[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Columbus enslaved and killed natives, and he's bad for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 179
Thread images: 14

File: Asian Columbus.jpg (24KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
Asian Columbus.jpg
24KB, 450x450px
>Columbus enslaved and killed natives, and he's bad for doing that
Fair enough

>The Mongol horde rampaged across the world, enslaved and killed way more, but that's OK: The Empire had religious tolerance
Wait, what?

Why is this the vibe I'm getting from the current popular reading of history?
>>
File: ottopunch.jpg (72KB, 763x757px) Image search: [Google]
ottopunch.jpg
72KB, 763x757px
>preaching to the choir
>>
>>1837578
Intentionality matters more than the end result to SJWs. It's okay if you kill tens of millions of people as long as it wasn't explicitly racist or discriminatory.
>>
Natives were hardly classed as human, which is why nobody cares.
>>
Who is saying GK was "OK?"
>>
>>1837610
This. Literally haven't heard anyone irl claim this
>>
>>1837578
Suits certain modern agendas that's why.
>>
The difference being that Columbus', and not only Columbus but nearly every explorer and conquistador, actions caused repercussions that are still being felt today, whereas the Mongol Empire was a literal holocaust but far enough in the past that we don't care anymore, it doesn't really have much of an effect on us anymore.

Same reason why the Rwadan Genocide was talked about but nobody cares about the Armenian Genocide, too far back to care
>>
>>1837629
>Armenian Genocide
We're talking about history, not alternate history
>>
>>1837578
Nobody is saying that

They're saying there was good and bad, mostly bad in the short term

But of course you're a faggot with a persecution complex who wants all of Columbus's actions whitewashed
>>
Why is GK bad but Alexander is good?
>>
>Reagan financed bin Laden and Hussein, that's bad
fair enough

>Robespierre unleashed a murderous Terror but that's okay: good intentions
Wait, what?

Why is this the vibe I'm getting from the current popular reading of history?
>>
>>1837640
>But of course you're a faggot with a persecution complex who wants all of Columbus's actions whitewashed
I'm not defending Columbus.

>>1837645
White privilege
>>
>>1837633
t. Mehmet
>>
>>1837578
Other than John green literally who likes the mongols
>>
>>1837680
Lmao
>>
>>1837629
Those furries had it coming, ese
>>
>>1837578
>Why is this the vibe I'm getting from the current popular reading of history?
Because you're making shit up.

>>1837629
>nobody cares about the Armenian Genocide
You're making shit up as well. A mere few months ago the pope condemned the Armenian genocide, and the t*rks denied it and Erdogan started complaining about muh antagonism and muh islamophobia.
>>
>>1837578
>The Mongol horde rampaged across the world, enslaved and killed way more, but that's OK
no one has ever said or thought this you lunatic
>>1837601
>muh SJWs
white people own like 50% of the world's wealth, mongolians are still living like fucking nomads

also most SJW shit isn't directed at NEETs on a ukranian fishing forum, it's directed at nice guys who believe anything bad done by a nonwhite makes them evil, even if whites have done the exact same shit in the past, and dumb college kids who dress up in blackface
>>
>>1837834
You're thinking of the jews m8
>>
>>1837578
Mongols weren't that bad desu. so long as you bent knee they treated you good. No historians to paint them in a positive light aside the Yuan Dynasty.
>>
>>1837839
>westerners will defend this then go "mohammed was evil xddddd"
>>
>>1837578
Mongolian>shit>Perfidious Genoese
>>
>>1837578
mongs had style that's why
>>
File: 1475300134870.jpg (878KB, 986x1369px) Image search: [Google]
1475300134870.jpg
878KB, 986x1369px
>>1837578

Actually, despite their massive violence, the Mongols were tolerant of most religions because their religion (Tengri Paganism) basically said other religions weren't a big deal.

Christians and Muslim religions specifically says other religions are wrong so they get their panties in a wad when other people don't believe the same thing as them.

Tengris on the other hand just don't give a fuck.

They killed millions of people but not because of their religion. Mostly because they wouldn't submit to the Khan's power. Didn't care if you were Confucius, Buddhist, , Muslim, or Christian though.

