[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't you educate the anons asking questions /his/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: unrelated_155.jpg (60KB, 600x408px) Image search: [Google]
unrelated_155.jpg
60KB, 600x408px
Why don't you educate the anons asking questions /his/? Why don't you provide your sources? All these answers without source are personal opinions with no value whatsoever.
>>
Because fuck you, this board is for discussion not spoon feeding you information for you homework assignment.

Know what you're talking about before starting a thread or fuck off.
>>
>>1844733
How can you have a discussion here if you don't know where the fuck the other anon got his information? Most of the time you end up with wrong facts and biased opinions. How is that for discussion?
>>
what the fuck are people supposed to do, go trough the trouble of finding and giving you sources for every sentence they write ? Look them up yourself its not that hard
>>
>>1844714
What about critical thought? Can't someone have a valid, logically sound, opinion if they don't link any sources? I feel like you 'historians' wank over the whole source thing a bit too much.

Most sources aren't foolproof either; they're made by people like you and me.
>>
You just described every holoca$h memoir ever written
>>
The answers to the OP are the embodiment of everything that is wrong with /his/.

Not only not knowing how to cite sources, but also not understanding the role of sources and even openly refusing the concept here in itself, sprinkled in with a big dose of crossboarder /pol/ antisemitism.
>>
>>1844756

Google
>>
>>1846032
Yeah, this is pretty much true.

As a professional historian I was so excited when /his/ first appeared. I could educate anons and answer questions without having to go to reddit and deal with their awful interface and their worse community.

But it's terrible, it's somehow even worse than the reddit history boards. I really wanted to like it but there are just so many problems and for some reason the moderation is really lax.
>>
You've got to realize that the good majority of people on this board don't have any actual training or experience in history, and either don't even know what citation is or don't have access to sources. The history discussed /his/ is mostly common stuff that is easy to access though Wikipedia or quotes. If you wanted to discuss something like humanism and it's effects on the renaissance, you would need more than a basic knowledge of it requiring extensive reading or taking a course on it, which most people will never do. That said this board is completely fine so far if you take out the tripfags
>>
I mention books when i see bullshit references but i'm not going to cite specific pages because i might not have book on me/it was in txt form/it takes forever to actually find the specific page.
You just have to do your own homework.
>>
>>1844714
So does that pic confirm blacks like to riot for fun?
>>
>>1846107
Pretty much this. Not to mention that everyone who has read enough history books knows well the feeling of starting to forget titles and names of authors. This can be easily solved when you have to write a paper (just look at your previous ones) but a 4chan comment doesn't deserve you bothering.
>>
>>1844714
>Why don't you educate the anons asking questions /his/? Why don't you provide your sources? All these answers without source are personal opinions with no value whatsoever.
Yeah that shit drives me fucking crazy.

Just drop a link and a

>greentext quote

For fuck's sake. It ain't hard. Shit.
>>
OP, look up the differences between a 'philosophical labourer' and a regular philosopher.

This board is for more than just history, and not just your idea of history either.
>>
That's what I hate about this board

Nobody cites anything

Even /tg/ cites its sources
>>
>>1844714
I'm not here to educate people, I'm here to talk with people about a subject I enjoy, and a subject that I believe they have a decent comprehension of. If you want to get educated read a fucking book, or something. This place isn't meant to be the height of historical academia, rather it is for casual discussion.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.