[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's said that the majority of Europeans are descended from

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 12

File: IMG_3927.jpg (87KB, 516x641px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3927.jpg
87KB, 516x641px
It's said that the majority of Europeans are descended from Charlemagne. How did their families descend from nobility to commoners?
>>
>>1850582
Bumping because I've always wondered this being descended from him myself.
>>
"No"
>>
>>1850582
Bastards, unlanded sons and lesser branches
>>
Huzzah

By the grace of God I have many beautiful children (emphasis on beautiful)

Wow, look at all these sexy peasants and other nobility!

[dicking over multiple generations intensifies]

Hell, even noble ladies took lovers if they'd already done their duty and produced a legitimate heir or two
>>
we
>>
>>1850582
wow I wuz literally a kang
>>
>have 2 legitimate children and 10 illegitimate children
>only your sole legitimate son inherits the paternal acres but you get your bastards good jobs as administrators, clergymen, lawyers and officers
>you have a total of 40 grandkids, only your grandson inherits your title, only 5 follow in their father's footsteps, the rest become lower ranking officers, woolen undergarment merchants and the like, one is a gambling drunks and his illegitimate kids become plebs
>>
>>1850680
Bastards were able to retain high ranks?
>>
>>1850707
Of course. Some of them could inherit against various circumstances (Like the crazed Spanish King during the Hundred Years War), but even if they couldn't inherit, their fathers always found a nice place for them.
For exemple, Philip Augustus, King of France, had only one real legitimate son who became King Louis VIII ; But he still managed to give away lands, or make one of them the archbishop of Reims.
>>
>>1850707
Philip the Good's bastards all ended up in nice places. Anthony was even known as the Grand Bastard of Burgundy.
>>
Surely you mean Western Europans?
>>
>>1850582
He was a king. He probably dumped big fat cum loads in random whores on a daily basis. That's what I would do anyway
>>
>>1850582
Primogeniture, or similar concepts oriented around a single son or sons, benefit one or few people. Look at Britain and its landed gentry, Highland chiefs, etc. Even those living in grand castles or stately homes have to sell off a few of their heirlooms every few years just to keep the place open, as well as opening the doors to the plebs. I've no doubt there are thousands, probably even millions, of Britons and overseas Anglos who're descendants of English or Scottish kings (and in turn, monarchs of Spain, France, etc). There's probably not a person left on these islands who isn't an x-greats-grandchild of Offa of Mercia or Alfred the Great. It's just that saying it is statistically likely and proving it are two different things.

All people have two parents, but those parents may have ten children. They in turn may have ten children each. So in two generations you have 100 people from that lineage.
>>
It's a meme based on numbers alone, which ignores that there is a definite degree of interbreeding going on.
>>
File: Temudgin.jpg (66KB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
Temudgin.jpg
66KB, 768x432px
>>1850582
You are like little baby
>>
>>1850582
So we wuz charlemagne and shieet?
>>
You're at least descended from some royalty/nobility unless you're one of those uncontacted tribals in the Amazon.
>>
>>1852701
What kind of nobility is most likely if my family came to America from England in the seventeenth century?

And if everyone is now descended from Charlemagne, is anyone descended from the peasants of his time? Or did they all go extinct?
>>
>>1852712
no, all white people are charlamagne.
>>
>>1852712
Research your family history you pleb
>>
>>1852712
>is anyone descended from the peasants of his time? Or did they all go extinct?
you can be descended from both. At a certain point, your family tree is so wide that there's really no way you could NOT be descended from both nobility and underclass people.
>>
HOL UP
>>
>>1852712
You've got to understand that he is one man in a vast sea of ancestors. The majority of your ancestors are peasants. Do you know any of your fourth cousins? If you say no, chances are you're wrong. You likely have anywhere from 800 to 1000. Nobles had a shitload of kids, that had a shitload of kids. They spread everywhere. Peasants had a shitload of kids to work farms. A shitload of noble kids fucked a shitload of peasant kids making you.
>>
>>1850582
First off a majority of Europeans are not descended from Charlemagne.
>>
>>1850642
wuz
>>
>>1854396
With pedigree collapse they are. Everyone with European ancestry is descended from all the people living in Europe in 800 AD who have a line of descent to the present day.
>>
>>1852622
That's Kublai, you dolt.
>>
>>1852582

Wrong.
>>
An uncle of my 18th century ancestor reportedly (according to said ancestor of mine) made a habit of getting pretty young local village girls to be servants at his estate, many of whom ended up pregnant very soon afterwards. He would then get the girls married off to some local lad and would contribute towards the dowry. Several times he also became the godfather for "their" first child.