If you didn't submit you got the head whacked off.
>>
>>1837578
The difference being that Columbus was A FUCKING WHITE MALE, the most envied and maligned demographic in history!
>>
>>1837834
>no one has ever said or thought this you lunatic

John Green says it all the time and he is extremely popular and mainstream.
>>
>>1837893
>John Green
that's what i said, no one
>>
>>1837871
This.

Mongols were to the point and didn't disguise their conquering as spreading God's word so they could feel self-righteous about it.
>>
>>1837610
John Green
>>
>>1837578
They only killed who refuse to obey them and that was ok in their time. They fight real and strong armies, Columbus killed retards with stick and stones.

Imagine you discover a park and saw some dawn syndrome autistic kids playing with sticks and such you go and kill, rape and enslave them.
>>
>>1837578
If an atrocity is old enough, it becomes awesome instead of terrible. The cutoff is about 1300
>>
>>1837610
/pol/'s strawman.
>>
>>1837589
This, frankly
>>
>>1837914
I love when vapid liberals feel self righteous about believing in an ideology that only wants to murder Baathist, Christians, "muh right wing extremist" and Russians.
>>
>>1838219
>Mongols
>Baathists
>>
>>1838133
>Lets pretend people who feel this way don't exist in order to divert the fact that he's right and were full of shit.

"Oh no, your strawmanning us even though that's a totally accurate representation of many peoples viewpoints."
>>
>>1838233
>many people's
No one itt has been able to provide an example outside of John green
>>
>>1838239
> Because you can only come up with one example in the 5 minutes you have to answer us, you must be wrong.

We can presume Kike Green's many zombie followers are gonna walk away from his videos believing it, no?
>>
>>1838247
Provide another example. This is a slow board. You have hours if not days to do so.
>>
>>1837834
>50% of the world's wealth

It's a good thing that wealth isn't just a steady supply and something that grows through trade. When you give me money for bread, we are both wealthier than we were before, that's why we engaged in the trade. Wealth isn't zero sum.
>>
>>1838247
thread's been around for over two hours friend, you should be able to prove this idea has even a smidgen of importance in that time
and im not exactly confident most of green's viewers remember what they "learned" five minutes on, let alone long enough to form a coherent narrative
>>
>>1838256
> anyone who challenges our beliefs with an obvious accurate observation about a mainstream double standard is gonna have to give examples because we don't want to own up to it"
>>
>>1837640
Holy shit, you are one massive tumblr faggot.
>>
Leif Ericson is completely ignored for being the first european to discover and settle North America.

The end of the Medieval Warm Period put an end to Greenland and Vinland/Markland/Helluland colonization. As It got too cold for ranching, less demand for commodities from Greenaland and north america, and cultural identity crisis, sent them all back to Iceland and Scandinavia.
>>
>>1837578
White genocide is real fight back
>>
>>1838270
Look, mate, I'm probably to the right of you in terms of political ideology but you're sounding like a fucking retard right now.

You made a claim. I think that claim is bullshit. Back it up or get out of /his/.
>>
>>1838258
>When you give me money for bread, we are both wealthier than we were before
i'm not wealthier than before i've just got more bread

bread is not wealth especially if i have to eat my wealth to survive
>>
>>1838283
more like white geYEScide lmoa
>>
>>1838286
Wealth isn't only money you retard, it's commodities, it's literally anything that can be traded.
>>
>>1838285
Your righter than racist neo-nazi white supremacist confederate segregationist?
>>
>>1837601
>He thinks the reason the mongols genocide was racism
Wew lad
>>
>>1838310
you can trade the money you get from me

i can't trade the bread i get from you because i'm not a fucking savage living in a barter economy
>>
>>1838318
Yes. I'm a monarchist.
>>
>>1837914
But they did conquer so they could feel self-righteous about it. It just so happens that their religion didn't care about converting nonbelievers, just extolling their God and His favor on the Mongols.
>>
>>1837937

Who ended that video with 5 reasons the Mongol Horde sucked, including massacre and spreading the black plague.

