[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay, without going full /pol/, what role did blacks/indians

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 166
Thread images: 27

File: file.png (614KB, 800x496px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
614KB, 800x496px
Okay, without going full /pol/, what role did blacks/indians play in WW1?

I know there were some African colonies that had troops, but did they ever move up and how many were Germans?
>>
>>1844666
>without going full /pol/,
If you feel the need to preface your question with that caveat then you're not going to like the answer, kiddo.
>>
>>1844666

Fuck off satan.
>>
File: 1475533041261.png (160KB, 898x605px) Image search: [Google]
1475533041261.png
160KB, 898x605px
>>1844666

not a whole lot. The Germans used NO/ZERO black colonial troops in europe and only recruited the locals in their african territories to fight in Africa

blacks in the US played a pretty minor role as well. The only real significant ones were the blacks used by the french, and still they werent that much.

The creator of that games main goal was to promote diversity as well, not historical accuracy
>>
>>1844666
Large #s of colonial troops fought in the war, though most of them in the African and Middle Eastern theatres rather than in Europe. The French made the widest use of colonial troops within Europe. I don't think the Germans ever brought any of their askaris to fight in Europe. It would have been difficult to do so given British domination of the seas.
>>
>>1844679
didn't the British use colonial garrisons from Africa in their Arabian/Mesopotamian campaigns?
>>
>>1844666
Blacks served in the British, German and French armies, but only the French deployed its black colonial troops on the Western Front in any significant capacity (roughly 135,000). Britain, however, did use Indian soldiers on the western front in a significant capacity.

The character depicted on the screen is a member of the 369th Infantry Regiment, a colored unit subsequently nicknamed the Harlem Hellfighters. They were unique from other AEF units in that they were integrated into the French army (the AEF refused to use its units as part of the French command structure), received French equipment and helmets and served alongside French Divisions. They were well regarded by the French but were not extraordinarily successful compared to others.
>>
>>1844689
They did, as well as a ton of soldiers from India (the Mesopotamian campaigns were conducted by the Indian army)
>>
>>1844666
>The Indian Army during World War I contributed a large number of divisions and independent brigades to the European, Mediterranean and the Middle East theatres of war in World War I. Over one million Indian troops served overseas, of whom 62,000 died and another 67,000 were wounded. In total at least 74,187 Indian soldiers died during the war.

>In World War I the Indian Army fought against the German Empire in German East Africa and on the Western Front. At the First Battle of Ypres, Khudadad Khan became the first Indian to be awarded a Victoria Cross. Indian divisions were also sent to Egypt, Gallipoli and nearly 700,000 served in Mesopotamia against the Ottoman Empire.[1] While some divisions were sent overseas others had to remain in India guarding the North West Frontier and on internal security and training duties.
>>
>>1844679
>The creator of that games main goal was to promote diversity as well, not historical accuracy
Except that the the Harlem Hellfighters were only shown in the prologue and was the shortest part of the campaign. If they really wanted to show diversity they'd make a campaign that didn't consist solely of Anglos and a single Italian.
>>
>>1844707
Well, he does get the cover art.
>>
>>1844666
the black character in the game is very muted and only in the short prologue. He's just a token like any other piece of media.

What really rustles my jimmies is that France and Russia were omitted as playable in the game. It would've been amazing to have battles set at Verdun or during the Brusilov Offensive.

Hell even the Italians got some glory in this game with Monte Grappa being playable, I wonder why biggest 2 players of the allies were left out.
>>
>>1844732
Ottomans and Germans having French FT-17s everywhere, all without the country that actually used those tanks appearing, is what really grinds my gears.
>>
File: 117751a.jpg (14KB, 300x550px)
117751a.jpg
14KB, 300x550px
fun fact: the best and most famous sniper of WW1 was a Canadian injun named Francis Pegahmagabow
>>
>>1844666

One of my favorite historical figures is General von Lettow-Vorbeck of Germany.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_von_Lettow-Vorbeck

Read about this fucking man and what he did. It's amazing. You can do far worse in life for a role model on courage and resilience.
>>
>>1844771

One of my favorite history tales, not sure if it's included in the Wikipedia, is the Africans who sought compensation.

During the Weimar Republic, the Germans wanted to reward the Africans who fought with them in WWI. But when the Africans arrived in Germany to receive this, the Germans realized they'd kept no records and had no idea how to know who was a veteran of German service and who was just lying for an easy payout.

