[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's up with Americans saying that Jesus wasn't a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: 1473503782928.jpg (91KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1473503782928.jpg
91KB, 1280x720px
What's up with Americans saying that Jesus wasn't a Jew? Is that a general ''belief'' among American protestants, or is it something from a specific denomination(s)?
>>
>>1839037
It is hard for us to believe Jesus came from demon spawn the human race.
>>
>>1839037
I did saw some memegraphic about it on /pol/ once but I doubt that is a commonly held opinion among Americans, care to give a source?
>>
File: CHRIST.gif (436KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
CHRIST.gif
436KB, 500x281px
>>1839037
He wasn't a Talmudic Jew.
>>
>>1839037
If you ask most American/Australian Protestants, they'll probably say that Jesus was a Christian. When you point out how retarded that was, they'll just tell you to go fuck yourself.
>>
Jesus is the son of God. He's not just "a Jew". He wasn't a mere man, part of God's chosen people, worshipping God: he is God.

I don't think anyone argues against the fact that he was born and raised in a Jewish family, following Jewish traditions. But many Jews refused to see him as the Messiah, and they killed him. By doing so, they betrayed God. The ones that didn't recognise Jesus as our saviour and their descendants are not God's chosen people, and are now cursed to wait eternally for a saviour that already came.

However God in his infinite generosity extended this "Chosen People" status far beyond it's original ethnic scope, allowing everyone the possibility to be saved. Furthermore, by resurrecting, Jesus saved all Jews stuck in Sheol who had faithfully worshipped God in their lives.

Or at least, that's how it was explained to me during catechism a few years ago. I was raised Catholic, so I don't know what is the "official" position of the Eastern Churches, or what the various Protestant churches think about this. I know there are Protestant Zionists, though.
>>
>>1839037
Funny there are many reasons why. One reason is that many people in the "hush" do not believe judaism was a "religion." Jew means lawyer. And Jesus didnt have a lawyer because Judah kept the money bag. Therefore one can only agree that Jesus was not a lawyer and was the victim of legal conspiracy. A lot of these believes have nothing to do with denomination but are rather cultural and form part of ideological, philosophical and spiritual inheritance left to them by their ancestors.

Its almost like the paradox of Jews/hebrews being cannanites. When cannanite, the name, denotes a civilization that built wells and irrigation systems in the levant.
>>
>>1839037
Jesus was white. He descended from David who was desrcibed as fair and ruddy.
>>
>>1840173
What's your point? There are plenty of fair and ruddy Jews today
>>
I grew up in an evangelical church (about as fundamentalist as you can possibly find) in super conservative Indiana, and I have never heard anyone in my church claim Christ wasn't a Jew.

Not sure where you are getting these position from, I would like to see some polling data backing this position as being common up.
>>
Judaism by and large, isn't the same as it was in the 1st century. Orthodox and Hasidic Judaism relies too heavily on scholarly texts written by medieval Jews, and Reformed Judaism might as well be a new religion. These groups form the majority of Jewish populations that Americans interact with regularly.
>>
>>1840199
It's an attempt to make Jesus not a Jew to legitimize hating Jews while still believing in Jesus, like the Nazis did when they claimed that Jesus, and only Jesus, was actually totally an Aryan.
>>
>>1839037
He wasn't a Jew, he was a Hebrew.
>>
>>1840199
Those modernn jews are euromutts tho
>>
>>1840221
Yeah pretty much
>>1840233
>some ancient Jews were fair and ruddy
>"they were pure aryans"
>some modern Jews are fair and ruddy
>"they're just euromutts"

Really makes you think
>>
In the US I was taught he came from Ancient Egypt.
>>
>>1840259
t. kang
>>
>>1840221
Judaism simplified is basically the Torah, which is pretty much just Protestantism.

The Church of God for example follows all the seven sabbaths, most of the levitical laws, and does not reject the messiah, so it's pretty close to what Jews of the time of Christ would be practicing.

That being said, some Jews of that time, the pharasaical Jews, had oral laws in addition to the Torah, which are not practiced by modern Protestant/Orthodox denominations, because they are what now comprise the Talmud.
>>
>>1840259
Well, he was a Jewish refugee to Roman Egypt.
>>
>>1839037
I've been all over and I have never heard anyone say Jesus was not a Jew.
>>
>>1840292
some retard here claimed that he was persian and therefore aryan
>>
>>1840211
>Judaism by and large, isn't the same as it was in the 1st century.

This.

It's like those Chick tracts that assume the early Christians were Protestants until "Constantine invented Catholicism"
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.