He did spend nearly every paragraph before that explaing why they were 'awesome'. But most pop culture tends to be this schizophrenic about the Romans as well, so take what you will from his verdict.
>>
>>1838328
Money is the means of exchange now. It is used to trade.
>>
>>1838286

> Ricardo's comparative advantage was a meme

You are wealthier than before if savage anon's bread production let's you retrain your farmers to produce washers and driers for an increase in profit.
>>
>>1837578
The difference is Columbus didn't create an empire that had anything going for it based on modern morals. He was just a guy who nearly got himself and his crew killed only to land on a couple of islands full of technologically inferior natives who he then proceeded to enslave and abuse for his own private gain until more direct royal administrators came in and at least attempted something of an equitable if inevitably disastrous relationship with natives and colonists.

Genghis, for all his slaughter and spread of plagues, is credited with a state that at least attempted to be a state where economic and religious freedoms were protected and provided governance and law and order. It also helps that this reputation mostly circulates among people and regions that never actually suffered under the Mongols, so it's just an old story of some people far away that people can form opinions about without having to bring much emotion or personal politics into the debate.

Now, if Iran or China was still ruled by a Mongolian state which ethnically cleansed and replaced its population with Mongols, then celebrated Genghis Khan who, instead of being this empire builder was just a Mongolian entrepreneur, then sure, maybe you could compare the two.
>>
>>1838396
but bread isn't used to trade so having bread doesn't make me wealthy

this is pretty much the source of every problem in the "third world", basic commodities can't be sold at a reasonable price because the west subsidises its own farmers
>>1838402
i can't do that if i don't have any money to pay them genius, no one is going to want to be paid in a currency backed only by bread ie. the only thing i fucking have
>>
>>1838443
Does bread serve a need that you possess?
>>
>>1838285
John Green, the jewiest chosen one on kiketube for one.
>>
>>1838454
i assume i can eat it
>>
>>1838457
we need more than one insignificant vlogger
>>
>>1838464
Then it is wealth, it has value. Wealth is objects that serves needs (desires). Money is wealth because it can be easily traded for other things that actually serve your desires.
>>
>>1838476
wealth is valuable objects

value is an objective concept, ie it exists for people other than me

nobody except me wants my bread as i cannot trade it away
>>
>>1838483
But you want your bread because you want to eat, therefore it is wealth because wealth is whatever serves a need/purpose.
>>
>>1838490
>Wealth is the abundance of valuable resources or valuable material possessions.
if you're going to be a pedant at least be right

if no one but me wants it it isn't valuable
>>
>>1838495
Are you saying that nobody is going to steal bread?

Also dictionary definition is not necessarily the economic definition.
>>
>>1838471
The Earth and Its Peoples, 5th ed., e-edition.

Volumes 1 and 2.

Happy now goy?
>>
>>1838504
link?
unfortunately, I don't have access to every textbook ever written
>>
>>1838471
No you don't.
You're just sticking your fingers in your ears and chanting "lalalalala I can't hear you".
>>
>>1838516
>spoonfeed me!
Fuck off.
>>
>>1838518
yes i do, john green isnt an important person
>>
>>1838516
https://www.amazon.com/Earth-Peoples-Available-Titles-CourseMate/dp/0538744383

You can rent them for the low price of $63.89 each
>>
>>1838521
Then, to be rigorous, I assume your claim is false, friend
>>
>>1838499
people will steal anything, not an argument

i was using the dictionary definition when you replied to me so suck it
>>
>>1838529
>rigor
>4chan
>/his/
LOL
>>
>>1838534
>people will steal anything
Because anything counts as wealth pretty much.
>>
>>1838538
so you admit to having a bad point?
good to know, friend
>>
>>1838524
and yet you know his name despite never having met him while you on the other hand are anonymous.
>>
>>1838550
This board and /lit/ complain about him frequently. What he's most famous for, his authorship, has no bearings on historiography
>>
>>1838545
yeah true wealth is being surrounded by your friends and family
>>
>>1838560
A public figure who reaches thousands of people?

Nah, not important

Some random anons denial of anti-western bias in mainstream history accounts?

