[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So when did you first realize that it was not europe that was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: wulfilla.jpg (22KB, 220x298px) Image search: [Google]
wulfilla.jpg
22KB, 220x298px
So when did you first realize that it was not europe that was christianized but rather the other way around, that it was christianity that had been europeanized? For me, it was when i realized that all of the ""christian"" high festivals and the notions behind them such as easter, christmas and so on are actually based on stolen pagan european festivities
>>
>"Catholicism is 90% paganism and 10% judaism" - Varg Vikernes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQCIxnkAtiI
>>
>>1846895
when I realized Roman Catholics, especially in Italy and South America act more pagan than their pagan ancestors did
>>
>all of the ""christian"" high festivals and the notions behind them such as easter, christmas and so on are actually based on stolen pagan european festivities
This is a 19th century myth
>>
Fuck off LARPers

The church OCCASIONALLY allowed feast days to fall on pagan holidays to make the transition easier

They didn't "adopt" pagan gods as saints
>>
>>1846898
I can't watch it now, can you tell me if that means he's okay with catholicism? Or does he still hate it because "fuck jews, race war now"?
>>
>>1846920
>is barg okay with Catholicism?

lol
>>
>>1846895
Not really, Christianity and European pagans were really similar at the start besides the amount of gods. Protestantism adopted Zoroastrian ideas(such as no defined interpretation of the bible, many denominations, splitting from Christianity, etc).
>>
File: dunno.png (20KB, 560x407px)
dunno.png
20KB, 560x407px
>>1846925
He's nuts, it won't surprise me.
>>
>>1846904
The saint system was just the newest version of interpretatio romana. It's no surprise it came out of the Roman Empire.
>>
It gave me mixed feels because on one hand i want to have traditions and shit and i love the ancient traditions of Europe and think they are based but on the other hand Christianity took those traditions and customs and raped them in attempts to make Christianity seem legit so now what we have ended up with is a shallow bootleg version of our old religions, traditions and customs (aka Christianity) so the choice is to either be a christian which feels wrong, or to be a fedora tipper who worships Stephen Hawking, there's no middle ground.

You can be like Varg Vikernes but honestly he's grasping at straws and probably inventing half of the shit as he goes. I dunno, i feel like a pagan to 100% but maybe i'll join a local church community just because there's no alternative.
>>
>>1846895
It feels good man.
>>
>>1846895
When I studied non-European Christianity before the spread of European empires.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.