To me the most amusing thing in this account is the fact my ancestor is clearly very fond of his uncle and even comments that he loved his wife very much for tolerating all this.
>>
>>1854447
for you
>>
>>1850582

Right,

they aren't actually descended from Charlemagne.

It is a mathematical concept, not genetic.
>>
>>1854679
>they aren't actually descended from Charlemagne.

Yes, they literally are.
>>
File: 1475772925263.jpg (37KB, 480x445px) Image search: [Google]
1475772925263.jpg
37KB, 480x445px
>>1850602
it's a mathematical certainty
>>
File: 1466364259922s.jpg (2KB, 109x125px) Image search: [Google]
1466364259922s.jpg
2KB, 109x125px
>>1851090
>dumped big fat cum loads in random whores on a daily basis
>>
File: 1475841666850.gif (982KB, 285x171px) Image search: [Google]
1475841666850.gif
982KB, 285x171px
>>1850582
All mongolians have a common ancestor around the time of the great khan

He died with his cock in someone

It's not really that uncommon
>>
File: IMG_9501.jpg (29KB, 336x465px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9501.jpg
29KB, 336x465px
Not the Irish. A lot of us descend from Niall of the Nine Hostages, early high king of Ireland.
>>
>>1854739
>Not the Irish.

Yes, the Irish too.
>>
>>1854747
Then they're dirty fucking brits, not Irishmen
>>
>>1850582
rape
>>
>>1854739

That's just patrilineal descendants, i.e. a direct line from father to father. If you include all descendants it would be everyone. Of course that wouldn't be unique to him - ANYONE alive at that time is either your ancestor or has no living ancestors.
>>
>>1854754

In that case, no Irishmen exist.
>>
>>1854739
>implying there hasn't been migration between Ireland and Britain for as long as the islands have been inhabited
Hello, my Anglo-Scando-Brythonic brother
>>
File: IMG_9491.jpg (85KB, 640x873px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9491.jpg
85KB, 640x873px
>>1854787
Fuck off
>>
>>1850582
in my case I actualy know
>lesser nobility
>family is becoming increasingly bad at keeping finances stable
>great great grand father manges to stablise a thing or two by investing in the kings colony of congo
>colony of congo
>fucking congo
>all royal lands get seized after the goverment takes over
>the little slivers of land still left are completly lost when congo becomes independant
>family has no actual wealth anymore
and there you have it, how your family goes from noble to common
>>
>>1854789

What is that supposed to show?
>>
File: IMG_9478.jpg (64KB, 770x1119px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9478.jpg
64KB, 770x1119px
>>1854800
Where's your 70% ancestry score mutt
>>
>>1854768
No true Irishman?
>>1854795
You should write a book, like so many Belgians with some vague connection to Congo.
>>
>>1854803

???
>>
>>1854739
Does that mean we wuz high kings?
>>
>>1854805
I honestly don't know that much about it, besides the few congolian souvenirs my grandparents have in the attic, and a longer version of the tld:dr I posted earlier.
There is some stigma on once being a belgian land owner in congo, seeing how things got so out of hand there.
>>
>>1854807
Someone should get this chimpanzee off their computer, Hes just spamming the keyboard.
>>
>>1854816
what does the pic in >>1854789 refer to?
>>
I think these meme claims underestimate how inbred the average rural middle of nowhere western European village is.
>>
>>1854823
It refers my relative pureness of ancestry. Have you heard of Ancestry DNA? These are my results. 70% in one ethnicity is hard to come by in most people who take the test.
>>
>>1854827