100% full proof objectivity
>>
>>1838549
I don't have any point other than pointing out that you're full of shit. I'm not the anon you were responding to.
>>
>>1838583
Green will be forgotten as an unimportant YA author
>Some random anons denial of anti-western bias in mainstream history accounts?
this isn't an accurate representation of my argument. We're talking about the Mongol Empire, not about historical narratives in general
>>
>>1838589
ok friend
>>
>>1837858

What I'm seeing here is conclusive evidence of white superiority.
>>
>>1838594
>Green will be forgot
Irrelevant as meme vectors don't need to be remembered for the meme to survive.
>>
>>1838600
Glad I could help, buddy.
;^)
>>
>>1838608
You still need to prove his crash course videos have an impact on actual studies of history. The people who watch his videos arent the people who will become historians
>>
File: 1473386708972.jpg (31KB, 319x310px) Image search: [Google]
1473386708972.jpg
31KB, 319x310px
>>1838614
this is a nice board :)
>>
>>1838602
>barely 200 years of white relevance throughout history
>"conclusive evidence of white supremacy"
you'll decline into obscurity within the next century, don't worry
>>
>>1838594
Its part of the grand narrative
>>
>>1837645
>being this much under a rock

Pick up any book about Alexander released in the past decade or so and nearly every one of them shits on him for all his dickery
>>
>>1837609
Columbus day being formally changed across the country
>no one cares bout dem injuns
>>
File: never ever.jpg (7KB, 180x180px) Image search: [Google]
never ever.jpg
7KB, 180x180px
>>1838629
As opposed to African relevance?

Whites are the only ones to conquer the world, your butthurt changes nothing
>>
>>1837871
Yes, such relief they killed me not for my religion but because they could
>>
>>1838653
that's an entirely different discussion
>>
>>1838663
>ameritime
>the only races that exist are black and white
asia's where all the important shit has happened, every significant european achievement has been greek or roman (not white)
>Whites are the only ones to conquer the world
no great conquerors have been white, initial exploration was done by spaniards with moorish blood

overthrowing decadent ruling classes that the majority of the native populations wanted gone does not count as "conquest"
>>
>>1838698
>initial exploration was done by spaniards with moorish blood
WE.

Also Cecil Rhodes, ever heard of him?
>>
>>1838698
Niggers trying to steal whiteys accomplishments.

Spanish, Italians Greeks and Romans (of which I am one) have been described as White far longer then you niggers could even count.
>>
>>1838978
>Also Cecil Rhodes, ever heard of him?
no one cares how many niggers you screwed over
>>1838985
i can count past 60 dumbass, educate yourself on how wops and dagos were perceived

>of which I am one
WE WUZ PATRICIANS N SHEET
>>
File: apollon-tm.jpg (14KB, 145x289px) Image search: [Google]
apollon-tm.jpg
14KB, 145x289px
>>1839006
You dumb fucking Nigger.

Read a Bible, a note how the Jews describe the sons of Japheth (Greeks, Romans, Thracians) as being White.

Pic is ancient Greek god Apollo, hardly some Nigger.
>>
File: augustus-of-prima-porta-tm.jpg (39KB, 400x333px) Image search: [Google]
augustus-of-prima-porta-tm.jpg
39KB, 400x333px
>>1839006
Colored statue of Augustus, again no Nigger.
>>
>>1839023
>>1839025

You know these were painted recently and not accurate depictions of how they originally stood right?
>>
>>1839023
>trusting anything the jews say
>>1839025
>there are only two races, cumskin and nigger
how fucking dumb are you people
>>
File: vase.png (580KB, 630x451px) Image search: [Google]
vase.png
580KB, 630x451px
>>1839030
What do you mean "Stood?"

If you mean painted, they were re-painted using ultra violate light. This is "European science" something your Nigger brain couldn't fathom. But your nigger brain couldn't understand making statues like this anyway. Something no Nigger has ever done.
>>
>>1838325
Are you retarded? Learn reading comprehension.
>>
>>1839033
> All because a Jew says it, its invalid.

