[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Gerd Eva Cecilia Brunne (born 7 March 1954) is a bishop in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 8

File: d84727bee1f12ff4063b862b2a1bad76.jpg (218KB, 900x1238px) Image search: [Google]
d84727bee1f12ff4063b862b2a1bad76.jpg
218KB, 900x1238px
>Gerd Eva Cecilia Brunne (born 7 March 1954) is a bishop in the Church of Sweden. She became the Bishop of Stockholm in 2009. She is the first openly lesbian bishop of a mainstream church in the world and the first bishop of the Church of Sweden to be in a registered same-sex partnership.

>In September 2015 Brunne proposed the removal of symbols of Christianity, including crosses, from the Seamen's Church in Stockholm Harbor, to open the church to worshipping sailors of all beliefs, and to mark the direction of Mecca as a service to Muslim visitors.[12][13][14] [15]

These are the people the POPE is going to celebrate Reformation Day with--yes, he's celebrating it with the *Church of Sweden*

Does anyone see a problem with this?
>>
>>1835766

You catch more flies with honey than sulfuric acid
>>
>Love one another as I have loved you

I don't know what's wrong here
>>
No
Christiaity has to get with the times to stay relevant.
Islam failed to do so and look at them now.
>>
>>1835784

I prefer the Buddhist saying:

"You have all the peace and love of the world in your heart but you cannot sleep next to a rabid dog" in reference to Muslims.

Not all cultures are compatible. Not cultural exchanges end well. No one should be encouraging them to live here.
>>
>>1835766
>pig disgusting liberationist heretic get together with the chief imam of Gayholmistan
Why can't this decreipt old fuck get out of my country and stop trying to rad and progressive.
>>
>>1835821
Bullshit

Catholic church is dying because its modernism
t. ex catholic who converted to Orthodoxy and see new converts every months
>>
>>1835848
>Catholic church is dying
source: my arse
>>
>>1835854
https://cruxnow.com/church/2015/05/12/pew-survey-percentage-of-us-catholics-drops-and-catholicism-is-losing-members-faster-than-any-denomination/
>>
>>1835858
>US
Who cares, globally it's growing
>>
>>1835865
Maybe, but we runnin' up and snatchin' your parishioners

https://romancatholicsmetorthodoxy.wordpress.com/2016/09/18/philippines-february-3-2016-99-baptized-in-mass-baptism-into-orthodoxy/

https://workersectingreece.wordpress.com/2016/09/18/december-2015-new-orthodox-baptisms-in-philippines-two-filipino-protestant-bishops-four-pastors-and-their-flock/

https://romancatholicsmetorthodoxy.wordpress.com/2016/09/17/september-26-2015-mass-baptism-in-kiamba-philippines-187-former-philippine-independent-catholic-church-members-baptized-orthodox-christians/

https://workersectingreece.wordpress.com/2016/09/18/december-2015-new-orthodox-baptisms-in-philippines-two-filipino-protestant-bishops-four-pastors-and-their-flock/

https://romancatholicsmetorthodoxy.wordpress.com/2016/09/18/philippines-february-3-2016-99-baptized-in-mass-baptism-into-orthodoxy/
>>
>>1835865
>africans and spics breed like rabbits
In other news none of them matter.
>>
>>1835784
>I don't know what's wrong here

Watch this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnemwvGoU_I

If you love someone you wish to help them overcome sin, not drown in it or worse: glorify sin.
>>
>>1835880

Jesus forgave everyone, my friend.
>>
>>1835821
>Islam failed to do so and look at them now
Expanding at a record rate with the help of western leftist governments.
>>
>>1835882
If they were repentant. Otherwise, he made it clear not to associate with them (Matthew 18:17)
>>
>>1835887

But the pope isn't doing anything wrong.
>>
>>1835848
>t. ex catholic who converted to Orthodoxy and see new converts every months
How do I into Orthodoxy.
A few things stopping me from converting.
A) They have different beliefs, I'm not sure what Orthodox believe in, aside from ignoring the Pope.
B) Isnt the Orthodox church a corrupt KGB run thing, atleast Russian?
C) I have no Orthodox Churches near me (UK) what do?

