[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have an exam tomorrow on the period between the mexican war

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: images (1).jpg (22KB, 343x429px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
22KB, 343x429px
I have an exam tomorrow on the period between the mexican war and the civil war. Could you please enlighten me on some of the key events of the period.
>>
We're not here to do your homework for you. If you weren't a fucking retard you'd have phrased your thread as a general discussion and maybe gleaned somethng.
>>
>>1845158

>not using cunningham's law to get people to do your homework

Just state a really strong, but wrong, opinion about the period and the autists here will come flocking to your topic.
>>
>>1845158

So, Polk (Democrat) gets everything he wanted to do accomplished, then steps down in 1848.

"War hero" Whig, Zachary Taylor, gets elected, but dies just a year into his term. His VP, Millard Fillmore, becomes President and basically betrays all Whig ideals.

Fillmore allowed the 1850 Compromise to pass, pissing everyone off (allowing slave masters to go North to catch their slaves, in return for California to enter the Union as a new "free" state).

So, the Whigs were subsequently divided. A Democratic alcoholic, Franklin Pierce, won the next presidential election. He was also considered a shit President.

Pierce had to decide what to do with the territories of Kansas and Nebraska. He decided to let them PICK whether or not they'd be slave states. This pissed off abolitionists, and allowed for the birth of the Republican party.

At the next presidential election in 1856, the race was three-way. Buchanan, the pro-"let the states decide on slavery" Democrat, the "muh abolition" Republican John Frémont and the Trump v1.0 anti-immigration "Know-Nothing Party." Buchanan won.

Buchanan's presidency is known as a succession of him shitting the bed and failing to be decisive. Thus: Civil War in 1861 after Republicans actually get in office.
>>
>>1845201
That's very helpful. Thanks for all the info.
>>
>>1845158
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d24Mq9PR6MI
>>
File: bill the butcher.jpg (194KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
bill the butcher.jpg
194KB, 1920x1080px
>>1845201

/thread/

"I don't see no Americans. I see trespassers, Irish harps. Do a job for a nickel what a nigger does for a dime and a white man used to get a quarter for."

"My father gave his life, making this country what it is. Murdered by the British with all of his men on the twenty fifth of July, anno domini, 1814. Do you think I'm going to help you befoul his legacy, by giving this country over to them, what's had no hand in the fighting for it? Why, because they come off a boat crawling with lice and begging you for soup."

Daily Reminder that the Know Nothings were the original redpill.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.