Then a German soldier had a brainstorm. He went into a closet, pulled out a broom handle, and asked that each African applying for compensation perform a rifle manual.

According to records, not one African failed.
>>
>>1844732
>I wonder why biggest 2 players of the allies were left out
For DLC of course, fucking jews.
>>
>>1844798

No. American reasons, obviously. Russians are evil and French are pussies, right? Who'd want to play as them?

t. an American who can think
>>
>>1844810

swedes made the game fuckhole
>>
>>1844826

For who, fuckhole?
>>
One thing that is important to note is that Africa's population until recently was tiny.
In 1900 the total African population according to GeoHive was 130 million, in 1850 it was 110 million, and by 1950 it was only 230 million. Let's therefor place the WW1 population around 140-150 million. Europe by contrast, in 1900, had a population of 410 million, it was probably ~450 million by the time of WW1.

That means that Africa had less than a third of Europe's population, it was far away with the exception of Northern Africa, it was divided between different countries, some areas of it such as Ethiopia never entered the war, and colonial states naturally mobilize a smaller portion of the population than national states, since they're designed to rule over, not to be representations of the people.

The African contribution to the European war was pretty small, and even within Africa, the only seriously major campaign was the East African campaign. However, in light of the dramatically smaller population and economic sizes, the numbers are more outsized than they might appear. France deployed around 450,000 Africans and another 110,000 Europeans from Africa into Europe during WW1 ( http://encyclopedia.1914-1918-online.net/article/colonial_military_participation_in_europe_africa ) so 660,000 troops was not an insignificant number given the population numbers and economic backwardness. But still, while not negligible, that is ultimately a small proportion compared to the resources deployed otherwise in Europe, and France was the only power that committed to such a degree.

Overall then, not much, but that's partially because people think of the modern relation of Africa (around 1.1 billion people) to Europe (740 million people), instead of Europe having x3 times as much population as Africa. Their contribution was interesting, and the majority of the Africans who actually fought in Europe, the French ones, are getting fucked with the rest of France by the Anglo-Saxons.
>>
>>1844707
>English Tanker
>Canadian Pilot
>Italian Trooper
>Arab Rebel
>Aussie Runner

2/5 aren't Anglos. (3/5 if you count the intro)
>>
>>1844834

the world you retard. Fuck off with your inferiority complex about america. Are you going to blame us because you cant get laid as well?
>>
>>1844702
delet.
>>
>>1844784
>>1844771
German East Africa, where Lettow-Vorbeck was stationed, was relatively unique as an African colony. It's one of the few colonies that got the reforms they demanded (after a bloody colonial conflict) and literacy in the colony was staggering despite how common indentured servitude and conscripted labor was. The real interesting thing I found, though, was how native Tanganyikans around the Rufiji Delta would greet German colonists. Since prior to 1895 they had only dealt with soldiers and often only on leave at that, the common greeting became a military salute while exclaiming mahlzeit (essentially "mealtime", generally used by Germans around lunchtime/breaktime). Extra fun fact of the day: Mahlzeit is still used as an informal greeting in parts Tanzania today.
>>
>>1844771
>You can do far worse in life for a role model on courage and resilience.
You can also do far better than a man responsible for causing food shortrages, pressing into service and working to death tens of thousands of the indigenous population.
>>
File: my nigga paulie.jpg (54KB, 536x800px) Image search: [Google]
my nigga paulie.jpg
54KB, 536x800px
>>1845329
War isn't a cakewalk, and from all I've read of him, he cared for, and earned the respect of the black troops he commanded.
>>
>>1844881
the game is produced, advertised and published by Americans dipshit
>>
>>1845359
>produced
DICE is Swedish. The game isn't produced by EA. It's only advertised and published by them.
>>
>>1845341
While causing the deaths of tens of thousands of civilians.
>>
>>1845367
Can't be helped.
>>1845365
DICE LA made the game.
>>
File: antiamerican propaganda.jpg (438KB, 1502x2167px) Image search: [Google]
antiamerican propaganda.jpg
438KB, 1502x2167px
>a video game about man's most tragic and destructive undertaking set in the era of industrialized death in which the player dies and respawns infinitely is historically offensive to me because black dudes

