[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>You rule a country with carrots and sticks What did

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

>You rule a country with carrots and sticks

What did he mean by this?
>>
>Carrots
Promises
>Sticks
threats
>>
>>1850854
Do you know the carrot on a stick metaphor? That's what he meant
>>
You can use the carrots to feed your soldiers and the sticks to beat your enemies
>>
Think of Homer Simpson. How would you go about motivating him with a stick and a donught?

You tie the donught to the string and put it in front of him.
>>
>>1850892
I've always thought of it this way, but the punishment/reward version seems to be the more widely used interpretation.
>>
>>1850904
How? Carrot on a stick is a widely used phrase. Why would the other one be more popular? Its all there?
I should point out I'm not blaming you I'm just genuinely confused
>>
why did they wear the spike on their helmets? Did they have tactical concussion charges?
>>
>>1850940
portable chair for anus penetration.
>>
>>1850952
Why wasn't this in my books!?
>>
>>1850940
It's an antenna for alien reptoid radiosignals
>>
>>1850962
So it was a prostate stimulating alien signal thingy?
>>
>>1850940

the actual reason is because "it looked cool"
>>
>>1850854

well, many German historians call his way of handling things "Zuckerbrot und Peitsche" meaning Sugarbread (sweets like candy) and Whips
>>
File: 2PeMcm.png (40KB, 315x320px) Image search: [Google]
2PeMcm.png
40KB, 315x320px
>>1851105
>Sugarbread and whips
>>
>>1850854

He meant "I'm a fat inbred bullyboy and I want people to do exactly what I tell them to, because I'm so damn important!"
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.