I'm tired of this Pope, of all this bullshit modernization. If they are going to change shit when convenient, why bother with any of it?
>>
>>1835890
He's taking part in a celebration of heresy, is he not?
>>
>>1835908
A) Thoroughly learning Orthodox beliefs as contrasted with modern Christianity will take you at least a year, and having a sophisticated appreciation for them will take longer.
>B) Isnt the Orthodox church a corrupt KGB run thing, atleast Russian?
No. One single person claimed to have once seen secret documents showing the Patriarch was KGB. Other than that, there is zero evidence the KGB runs or ever ran the Russian Church. They did try to at one time, of course, but they did it be imprisoning the original clergy. The state control of the Church was dropped because Stalin needed the real Church for a morale booster in WWII, and so he released the clergy from prison
C) email orthodoxengland.org.uk
>>
>>1835918

But he is God's representative on Earth and God loves everyone on Earth. Therefore the Pope should promote harmony and goodwill to all men.
>>
>>1835908

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoWtrb8cKEw

check that out
>>
>>1835935
>A) Thoroughly learning Orthodox beliefs as contrasted with modern Christianity will take you at least a year, and having a sophisticated appreciation for them will take longer.
How would I learn about this?
Where do you even start?
>>
>>1835950
Reading the Church Fathers, especially people like Saint John of the Ladder, Saint John Chrysostom, and saint John Cassian.

But if you want a brief intro, try two novels

The Way of a Pilgrim, a novel written by a monk about an ascetic wanderer

And Laurus, a novel about a man who falls into fornication, causing tragic consequences, and then turns to holiness.

Both will give you a decent introduction to how very different the mindset of Orthodoxy is from modern Christianity.
>>
>>1835947
>>1835956
Thanks.

Just curious, did you guys convert? If so how long ago, and what made you?
>>
>>1835958
Yes. I converted because, after studying Orthodoxy, I became convinced it was the only sort that had the same doctrines for 2000 years.
>>
>>1835958

I was born into Orthodoxy, but became agnostic for many years, now I'm working on understanding Christianity more deeply and eventually re-joining the Orthodox Church.

>what made you

It feels like "home" to me, and most of my understanding comes from the early Church fathers, ortho saints and monks. It's also traditionalist and apostolic like the Catholics but without a few teachings I consider incorrect.
I don't think protestantism is an option except maybe old-school Lutheran Churches.
>>
>>1835781
Then why is Islam the fastest growing religion?
>>
>>1835994
>I don't think protestantism is an option except maybe old-school Lutheran Churches.
You do know Luther taught that contrition is of the Devil and should be avoided, and if you feel it too strongly he taught that you should literally sin away the feeling?
>>
>>1835883
>gommies and mudslimes are out there helping each other to get us!
t. Uncle Sam
>>
>>1836008
Because it's the religion of peace.
>>
>>1836017
>t.hanve't a single clue about european politivs for the last two or so years
>>
>>1836034
>europe is a single entity
>leftist parties in europe have similar policies
Just stop
>>
File: dor_048.jpg (163KB, 600x491px) Image search: [Google]
dor_048.jpg
163KB, 600x491px
>>1836008

because they have the highest birth rate atm. Islam isn't very good at converting people during peace time.
>>
>>1835958
I converted a few months ago, at first i was disgusted by the liberal views of the local priest and the bishops of my country, but after this cuck pope was elected i couldn't stand it anymore and i went to an evangelical church, this church was more conservative and i started reading the Church Fathers while attending to this church.

After reading them i realized that nobody believed the Bishop of Rome to be special before Charlemagne, and that both Catholicism and Protestantism didn't follow the tradition of the Apostles, thus i converted to Orthodoxy.
>>
>>1835781
This is less catching flies with honey and more converting to being a fly because you don't want to be flyphobic
>>
>>1835766
I can't explain Sweden but the pope is a communist that is trying to destroy the church
>>
>Being surprised of what heretics do when they discard and attack Holy Tradition and disregard Christ's teachings and those of the Apostles.