You guys crack me up.
>>
>>1845374
Why don't you try reading the thread first?
No one has bought up shit about the blacks besides the fat that yes, they did not play a large role in the western front.
Go memetext somewhere else.
>>
>>1845239
Neat
>>
>>1845379

lol yeah this is a totally organic topic not w/ no pretense any other popular threads
>>
>>1845391
Are you drunk.
>>
>Black Africans
Were mostly utilised in African campaigns and in the Middle East (Prehaps it easier to get them there). There were some, segregated I believe, American platoons comprised mostly or entirely of black people

>Indians
Served in large numbers, particularly in the Middle East, they were probably one of the largest non-european ethnic groups who served

>Arabs
Served alongside the allies in the Arab revolt, not much of the Middle East was under European control so not many served directly in the British army but they did fight alongside them

>Asians
Japan was an ally and fought their own front mainly in China and did gain some possessions. The French did utilise Vietnamese people, particularly as a labour force, little fought but they did contribute. There was a Chinese labour force who were mostly stationed in Russia

This is limited but hope it does help with some knowledge on non-whites in ww1. Correct me if I wrong though.
>>
I went off to survey the battlefield. From the meadow arose exotic calls and cries for

help. The voices were like the noise that frogs make in the grass after a rainstorm. In

the tall grass we discovered a line of dead and three wounded who threw themselves at

our feet and begged us for mercy. They seemed to be convinced that we would

massacre them.

In answer to my question 'Quelle nation?' one replied: 'Pauvre Rajput!'

So these were Indians we had confronted, who had travelled thousands of miles across

the sea, only to give themselves a bloody nose on this god-forsaken piece of earth

against the Hanoverian Rifles.

They were delicate, and in a bad way. At such short range, an infantry bullet has an

explosive effect. Some of them had been hit a second time as they lay there, and in

such a way that the bullets had passed longitudinally, down the length of their bodies.

All of them had been hit twice, and a few more than that. We picked them up, and

dragged them towards our lines. Since they were screaming like banshees, my men

tried to hold their mouths shut and brandished their fists at them, which terrified them

still more. One died on the way, but he was still taken along, because there was a

reward for every prisoner taken, whether alive or dead. The other two tried to

ingratiate themselves with us by calling out repeatedly: 'Anglais pas bon!' Why these

people spoke French I couldn't quite understand. The whole scene - the mixture of the

prisoners' laments and our jubilation - had something primordial about it. This wasn't

war; it was ancient history.
>>
>>1845451
Returned to the line, we were received in triumph by the company, who had heard the

sounds of fighting, and had been pegged back by a heavy artillery barrage, and our

captives were much gawped at. Here I was able to set the minds of our captives at rest

- they seemed to have been told the direst things about us. They thawed a little, and

told me their names; one of them was Amar Singh. Their outfit was the First Hariana

Lancers, a good regiment, I'm told.
>>
>>1845385
Thanks for the (You) fampai
>>
File: WW1 BE & FE.png (24KB, 516x486px) Image search: [Google]
WW1 BE & FE.png
24KB, 516x486px
>>1844666
>>
>>1844666

In the western front they basically did nothing as they were less than 5% of the total soldiers.
>>
File: 25anhc8.jpg (18KB, 365x363px) Image search: [Google]
25anhc8.jpg
18KB, 365x363px
Surprised nobody's mentioned the Siamese Expeditionary Force yet. They were the only independent Asian nation to fight on the western front.
>>
>>1845965
Shartland please.
>>
>>1845373
>DICE LA made the game.

Daniel Berlin, a swede, made the game. Every battlefield is made by swedes. The credits section of those games is full of nothing by bjorgsonjorogson swedish shit.

Its a swedish game and you are retarded and petty for trying to "blame" americans for this game. Go get laid
>>
Can't you guys just take these threads to /v/ or /pol/ there threads never go anywhere and turns into a baitfest after the 10th reply.
>>
File: tirsenegalais-140713f.jpg (80KB, 720x477px) Image search: [Google]
tirsenegalais-140713f.jpg
80KB, 720x477px
A French cavalry officer talking to some Senegalese infantrymen before the Bastille day celebrations in 1913.
>>
File: 3186-2.jpg (177KB, 650x456px) Image search: [Google]
3186-2.jpg
177KB, 650x456px
>>1846738
Senegalese cavalryman poses on his horse before the same.
>>
>>1845965
A lot of independent Asian observers were in the Western Front. RoC China alone had several future Warlords observing in both sides.
>>
>>1844666
More Indians died in WWI than Americans
>>
>>1844666
Hey that's the guy on the monster can
>>
>>1844877
>Canadian pilot
Bishop, right?
>>
>>1844695
>but only the French deployed its black colonial troops on the Western Front in any significant capacity (roughly 135,000).