You people are retarded and close minded. Jews are good at a lot of things actually.
>>
File: greedy-jew.jpg (92KB, 879x608px) Image search: [Google]
greedy-jew.jpg
92KB, 879x608px
>>1839046
those are known to be only the base coats retard
>>1839050
i wonder who could be behind this post
>>
>>1837871
Religiously intolerant kill a few million across a few dozen wars over many centuries in the name of one god or another

>Worst thing ever because intolerance

Largely secular and tolerant nation kills 60ish million in a few decades under one man alone

>He's not that bad, at least he was religiously tolerant and tried to build a functioning empire that today comprises literally the largest unbroken stretch of shit stains and nonfunctioning countries ever.
>>
>>1839050
lowkey white ppl are just ultra-salty that Jews have a higher average IQ than them and somehow keep managing to thrive despite 2000 years of getting fucked with
>>
>>1839058
Base coats? So what's your point ?

They were Niggers?
>>
>>1837578
In all fairness Spain in general was essentially the worst colonial power. They left nothing behind, did nothing to improve the places they conquered and were the living embodiment of colonial exploitation. At least the French to some extent, and the British far more so left behind something worth talking about.
>>
>>1839058
>Because only a Jew could ever admit that Jews are actually accomplished in a lot of things.
>>
>>1839063
THERE ARE RACES OTHER THAN WHITE PEOPLE AND NIGGERS

whites did not want to be associated with mediterraneans such as italians and spaniards and classified them as different races, what is there to understand
>>1839068
i don't really care
>>
>>1837578
For a long time the Mongols were portrayed as generic bad guy where as Columbus was seen as valiant explorer. Then we find out that there was more to the Mongols than we were lead to believe and that Columbus committed atrocities in his time. That however doesn't change that the Mongols didn't ravage Asia and the Middle East nor that Columbus wasn't brave.
>>
>>1837629
>Afghanistan still hasn't recovered from the Mongols
>>
>>1837578
Who here has actually said "the Mongols were good" besides Mongolian politicians?
>>
>>1839077

Thanks random anon for your enlightening view that "OTHER RACES OTHER THAN WHITE PEOPLE AND NIGGERS" exist.

I never knew that, and wouldn't have been able to even begin observing such a stunning revelation without your masterful insights.
>>
>>1837937
No he didn't you fuck.

He goes at length explaining their brutality and how wide-reaching their violence was.
>>
>>1839091
shut up i'm not the one who kept going nigger nigger nigger
>>
>>1837629
Umm people complain about the Crusades after 1000 years, despite being a relatively small conflict in the history of human warfare, and completely bypass the war in the Sudan which has killed far more people far more recently.

Half the time it's all about pet peeves, personal dislikes, or simply the effect it had on the actual flow of history. Also if you think anyone is really talking about the Rwandan genocide in any real way you're fucked. 800 thousand dead in a 100 days is insane and yet it hardly rates a mention in the media next to shit like "hurr gitmo durr".
>>
>>1839109
>Also if you think anyone is really talking about the Rwandan genocide in any real way you're fucked. 800 thousand dead in a 100 days is insane and yet it hardly rates a mention in the media next to shit like "hurr gitmo durr".
manlets taking their revenge on their lanklet oppressors is not something the msm wants to report on

they wouldn't want manlets in other countries to start getting ideas
>>
>>1839006
>moving the goalposts this bad

Damn Chang must be suffering one of those identity crises again
>>
>>1839077
Italians and Spaniards are literally white though. Even Arabs and Iranians fall under caucasian.
>>
>>1839118
manlets? lanklets? Talk sense man.
>>
>>1839121
>>1839129
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mediterranean_race#20th_century
educate yourselves
>>1839130
short guys (hutus) massacred tall guys (tutsis)
>>
1) Never heard anyone talk about the mongols being cool except Nohn Green in half a video (other half saying how they suck). Prove that I'm living under a rock and the main line of thought of normies on mongols is that they are awesome

