[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Corporatocracy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

I think that sooner or later, corporations, enterprises and the like(large businesses) will end up ruling everything. The reasons for this are laid out before our eyes - they are incredibly rich, hold incredible power within almost every state of the globe, they never have to be moral and they employ much more people than the states or small businesses.

One scenario is that governments will try to regulate them more/try to shut some down, which will lead to them uniting and defeating said governments, becoming governments in their own right. This kind of war would be like the industrial revolution, and just like the industrial revolution, economics will win over any other force. A thing that could spark this would be the extensive use of robotics in businesses as a replacement to some human labor (drivers/cashiers/waiters), which would lead to millions of jobs dissolving and governments trying to step in.

Another possible scenario is that governments will try to go along with the ever growing power of corporations and slowly but surely merge together, although I think this is unlikely.

I'm interested in hearing what you think about this and arguments against it, because so far everyone I've talked to about it people seemed to agree. I'm not saying it's necessarily a good thing(and we're not talking about that), I'm saying it's inevitable.
>>
>>1836434
The families who own the corporations have the real power because they dictate what the company does within it's best interest. Which would make it more of an aristocracy than a "corporatocracy"
>>
>>1836434
>I think that sooner or later, corporations, enterprises and the like(large businesses) will end up ruling everything.

They already do though. The TPP will make corporate-run private courts being able to circumvent and strike down national laws official, though.
>>
>>1836434
How is this this history or humanities?
>>
>work your whole life for Google living in a Google financed development eating Google food grown on land owned by Google getting married to a woman owned by Google's department of male employee retention
might b gud
>>
>>1837290
It could be sociology or philosophy. Very speculativve tho.
>>
>>1837281

Most corporations are not owned by one family.
>>
>>1836434
What do you mean "sooner or later"? They already do
>>
>>1836434

You're free to try to build a corporation that outcompetes all the other ones if you hate them that much op. Otherwise fuck off desu.
>>
>>1837398
you are free to engage in a framework that is in part provided by these corporations themselves, that alone is not a fair deal
>>
>>1837423

It's literally the fairest system possible. You elected them with your dollar votes. If we actually didn't like these corporations then they wouldn't exist.
>>
>>1837398
>why don't the poor just go become millionaires if being poor is so bad nuffin stoping them :^)
i hate you motherfuckers the most
>>
>>1837423
What is unfair about that?
>>
>>1837443

Nothing is stopping them. Unless you count being a brainlet.
>>
>>1837443

Just because not everyone can win doesn't mean the game is unfair.
>>
>>1837503
>>1837557
except the part where telling people to form their own corps to compete with corps that run the entire fucking show is like telling somebody not to buy from standard oil in the 19th century
>>
We're already there.

Corporations control the portions of governments that are the most dear to them.

You have defense contractors controlling the military, banks and investment firms controlling the economy, etc.

Governments are completely beholden and controlled by the corporations that benefit from them.
>>
For those who're saying we're here already, I'm saying it'l be OFFICIAL sooner or later, and the corporations will become governments

If it's good or bad, who knows. I imagine in this kind of world people would be viewed as tools and if you're a sharp tool you can get to rise to the top. So if a rich guy is stupid he looses his money and if a poor guy is smart he climbs the ladder, I think it'l be an utopia when it comes to meritocracy.

However there are other aspects, namely corporations wouldn't be held down by anyone to respect any moral compass and will then be free to do as they wish, thus ideas like slavery might come to mind.

What's to stop them from buying prisons and turning them into blood/organ banks, slave camps or force inmates to be subjected to experiments.

What if you're a dumbfuck and have nowhere to work? Do you thus become a slave/donor/lab rat? I don't think idiots would have it well in this society.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.