Out of 8.6 millions troops
I'll let you calculate the percentage
>>
>>1844702
But how did Brits teach them to poo in the loo?
>>
>>1844666
Albinos always try to downplay our accomplishments while over-blowing their own.
>>
>>1847895

filtered :)
>>
>>1847895
Another trip fag
>>
>>1847930
Butthurt cumskin can't handle the truth lmao.
>>
>>1844666
Has no one else heard of WEB Dubois or the Harlem hellfighters?
>>
>>1847962
White people don't want you to know about those people because they want to make it look like they won the war when it was actually won on the backs of black soldiers.
>>
>>1844747
There's a fantastic Canadian novel based loosely on his life and experiences called Three Day Road. Phenomenonal read for anyone curious
>>
>>1847967
WE WUZ SOLDIERS
>>
>>1847973
False meme made by whites to distract from the fact that they're actually the ones who claim history that isn't their own.
>>
File: we.jpg (154KB, 501x742px) Image search: [Google]
we.jpg
154KB, 501x742px
>>1847973
>>
File: IMG_3925.jpg (30KB, 480x360px)
IMG_3925.jpg
30KB, 480x360px
>>1847992
>>
File: 1464049910436.jpg (55KB, 490x357px) Image search: [Google]
1464049910436.jpg
55KB, 490x357px
>>1845572
I love how someone has answers and he gets ignored to respond to shit posters.
>>
>>1845572
>Britain
>4 millions out of the 8.8 millions troops the British Empire mobolized are British

>France
>7.8 millions out of the 8.6 millions troops the French Empire mobilized are French

Really made me think
>>
File: we wuz mozart.png (394KB, 856x714px) Image search: [Google]
we wuz mozart.png
394KB, 856x714px
>>1847992
SHiiiieeet
>>
>>1844666

It is true for British that are mostly coward that use everyone else to fight for them while most of the french army were actually french.

So Yeah, I don't find it disturbing to see a lot of colonial troops for a country that based his empire only on Colonies.
>>
>>1844679
>More Japanese deaths than Black deaths
How?
I thought they showed up on the last days of the war and just stole some unguarded colonies???

HOW??
>>
>>1848116

>muh hair

why are black people so retarded?
>>
>>1848126
Tsingtao motherfucker

and this

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asian_and_Pacific_theatre_of_World_War_I
>>
>>1844679
Is this counting indians as white europeans?
>>
>>1848126
That chart isnt showing deaths
>>
>>1848116
>Moors
>Black
Why do these idiots believe this?
>>
>>1848178
A lot of them were pretty black
>>
Americans are so stupid.
>>
>>1844666
The Brits utilized a lot of Indian troops. Also, Indians were much more supportive of England during WWI than during WWII.
>>
>>1844666
IN Europe proper? Little.

In territories outside of Europe however, the primary warfighter was the native.
>>
>>1848126
In Imperial Japan, "military prowess" was defined by your ability to bayonet Chinese/Korean peasants or neolithic island tribesmen rather than any sort of actual fighting skill.
>>
>>1848215
Black as in dark skinned Arab, not literal sub-Saharan.
>>
>>1848126
They entered real early. In fact, they kind of saved Britains shit because OOPS, the Germans had naval superiority in the pacific when the war broke out.
>>
>>1848159
>Japan went to war to seize a German beer factory in China.
Christ.
>>
>>1849766
Tsingtao was considered the "German Hong Kong" though less in significance versus Hong Kong itself.

You must remember that though Tsingtao is tiny, Japan has been itching to acquire a spot in China. They've been denied in 2 wars they fucking won for a spot in China because Imperial Japan was a diplomatic fucktard.
>when Qing, after being beaten by Japan in the 1st Sino-Jap war, sought Russian & British intervention to cuck Japan out of any spot in Mainland China. So Japan had to settle for Taiwan.
>Russo-Japanese War. American brokered peace deal made Japs settle for Korea.