2) Whites are not a race

3) "White" as an ethnic term only referred to brits, nowadays it is widely agreed that basically all of Europe except maybe southern Spain, southern Italy and southern balkans is white
>>
>>1839198
white means the subject of white supremacy aka the nordic race
>>
>>1839208
Nordic isn't a race, and only /pol/ & co think nordics are the only whites
>>
>>1839212
>he doesn't know anything about race
i bet you think americans are white too
>>
>>1839219
>meme arrows are an argument
Saying americans are white or black or else is moronic, there is no single american ethnicity and thus no specific skin colour attached to that nationality
>>
>>1839223
>meme arrows are an argument
i'm not making an argument i'm stating a fact
>there is no single american ethnicity and thus no specific skin colour attached to that nationality
i bet you think "white" americans are white too
>>
>>1839161
I'm sure the entire reason the MSM doesn't report on the Rwandan genocide is because they don't want the "oppressed" in other countries to start fighting back, despite how much they love reporting on it, and stoking the fires both in America with the BLM crap, during the "Arab Spring" and during other such events. Your math doesn't add up here.

It's far more likely them not caring is because their boy Slick Willy was president at the time and to report his failure to care or stop it would make him look bad. Or the fact that their beloved UN was on site/charged with stopping it and was completely and totally ineffectual so they can't draw attention to that either. Or how the "enlightened modern French" was busy shipping them weapons to kill each other with and that would make them look just as, if not more so, dirty as States which is totally not allowed

The MSM has/had plenty of motivation to not report the Rwandan genocide as much as they talk about Abu Ghraib, and none of that has to do with wanting to help keep people "oppressed".
>>
>>1839238
Americans of european descent (especially german, irish, and sll that) are obviously white you retarded bellend
>>
>>1839267
americans are racially mixed mongrels

also the irish and slavs aren't white
>>
>>1839285
Again, being white is not related to nationality nor race, and moreover absolutely not by HDI, wealth, culture, behaviour or quality of life
One is able to tell if someone is white by a picture alone, with no information about nationality
It so happens that if i gave you random picks of irish people (maybe cutting out gingers as to avoid bias) and told you it was brits, or germans, or danish, you'd fall for it
Same for white americans
>>
File: 1465566377615.png (290KB, 754x554px) Image search: [Google]
1465566377615.png
290KB, 754x554px
>>1839311
>being white is not related to race
>>
>>1839161
I don't see anything about who is or isn't "white."

I see this
"The Mediterranean race was traditionally regarded as one of the primary Caucasoid races next to the Nordic, Alpine and Armenoid"

So it purports that their a member of the Caucasoid race.
>>
>>1839354
in the context of white supremacy only nordics are considered white
>>
>>1839325
Proper white people are all part of a single race which also includes some non proper white people
Just because A is fully part of B doesn't mean B is fully part of A
Convenient that you disregard the rest and only reply, again, with meme arrows and a meme picture
>>
>>1839374
>Proper white people are all part of a single race
that doesn't mean that single race is white

more obviously if you're not a proper white then you can be justifiably called not white
>Convenient that you disregard the rest and only reply, again, with meme arrows and a meme picture
because the rest of what you posted was incoherent, something about appearance determining race

just because you look white doesn't mean you're white
>>
>>1839369
Nordic is such a stupid loose concept
Is it scandinavians? Does it include finland? Baltics? Germany? Scotland? Britain? Ireland? If Germany yes, then why not Austria (which is obviously not nordic at all, yet i challenge a white supremacist to say austrians are not white)
And on top of that, if to white supremacists white=nordic (which i just disproved), there would be no need to have both terms and both terms could be used interchangebly
>>
>>1839398
don't ask me, i'm not a white supremacist
>>
>>1839394
Being white is literally only related to appearance. If you have caucasoid features and are not a sandnigger you are white. Literally
>>
>>1839409
>Being white is literally only related to appearance
that flies in the face of all racial theory

