[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How advanced do you think philosophy could be today if it wasn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1476292868438.png (89KB, 826x801px) Image search: [Google]
1476292868438.png
89KB, 826x801px
How advanced do you think philosophy could be today if it wasn't fucked up by Plato and Aristotle? Seriously, these fuckers held down western thought for millennia with their stupidity. Just look at the fucking problem of universals or the conception of the christian god. Without Plato and Aristotle we could have actually gained knowledge in philosophy instead.
>>
>>1847341

I'll give you playdough, but Aristoteles was still a genius who corrected him where it mattered.
>>
>>1847341
I think you're retarded and have nothing further to contribute to this troll thread but I'm replying because I enjoyed your OP image. Carry on.
>>
>>1847347

>Believing in Heliocentrism, Classical elements and Alchemy
>Genius

Pick one
>>
>>1847875
>heliocentrism
Are you implying that the sun is not the centre of the solar system?
>>
>>1847966
It's the forms that are the real center of the cosmos
>>
>>1847875

>If you are not right about everything you're not a genius

Your definition is shit famalam
>>
>>1847966

Sorry meant to say Geocentrism
>>
>WAAAH WHY DOESN'T EVERYBODY SUBSCRIBE TO MORAL RELATIVISM
go fuck yourself nerd.
>>
>>1847341
>t. assmad Sophist
>>
Sophists were just teachers, brah, not dedicated philosophers. Their entire selling point was to make their students more virtuous, but there's no example of one of their students being virtuous or outstanding in character.
>>
>>1848190
More like

>I wish philosophy hadn't been held back by the complete failure of moral realism, rooted in doctrines that encourage us to ignore this existence in favor of an otherworldly fiction.

OP is absolutely right to consider Plato and Aristotle to have dug philosophy into a hole.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.