[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did Bulgaria get so much land, particularly the coast, when

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: Balkans-ethnic_(1861).jpg (4MB, 6280x5072px) Image search: [Google]
Balkans-ethnic_(1861).jpg
4MB, 6280x5072px
>>
>>1849648
Why did Turkey get so much land, particularly eastern Thrace, when it was clearly Greek majority?
>>
>>1849648

Balkan wars caused mass migrations of Turks and local converts to Islam from across the Balkans to move back to Anatolia.
>>
>>1849648
Why did Macedonia get so much land, particularly all of it, when it was clearly Bulgarian majority?
>>
>>1849648
Because the turks there were only there from genociding or converting the local population.
>>
>>1849648
Because the Turks held only slight plurality there.
Balkans were an absolute clusterfuck.
>>
>>1849648
I guess to compensate for the huge swats of land they weren't given despite majority population.
Also it would be an independent far away thing that Russia would just eat.
Keep in mind, Russia bordered the Danube at the time.
>>
>>1849917
They've made them that by intentionally fragmenting large and compact ethnic groups into smaller, more manageable ones and settling in parts in which they've never lived before.
>>
>>1849999
It worked before nationalism.
>>
>>1850005
It's "divide and conquer" in it's purest form.
>>
>>1849648
they all fled like rats when the russians came
>>
>>1850017
they would've fled much sooner if it weren't for the British and the French intervening at their stead in Crimean War, true sons of Christendom.
>>
>>1850012
More like making sure everyone lives mixed so that the balkan slavs would stop killing eachother for speaking with a different accent.
>>
>>1850211
Inter-Ethnic violence began to emerge only after they've shattered the ethnic balance of the Balkans, you're sorely misled if you believe that it had existed before.
>>
>>1849648
What year is this map from? I ask because I've never seen a map that shows such a large area of Turkish majority in NE Bulgaria. Obviously there were Turkish majorities around there, but I've never seen such a large, solid bloc of land like in this map.
>>
>>1850295
Its a map of the Ottoman Empire before the Russian invasion.
>>
>>1850295

It's literally written in the file title
>>
>>1849648
>all those albos in Epirus
what the fuck
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.