Convenient that you disregard the rest of what i posted
>>
>>1839416
I disregarded the first part because if you read the post i made and then your reply and apply basic reading comprehension you'd see we are agreeing on that part
Once again, white is a mainstream term to define people who look white
Racial theories talk, who would guess, about races, and white is not a race, it's a feature present in some groups of a race
>>
>>1839416
The average chump has no idea about racial theory and Anon is right.
>>
>>1837578
Get back to me when anybody except the Mongolians celebrate "Genghis Khan Day."
>>
>>1839437
>>1839439
well my definition of white is different

you may as well say people of any race, defined using racial theory, can be white if they appear to be white

you could say a black man is white if he looks white
>>
>>1839456
>well my definition of white is different
Nobody cares
>you may as well say people of any race, defined using racial theory, can be white if they appear to be white
This is what normies do all the time when they meet white-looking Iranians & Arabs until these people tell them who they are.
>>
>>1839480
>Nobody cares
so stop responding to me
>normies
doubly stop responding to me i want to sleep
>>
>>1839496
That anon wasn't me (guy you've been responding to the past ~10 replies) but simply, no serious racial theory talks about "whites", thus the term is left to be a social construct whose definition relies on popular use or, if you will, what normies think white means
>>
>>1837578
Columbus belonged to a civilized Christian society, and his crimes were so bad he shocked even the Spanish themselves.

The Mongol Khans were all dirty savages and nobody expected anything less of their brutality. If anything people were surprised at how they manage to conduct their empires reasonably well.
>>
>>1839369
Arabs white? no

Does the article say 4 groups of Caucasoids exist? Yes.

Mediterranean = Southern Europe
Alpine = Central, Eastern and Western Europe
Nordic = Northern Europe
Armenoid = The Caucasus mountains, Western Armenia and Anatolia and parts of Iran.

Do I personally consider all 4 of these groups White? Yes

Do I agree with anon that White is based solely on physical appearance? No
>>
>>1839509
"normies" don't think about race seriously so who cares
>>1839540
well good for you, but racial theory reached its apogee in the context of white supremacy which categorised only nordics as white

seriously, modern racial theory doesn't exist
>>
>>1839540
To be completely honest, I myself would only say (some) caucasoids are eligible to the definition of white, but when this came up while talking with my normie friends the reaction was "dude if it looks white it be white, if it doesn't its not. Like bro it's literally a colour like nigga just open your eyes lol" basically
>>
>>1839565
I know the unesco statement on races of the 50s recognises 3 races
White supremacism is a ridicolous and pseudo scientific branch of actual racial studies that are still very active to this day
>>
>>1839582
you only think it's ridiculous because it's what you've been indoctrinated to believe

white supremacism was the foundation for segregation, apartheid and the unequal treatment of italians and irish, not to mention the various fascist ideologies- it's by far the most relevant theory in terms of influence
>>
>>1839599
I didnt say it's irrelevant, it's been a very dangerous pseudo science. Pseudo, hence why ridicolous
>>
>>1839643
it may be dangerous but it's hardly ridiculous if it's changed the world to such an extent
>>
>>1839565
>well good for you, but racial theory reached its apogee in the context of white supremacy which categorised only nordics as white

Utter horse-shit. The apogee of racial theory in the context of White supremacy was under the Nazis and guess what?
They considered Mediterraneans to be white.

So fuck off with your leftist revisionism.
>>
>>1839656
i assume that the nazis considered them to be honorary aryans like the japs were

honorary aryans is a step down from aryans, no matter what you think and besides for the greater period of history after the nazis and slightly before them they were seen and ranked as inferior to nordics
>>
>>1839599
Unequal treatment of Italians and Irish is a meme that was rooted in religious differences not racial ones.

Here's a question for you.
If Irish and Italians were nor considered white why where they allowed to serve in white regiments?
>>
File: Stoddard-RaceMap-1920.jpg (91KB, 800x448px) Image search: [Google]
Stoddard-RaceMap-1920.jpg
91KB, 800x448px
>>1839666
We get to a point were "Caucasoid" may be more valuable than White in terms of substantive meaning.

After all, why not just be a Nordic supremacist and save yourself the trouble of figuring out who's "White" or not?