What's worse after WWI, they were asked to return Qingdao to ROC China, who joined (albeit did not participate) the allied side in 1917 in order to get German held territories in China back and to escape possible Japanese aggression. China's diplomacy paid off in 1922 when Japan was forced to return it by the LoA starting a long road of Japanese butthurt leading to ultranationalism.
>>
>>1849552
That sounds just like the UK
>>
>>1844666
Sure there wasn't alot of niggers in Europe at the time, but then again. A game shouldn't teach you history considering it is just a game, the niggers was a rare sight in WW1 in Europe but so is most of the weapons you're gonna use in BF1. BUT! Hopefully and most likely they are gonna bring back/in character customization so you can be british or german and be well.. white as they are and should be.
>>
>>1847992
"Melanin Warrior" why do people on 4chan just love to pretend to be some nigger extremist scoop of shit?
>>
File: srjhsfjfj.jpg (52KB, 671x377px) Image search: [Google]
srjhsfjfj.jpg
52KB, 671x377px
>>1849726
They could be pretty black
>>
>>1844666
Some Tunisians and Vietnamese fought alongside the Serbian army as French colonial regiments on the Macedonian front.
>>
File: 18640u-1554.jpg (148KB, 600x742px) Image search: [Google]
18640u-1554.jpg
148KB, 600x742px
>but but ve vas holy roman emprahs!
>>
>>1848576
>indians
the indian political establishment was.
WW2 was when the brits added a lot of incentive to recruit soldiers.
>>
>>1849871
Before someone hijacks this, there isn't any customization in the game right now because it's still isn't fully released. DICE dev confirmed full game will have customization.
>>
>>1851279
Aah I was not aware, that's glorious.
>>
File: 268138_orig.jpg (104KB, 620x387px) Image search: [Google]
268138_orig.jpg
104KB, 620x387px
>>1844666
Many French African troops fought on the Western Front. British India contributed massive manpower for the imperial war effort. Germany couldn't however get any of its colonial troops to Germany thanks to Allied naval superiority. They stayed in the German colonies to be overrun, excepting Lettow-Vorbeck and his colonial forces.

Pic related, the French Senegalese forces mustering in Marseilles prior to the First Battle of the Marne.
>>
>>1849761
Germany had naval superiority in the Pacific? Explain?
>>
>>1851745
I can greentext about the East Asia Squadron if you want.
>>
>>1852184
Please do.
>>
File: Askari-on-March.jpg (61KB, 587x352px) Image search: [Google]
Askari-on-March.jpg
61KB, 587x352px
The German Askaris fought exclusively in Africa under Lettow-Vorbeck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMzPOUy8wdM
>>
>>1851721
>Many French African troops fought on the Western Front
>Many

African troops made up like 2% of total French army and most were on the Balkan theater
See >>1845572
>>
>>1852333

If they wanted diversity, then why didnt they include some African levels? Would be cool
>>
>>1852365
Because they already have that ebin female bedouin cavalry level so they can pander to both women and brown people at the same time.

Besides, i don't think that many people know of Lettow-Vorbeck's accomplishments in Africa.
>>
File: lettowvorbeckportrait.jpg (26KB, 375x434px) Image search: [Google]
lettowvorbeckportrait.jpg
26KB, 375x434px
>>1852378
>i don't think that many people know of Lettow-Vorbeck's accomplishments in Africa.

all the more reason to include him. Millennials are fucking idiots anyway who dont know the titanic was real and think Bush killed more people than Stalin
>>
>>1852389
Even if they included German colonial troops in the game it would probably be seen as "racist" because of muh ebil white oppressors.
>>
Why can't poltards remain in their contaminated board?
>>
>>1852389

The herero genocide was the Germans killing light skinned peoples who attacked dark skinned peoples. So it was actually a 100% progressive and leftwi ng genocide.
>>
File: bf.jpg (1MB, 2254x2495px) Image search: [Google]
bf.jpg
1MB, 2254x2495px
>>1844666
French here
Just got kicked from a French video game forum for criticizing the cucks and traitors who bought that piece of Anglo propaganda that is BF1 despite the fact it heavily shits on France

Fucking foreigners on /int/ care more about respecting France's history than French people...
>>
>>1854287
>that piece of Anglo propaganda

>The majority of the population are Swedes. The Sweden Finns are a large ethnic minority comprising approximately 50,000 along the Swedish-Finnish border, and 450,000 first and second generation immigrated ethnic Finns, mainly living in the Mälaren Valley region. Meänkieli Finnish has official status in parts of northern Sweden near the Finnish border. In addition, Sweden's indigenous population groups includes the Sami people, historically a nomadic reindeer herding group that has been native to Fenno-Scandinavia for at least 5000 years.[9] Today, the Sami language holds the status of official minority language in four municipalities in the Norrbotten county.

