[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If this bad boy didn't hit, how much longer would feudalism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: blackdeath_main.png (771KB, 705x599px) Image search: [Google]
blackdeath_main.png
771KB, 705x599px
If this bad boy didn't hit, how much longer would feudalism have lasted?
If something like the black death hit nowadays and caused as much damage, what would come about it? Obviously there would be huge societal change, but what kind?
>>
>>1847188
>If this bad boy hit how much longer would feudalism last

I wouldn't say The Black Death ended feudalism

>Obviously there would be huge societal change, but what kind?

Depends on how heavy it hits, if we're talking Southern Europe/Middle east tier death rates, expect serious governmental collapse with a singular powerful structure coming into control of most of the population as it tries to reallocate the resources Pre-Pandemic.
Northern Europe level deaths? Maybe a stronger global unity as many governments collaborate to help allies and secure resources, you might see this devolve into small scale wars between old rivals.
>>
File: pangolin2.jpg (73KB, 480x588px) Image search: [Google]
pangolin2.jpg
73KB, 480x588px
How many of us are actively hoping for a global plague on the scale of the black death to happen in the near future? I want it so bad.
>>
>>1847446
it led to rise of mercantilism
>>
>>1847188
The Black Death killed feudalism because it specifically targeted people of higher social standing. All the kings were dead, and all of the nobles. The only people left alive were peasants, who were freed from the shackles of feudalism to congregate in anarcho-syndicalist communes.
It is widely understood that the term "Black Death" is not a disease, but an anarchist uprising in the same vein as the German Peasants' War. It was called the Black Death because it signaled a historic reset of civilization.

Such a thing would be impossible today because all the people have are assault muskets, while the government has tanks, planes, and Star Destroyers.
>>
>>1847458
Could feudal Dukes and Kings not establish protective practices without 1/3 of Europe dying off ?
>>
>>1847468
Then why did feudalism continue through and after the The Black Death?
>>
>>1847472
Did you read my entire post? It didn't continue. It was wiped out by the Black Death.
>>
>>1847486
>It didn't continue. It was wiped out by the Black Death.
but thats wrong
>>
>>1847457
i want to see all the new end of world cults that come about. I would love to see how crazy they would be.
>>1847446
I would think that it would lead to a new world order
>>
>>1847486
See post below

>>1847491
Likely, it's classic Hegian Dialect, although at this point in our evolution there's too many of us too revert back to tribes of 10-20 again
>>
>>1847486
wrong
>>
>>1847188
Feudalism died in the XIIIth Century with the rise of central powers. The French ost during the XIVth Century, well before the Black Death, was mostly made of paid mercenaries and knights receiving a "fief-rente", which means a wage. Feudalism only lasted through the Xth-XIIth centuries.
>>
>>1847188
Another black death when?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.