[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is drinking a "sin" (i.e. wrong), or is drunkenness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 9

File: chalice.jpg (77KB, 733x991px) Image search: [Google]
chalice.jpg
77KB, 733x991px
It seems cultures vary widely on the role of alcohol in society. Some use it ritualistically, others thoroughly condemn it. Some believe it brings you closer to God, others that it is the milk of Satan. Some believe in hedonism and Bacchanalia, others believe in temperance and sobriety.

For example, Jews believe drunkenness (the state of being drunk) is a terrible sin, but wine is a part of almost every major Jewish holy day and celebration.
>>
Even the prophet Muhammad says booze can be good for you in moderation, but condemned it because he couldn't get his men to show up to mosque sober.
>>
>>1838637
Anything that puts you in a state where you lose control over your actions is a sin
>>
>>1838637
Jesus drank and made wine, and gave it to his disciples. It cannot be a sin to drink.

To be drunk is unwise, foolish, etc., but as there is wine in heaven, no. It's not a sin.
>>
>>1838674
/thread
>>
>>1838674
One would assume that you can't fuck people up in heaven so being drunk wouldn't be a danger
>>
File: jews.jpg (53KB, 544x362px) Image search: [Google]
jews.jpg
53KB, 544x362px
>>1838670
So one glass of wine/beer is permissible?

I don't get drunk until the second or third serving.
>>
>>1838691
Look into the reasons why you get drunk. They likely have something to do with being accepted by other people.
>>
>>1838670
>>1838674
This was the original Abrahamic position. Back then, clean water sources were sparse, so you had to ferment it with yeast and fruit and let it get alcoholic to kill the germs.

Muhammad, who drank Nabidh (fermented raisin/date juice) almost daily, banned his men from drinking due to lack of discipline.

Every classical culture that had alcohol spoke to its goodness and its folly.
>>
File: biggie-tupac.jpg (290KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
biggie-tupac.jpg
290KB, 1200x675px
Drinking isn't a sin, unless youre drinking Baja Blast. The cans are so flimsy.
>>
>>1838711
I know that feel. The cans are way too easy to crush in your hand.
>>
File: IMG_2385.jpg (42KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2385.jpg
42KB, 400x300px
>>
Try to mix baja blast edition with very scary salvic russians the cans are too fucking flimsy though
>>
>>1838718
>>/b/
>>
File: 1470547769156.jpg (39KB, 640x628px) Image search: [Google]
1470547769156.jpg
39KB, 640x628px
>>1838711
Ah yes those cans are sinful and flimsy, here is a history lesson for you baja boi.

Humans have used containers for at least 100,000 years, and possibly for millions of years. The first containers were probably invented for storing food, allowing early humans to preserve more of their food for a longer time, to carry it more easily, and to protect it from other animals. The development of food storage containers was "of immense importance to the evolving human populations", and "was a totally innovative behavior" not seen in other primates. The earliest containers were probably objects found in nature such as hollow gourds, of which primitive examples have been found in cultures such as those of the Tharu people, and native Hawaiian people. These were followed by woven baskets, carved wood, and pottery.

You thought you could defeat me on this board mortal? The Container Man has struck once again on your mortal realm.
>>
File: murriSecondBatch.jpg (152KB, 533x653px) Image search: [Google]
murriSecondBatch.jpg
152KB, 533x653px
This is Nabidh. Muslims claim Muhammad didn't drink alcoholic Nabidh, but it gets alcoholic after 2 days. He drank it everyday he wasn't fasting. Nabidh is also condemned as an intoxicant (Khamri), so Nabidh was definitely usually served alcoholic.
>>1838704
Just to chill.
>>
File: 8124165_orig.jpg (64KB, 514x523px) Image search: [Google]
8124165_orig.jpg
64KB, 514x523px
Which religion has the best position on liquor?
>>
>>1838812
Islam: don't do it.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.