Immigrants from the Middle East have been a rapidly growing share of Sweden’s population. According to the government agency Statistics Sweden, the number of Swedes born in all of Asia (including the Middle East) rose from just 1,000 in 1950 to 295,000 in 2003.[10] Most of those immigrants came from Iraq, Iran, Lebanon and Syria, according to Statistics Sweden.[10]
>>
>>1854287
Kill yourself
>>
>>1854287
jvc?
>>
>>1854352
Yep, the BF1 forum
Cucks there will go incredible lenghts to justify their cuckoldery
In the end, they're just faggots who can't stand not buying the lastest product from a big license even for the sake of respecting their acestors memory...
>>
>>1854360
Vraiment des fdp les modos
>>
>>1854342
>>1854287
I second this, you should really consider killing yourself
>>
>>1854342
>>1854370
Kys yourself, bong
>>
Fuck Battlefield 1.
>>
>>1854534
This game belongs in the fucking garbage
>>
>>1854534
What am I looking at?
>>
File: 1411555191091.png (77KB, 294x413px) Image search: [Google]
1411555191091.png
77KB, 294x413px
>>1854534
>these coats of arm at the top
>Malta vs the HRE
>>
>>1854548
Italian front in bf1
Look at the flag
>>
>without going full /pol/
Are you this afraid of being judged?
>>
>>1854554
...I actually assumed that was a mod.
>>
>>1854583
Actual flag for Austria-hungary
How can you be this retarded it literally one Google search away, I don't mean you anon I mean dice for being so lazy
>>
>>1854589
Well the Hungarians weren't really involved in the alpine scenario, so it makes sense to just use the flag of the Austrian Empire instead of the combined flag. I don't see why you're complaining.
>>
>>1854597
stop
we wrote songs of the doberdo
in fact most of our casualties came from there, and we contributed the most from the empire
>>
>>1854597
I know but still shouldn't they be using the Austro-hungarian flag at least have the flags right every country has the time appropriate flag execpt Austria-Hungary
>>
File: us-1912.gif (8KB, 412x216px)
us-1912.gif
8KB, 412x216px
My question is, does the United States flag in Battlefield 1 have 48 stars?
>>
>>1854961
My question is why is the US flag in Battlefield 1 when the French flag isnt?
>>
>>1854971
Is it not in the game? I just looked up that the French are being added as DLC, but is there not a French campaign?
>>
>>1854974
There's no DLC campaign
France will get two multiplayer maps at most (most probably just one) and that's it
Meanwhile, disgusting overrated Britbongs have half of the campaign about them
>>
>>1854983
That's a shame, to be honest. However, I am enjoying the game a lot, the War Stories aspect a lot more than multiplayer.
>>
File: Barnacles.jpg (38KB, 458x334px) Image search: [Google]
Barnacles.jpg
38KB, 458x334px
>>1854974
>French are not in the base game
Wait what?
Jesus I thought all the bad press here was just /his/ being /his/, but not including arguably the most important Entente power is incredibly stupid.
>>
>>1855023
Neither France nor Russia are in the game
All the campaign is basically revolving around Brits plus one chapter about the Italian front and another one an arab women who fights under British command

They could easily have had a French and Russian character and even some chapters from Central Powers pov, but they went for the British wankfest instead
>>
>>1852344
>African troops made up like 2% of total French army and most were on the Balkan theater
Over a hundred thousand men is a lot of people that any person would describe as many. He didn't say most or majority, he was just saying it was more than like 5 people.
>>
>>1855049
I would have much rather they take out the US and put in France.
Im American and it doesnt make sense to me that were a faction but France/ Russia aint.
>>
>>1855072
>Over a hundred thousand men is a lot of people that any person would describe as many