Not at all, these models are based on realistic anthropology, e.g. most people marry their cousins, etc. But if anyone EVER marries into the next village over, then within 3-5 generations that village now has all the same ancestors as the first village.
>>
>>1854844

Ok... so what?
>>
>>1854863
>Hello, my Anglo-Scando-Brythonic brother
I barely have the components you listed.
>>
File: jumperooo.jpg (28KB, 400x339px) Image search: [Google]
jumperooo.jpg
28KB, 400x339px
>>1854870
So what if you are a special genetic snowflake we're discussing the average Irishman
I think you just want to show off
>>
>>1854870

But you do have them. Also, "Irish" means closely related to "British."
>>
File: 1475522519709.png (124KB, 292x291px) Image search: [Google]
1475522519709.png
124KB, 292x291px
>>1854890
Good quality bait
>>
>>1854875
Maybe I am. This thread is dead anyways. But on ancestry it says the average native Irish who takes this test are about 95% Irish. Therefore theres a good chance that because many of these people have been isolated for such a long time, they don't have any descent from charlamagne. Not all of them since Ireland was colonized by England but a good sizable chunk of people.
>>
>>1854896

Huh?
>>
>>1854897

But they haven't been isolated.
>>
>>1854908
Then why is the average Irish native 95% Irish according to their website? That would imply a high degree of isolation and inbreeding.
>>
>>1854918

Isolated would mean everyone was 100%.
>>
>>1854926
You can't say for certain that the other 5% is always going to contain genes from Charlamagne. Therefore lots of Irish have no connection with him.
>>
>>1854935
>You can't say for certain that the other 5% is always going to contain genes from Charlamagne.

It's pretty much a mathematical certainty.
>>
I really am feeling that drop of Frankish blood boiling to spill the blood of Saxon men now.
>>
>>1854739
>A lot of us descend from Niall of the Nine Hostages, early high king of Ireland.
Not really though.
>>
>>1855005
I SHED BLOOD OF SAXON MEN
I SHED THE BLOOD OF THE SAXON MEN
I SHED THE BLOOD OF FOUR THOUSAND SAXON MEN
I SHED BLOOD OF SAXON MEN
>>
>>1854404
Charlemagnz
>>
>>1854475
Your greatest ancestor is an 18th century version of one of those pigmen from NTR shit
>>
>coolest ancestor I know fought in the all German 9th Ohio Infantry in the Civil War
>grandpa can't find shit further back

It's the same thing on my dad's side. The records become hard to trace when we try and see what our ancestors did before they immigrated to the United States. I'm not so sure about my German ancestry, but the trail of my Irish ancestry has run completely cold because record keeping was reportedly abysmal.
>>
File: 635.jpg (113KB, 381x374px) Image search: [Google]
635.jpg
113KB, 381x374px
I highly doubt that charlememe's descendants somehow reached in areas hostile to the carolememean empire.
>>
There will be a lot of europeans related to any one individual that had a few kids hundreds of years ago, that's how genealogy works
>>
>>1855172

Well, you're wrong.
>>
>>1855139
He's not my ancestor, just my ancestor's uncle.

Incidentally he never had a legitimate son, just four daughters.
>>
Assuming your lineage continues and your descendents continue having children, eventually every single person alive in the future could be traced back genetically to you. This happens to everyone unless down the line all their kids don't fuck.
>>
>>1855712
>He's not my ancestor

Actually, it sounds like there is a very good chance he is.
>>
File: rietje-plastic.jpg (12KB, 800x498px) Image search: [Google]
rietje-plastic.jpg
12KB, 800x498px
How do you creatie a trip code?
>>
>>1850582
People fuck around.
Their children do, too.
And their children, too.
And so on.

Not exactly rocket science.
>>
>>1854926
Na, that would require them to be artificial.
>>
>>1855733
suck 100 cocks
>>
Based on the author of this, it seems as if it's always been fairly easy for the wealthy to spread their seed among the lower classes, even during eras we tend to view as uptight:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Secret_Life_(memoir)
Thread posts: 85
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.