I'd say some of the best maps/research on the subject considers the whole Caucasoid branch White.
>>
>>1839676
>Unequal treatment of Italians and Irish is a meme that was rooted in religious differences not racial ones.
that's a lie
>why were they allowed to serve in white regiments
they weren't black
>>1839686
>We get to a point were "Caucasoid" may be more valuable than White in terms of substantive meaning.
i don't think it's up for debate that members of the mediterranean race were treated worse than nordics

just look at the various insults used for them, wop, dago, etc.
>>
>>1839696
Well if they weren't white nor black then they would have been sorted into their own regiments.

The fact that they were allowed to serve alongside whites means they were considered white
>>
>>1839666
> i assume that the nazis considered them to be honorary aryans like the japs were

You assume wrong.
Mediterraneans were considered a sub-branch of the greater umbrella group called the Aryan race. There was nothing "honorary" about their status in the hierarchy or Nazi racial theory. Nordics may have been considered the pinnacle of the Aryan race in Nazi theory but that does mean the other subgroups of the Aryan race were viewed as unrelated outsiders of inferior blood.
>>
>>1839696
>people had insulting names for each other therefore they were viewed as an inferior race
Stop being silly.
>>
File: Meyers_b11_s0476a.jpg (1MB, 1500x1187px) Image search: [Google]
Meyers_b11_s0476a.jpg
1MB, 1500x1187px
>>1839696
Sure they were.

But that wasn't necessary correct as much as it was popular among the American masses around a particular time.

If we are going on a racial model of

White
Yellow
Brown
Orange
Black

I'd say White would include the whole Caucasoid grouping.

Another good map is the German map of language families around the world. Notice how southern Europe is included in the light blue "European Languages."
>>
>>1839710
>The fact that they were allowed to serve alongside whites means they were considered white
or it means they were allowed to serve alongside whites

the only reason this argument works is you're excluding all the other evidence that they were seen as nonwhite
>>1839713
well besides for the greater period of history after the nazis and slightly before them they were seen and ranked as inferior to nordics
>>1839736
they were also refused jobs and housing outside of certain neighbourhoods, crude racial propaganda was made about them
>>1839746
you can keep arguing this, but the fact remains that the most influential racial model, white supremacy, saw mediterraneans as less than nordics
>>
>>1839599
>white supremacism was the foundation for segregation, apartheid and the unequal treatment of italians and irish, not to mention the various fascist ideologies- it's by far the most relevant theory in terms of influence

I've been steering clear of this but you're retarded and your view of human nature and of history is so narrowminded it would be hilarious if it wasn't so sad. Segregation, apartheid, and ethnic disputes in general are both hugely widespread among all people's, races and societies under a hundred different names. You really think the only facist nations are white ones, operating under white supremacy? Or even that fascism specifically is the most vile system ever seen?

White supremacy as such is hardly a thing to begin with. If it was then the Nazis would not have been allied with a dozen Balkan and Mediterranean countries, as well as Japan, against England, France, Norway, Denmark, which are all pretty much the whitest countries ever. What you mean by "white supremacy" is a relatively small period of eugenics theory that had some influence on people, but was far less relevant than other social, economic and personal motivations that people had/have over a much longer period of time. Blacks were seen as less because they were slaves, but they weren't slaves because they were black. There were black slave owners in the US, and the origin of the word slave is Slav, IE white Europeans because they were so frequently enslaved and attacked by other societies.
>>
>>1839759
>you can keep arguing this, but the fact remains that the most influential racial model, white supremacy, saw Mediterranean's as less than Nordics

eh, we can agree to disagree.
>>
>>1839768
>I've been steering clear of this but you're retarded and your view of human nature and of history is so narrowminded it would be hilarious if it wasn't so sad.
i am focusing entirely on nordics and mediterraneans being different races genius, it's called making a point

obviously i could vomit out massive walls of text that have little to do with the point i'm trying to make but that would be retarded
>>1839776
why did you edit what i said, "Mediterranean's" isn't even correct
>>
>>1839795
I didn't, spell check did.

Why would you care about something so pointless anyway?
>>
>>1839801
i just saw you posted something while i was already typing a response to something else and added it in

you might as well say that the post i'm typing right now is pointless but i've already finished it so i might as well post it now
>>
>>1839523
A lot of that was propaganda by his enemies
Thread posts: 179
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.