Not when out of a total of 8.6 millions
By percentage, you'd have one black soldier for every 300 white French ones
>>
>>1855081
I'm not half as mad about the addition of harlem memefigters than I am about how overrated Britain is
>>
>>1855089
Again, he did not say anything to imply these troops were a large proportion of the French army, only that there were a lot of them. This is like saying 'there are not that many Christians/Muslims in China' because they make up only a tiny percentage of China's total population, but by any reckoning tens of millions of people is a lot of people.
>>
>>1854614
>>1854589
The flags are more or less accurate as the colors of the royal families of Italy and Austria. The Austro-Hungarian flag you're thinking of was just used for the merchant marine.
>>
>>1855100
This
I couldnt care less about skin color, but annihilating the most important entente power's contribution to the war is an incredibly poor decision.
>>
>>1855108
n shit
>>
>>1844671
"not going full pol" is now synonymous with "don't be retarded or hyperbolic when it comes to race", this is known.
>>
>>1855106
Can I get a source on this?
>>
>>1855192
No It's "don't say something i disagree with"
>>
>>1844877
>no russians
>no French
>no Germans
Wat
>>
>>1855213
Not him, but the white cross on red isn't the flag of Malta (well it is, but along with several other nations and entities like Switzerland) but probably in reference to the Duchy of Savoy, which later became the Kingdom of Sardinia that went on to become the Kingdom of Italy.

The black/yellow Austrian flag is the one you see used all the time in German WWI propaganda, and the black eagle on yellow is the imperial symbol which more or less became the Hapsburg's personal emblem after the title became mostly hereditary.
>>
File: CkwvOlTWEAA-IWc.jpg (35KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
CkwvOlTWEAA-IWc.jpg
35KB, 640x480px
>>1855192
>>
>>1855108
Ya I enjoy the game but the campaign triggered me from minute 1. No Russia and France 2 of the most important powers. You dont charge from a trench on the western front 1 time. You dont fight in any major battles on the Western front... you know the important ones.
>>
>>1844877
>2/5 aren't Anglos. (3/5 if you count the intro)

And only one if you count the fact the Arab one fights under British command and that Harlem fighter = American = Anglo
>>
>>1847787
>Let's focus on the 2nd highest allied ace because the 1st one is French and fuck France
>>
>>1855807
>the Arab one fights under British command and that Harlem fighter = American = Anglo
might as well say 5/5 are anglo because the Italians are allied with the British
fuck /int/
>>
>>1855023
>>French are not in the base game
Neither are the Russians, this is because there are no black Russians and instead of appealing to historical blacks (The Foreign Legion and colonial troops) they wanted to appeal to American blacks...
All the blacks in the game are Mulattoes except for one.
>>
>>1855683
You just proved him right
>>
>>1855192
Not at all it means don't even say anything that could possibly be interpreted as /pol/
>>
File: 1473373078899.jpg (595KB, 960x2936px) Image search: [Google]
1473373078899.jpg
595KB, 960x2936px
>>1854534

HE CANT KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT!
>>
>>1857216
He does
>>
>>1847880

Hardly anyone fighting in the trenches pooed in a loo.
>>
Just finished the Britbong tank story, it was actually pretty good desu.
>>
>>1859259
Almost all the characters are bongs
>>
>>1854983
Did the Swedes actually go through that much effort to avoid basic WW1 history just to get this awful shit out there?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (110KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
110KB, 1280x720px
>>1844679
>The creator of that games main goal was to promote diversity

Is that why the Ottomans in the game have no diversity and have even lighter skin than they have in reality, despite the scorching desert sun?

Nah, this is straight up anti white racism. Anti-White Swedes virtue signalling to their White friends. There's no benefit of having a multi-racial Ottoman fraction. Their white friends wouldn't be impressed and the Turks might even get offended. Better play it safe and make the Turks as white as possible.
>>
>>1849884

because people fall for it
>>
Battlefield games have been diversity cancer since BF4

>BF4
>Good hearted nigog who wants to help chink refugees
>Chink women who falls in love with nog
>Selfish unmanly whitey manlet scolds nignog hero for having saved

>BF Hardline
>Diversity the game
>Don't remember a single white character
>>
So to those who played, does automatic fire reign with portable machine guns or is it actually realistic, and people carry bolt actions?
>>
>>1859699
People mostly use SMGs (supposed to be prototypes lmao), Bolt Actions are rarely used

Tanks also happen to be faster than WW2 tanks
>>
>>1844666
>Don't give battlefield attention
>Play Verdun
>?
>Have fun
>>
>>1859766
It's not about having fun, it's about what millions of normie kids first contact with WW1 will be
Video game is a very powerful and influential medium
>>
>>1859717
SMGs weren't really even around until the later half of the war.

Germans used artillery pistols for clearing rooms.
Thread posts: 166
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.