/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the law of retaliation the solution for the crime in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: CODE OF HAMURABI.jpg (2MB, 1215x2000px) Image search: [Google]
CODE OF HAMURABI.jpg
2MB, 1215x2000px
Is the law of retaliation the solution for the crime in the days of today?
>>
>>1843241
It wasn't a solution even back when it was introduced.
>>
>>1843258
Why?
>>
>>1843241
No, it's for jews and is l i t e r a l l y responsible for all of the fucked up shit ISIS does
>>
>>1843263
Because people don't fear punishment for one reason or another.
>>
>>1843241

The solution to criminals is to exile them, kill them, or sell the into indentured/private servitude. Thats anti-fragile and zero overhead.

The modern prison system as most think of it today was invented by the puritans in the 17th century who had the heretical belief that all men had the same souls with equi-valent beaticity and hence all had the possibility of earthly redemption.

As a result, we to-day engage in pointless expenditures propping up chattel houses where they engage in pointless existences.

Well, i suppose if you were more optimistic you could look at it as a very expensive form of exile 'in place'. Thats better than nothing i suppose (the good old 'war on drugs' pretext has been highly successful in getting many nignogs off the streets and in boxes in record numbers, and consequently crime rates have dropped significantly since the late 60s - early 70s peak when they got all fired up and emansuhpated by the libcucks of the time).
>>
>>1843241
No. As every civilization advanced it gradually got rid of it, replacing it with fines. It clearly wasn't as effective.
>>
>>1843337
You can't use the single severe punishment for all crimes because criminal would become desperate for escalation of relatively harmless cimes.
>>
>>1843337
Yes but do you have a socialmatter link to go with it?
>>
>>1843380

Stop right there anon, you appear to be operating under the unconscious assumption that the imperator or his words of law is or should be implicated or involved in any or every aspect of life or society in general in all its breadth and depth and minutae.

Thats how modern bureaucratic anarchotyranny is born you know.
>>
>>1843337
>anti-fragile
People actually use this retarded term?
>>
>>1843380
This.

Why just steal a TV if you might as well kill the whole family since the punishment is the same?
>>
>>1843397

Its more specifically descriptive than 'robust' also fuck you.
>>
>>1843337
>modern prison system as most think of it today
Are you talking about pre or post War on Drugs (i.e. War on Google)?
>>
>>1843380
Indentured servitude is way more pleasant than prison.
>>
>>1843241
Indeed

Prisons are costy, and honest citizens are forced to pay for scums while talion is JUSTICE-KARMA and can be practiced without wasting money.
>>
>>1843241
No it doesn't practically work and is morally inconsistent.
>>1843337
t. edgy teenager

Modern American prisons aren't even concerned with rehabilitation, just for satisfying people's revenge lust and for making money.
>>1843508
Prisons are intentionally costly and ineffective. Also, if the definition of an honest citizen is one who supports the status quo and the way the society is and its culture, they deserve to pay for the consequences of it, namely it producing criminals.
>>
>>1843241
Is there an example that leads people to think there is a solution for crime?
>>
>>1846875
>empathy is a bad thing
Then again, you're a tripfag shitposter so I probably shouldn't respond to you.
>>
>>1845521

>Modern American prisons aren't even concerned with rehabilitation

They were at first, they stopped because its dumb and impossible.

Only a deeply disturbed and neurotic conscience (like the puritans) could possibly conceive of the idea of life imprisonment, as more reasonable, moral, or preferable in any way to options listed previously.
>>
>>1847782
>They were at first, they stopped because its dumb and impossible.
[Citation needed]

Systems that actually focus on rehabilitation, like the Scandinavian ones, consistently have a greatly less recidivism rate, and even if they didn't, at least they aren't criminal schools that harden any inmate who goes there.
>>
>>1847782
>They were at first, they stopped because its dumb and impossible.

I'm sorry you grew up in a country where they never taught you to look for evidence and practice critical thinking.
>>
>>1843241
>for the crime in the days of today

But crime has never been lower...
>>
>>1847826

>consistently have a greatly less recidivism rate

Thats because scandinavia was full of scandinavians.
>>
File: 1456427169654.jpg (34KB, 220x304px) Image search: [Google]
1456427169654.jpg
34KB, 220x304px
>>1843241

sure

Saudi Arabia practices "eye for an eye" and they have some of the lowest crime rates in the world

Neighboring Egypt practices traditional Western imprisonment for criminals, and they have some of the highest crime rates in the region
>>
>>1848834
Saudi crime appears to be massively underreported, western visitors report observing a great deal of low level crime
>>
>>1848850

nah that's mostly just skittish libcucks or womyn who "feel unsafe" and put their feels over reals

their actual violent crime rate is very low compared to the US, and incredibly low given the region they're in

t. petroleum engineer who worked in that sandpit for over a decade
>>
>>1848871
Fair enough then. Although apparently crime is massively on the rise
>>
>>1848871
Do you think that's in part due to their welfare state?
>>
>>1843396
>anarchotyranny

>>
>>1848754
>Scandinavians are just magically special and it has nothing to do with their culture or how they deal with societal problems
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.