Regardless of your leaning, I highly encourage you to search out your nearest Orthodox Monastery and Church and ask the Monks/Father any questions you have of the Faith.

T. Orthodox
>>
>>1835908
Isn't Prince William a crypto-Orthodox?
>>
Islam is a fucking cancer and Sweden is lost.

Let the country be a herald of the inhumanity of the savage muslims. Let it burn, and their ultimate sacrifice, their ashes stand testament to their failure.
>>
>>1836326
>Isn't Prince William a crypto-Orthodox?
What?
He's gonna end up leading the CoE, so I doubt it.
>>
>>1836341
He's talking about how his dad was a member of the Greek Church, and he himself is really chummy with the monks of Mt. Athos and other places like that
>>
>>1836055
you're an idiot

why is /his/ full of bleeding heart teenagers?
>>
>>1836341
My bad, I was thinking of Prrince Charles. Plus it's only speculation.

http://orthodoxengland.org.uk/hrh.htm
>>
>>1835943
>God loves everyone on Earth so no actions/beliefs are bad anymore
Looks like we're all safe from Hell guys :^)
>>
This is why Islam is going to enslave us all
>>
>>1835766
Why do you see a problem with this? Times change and so do people. If this is what the church thinks they should do to keep up with the times, then so be it. She is merely helping other faiths practice at her place of worship, which is very commendable and worthy of praise coming from the problematic history of the Catholic Church and its warmongering past.
>>
Holy shit, I didn't know /his/ was so gay and cucked.
>back to /fit/ and /pol/ I go
>>
File: 1462486091752.jpg (80KB, 766x960px) Image search: [Google]
1462486091752.jpg
80KB, 766x960px
ITT:
>wtf why isn't this pope calling crusades to kill Infidels in the name of Christ this is bullshit NOT MUH CHRISTIANITY
>>
>>1835766
>satan meets Beelzebub
Orthodoxy is the last Christian denomination to withstand the attacks of Hades
>>
File: blackheart.jpg (20KB, 370x287px) Image search: [Google]
blackheart.jpg
20KB, 370x287px
>>1836541
> Someone claiming to be the representative on Earth of the One True God, part of an eternal faith with eternal truths, should change with the times
>>
>>1836541
>Times change and so do people.

Change into what? They are progressing into nothingness, sin, relativism and hedonism.

When you have the Truth you're supposed to preserve and promote it, not mutate it and "change with the times" like the plebs do.

The grass withers, the flowers fade, but the word of our God remains forever. - Isaiah

Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away. - Matthew 24:35

I'm not even Catholic but they should stick to their principles and teach other denominations the "correct Path", not let them wallow in their delusions.
>>
>>1835766
>Does anyone see a problem with this?
nope

All I see is a union between the cucks. At long ast :' )
>>
>>1836008
It isn't, Islam has a terrible retention rate.

https://themuslimissue.wordpress.com/2012/08/03/leaving-evil-more-muslims-than-ever-in-history-converting-to-christianity/
>>
>>1837019
>Jesus instructs his apostles to humble themselves and wash the feet of the lowest members of society
>Pope washes the feet of Muslims and Negros
>/pol/ completely misses the joke
>>
File: christians ignore this.jpg (382KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
christians ignore this.jpg
382KB, 1280x720px
>>1837947
Does the joke involve the slaughter of some of the oldest Christian communities in the world and the destruction of some of the oldest churches the Vatican ignores while licking feet?

Cause I'll admit that's a pretty funny joke.
>>
>>1836359
Get back to /pol/ you worthless unthinking sheep.

Why won't the mods do something?
>>
>>1837947
Oh who cares about Christ, I want my cultural religion to look proud and dignified.
>>
>>1837947
>iz al00 dzhouke ghuyz
>>
When you know that someone is a libshit atheist pretending to be a Christian when it suits their agenda of lol triggering /pol/ XD?

When he regurgitates something like:

>Jesus instructs his apostles to humble themselves and wash the feet of the lowest members of society
>>
>>1836253
You're overreacting like most poltards. Someone has to convert them and patiently set them back on the right path and screaming "cuck" at them won't work.
>>
>>1837976
And what else do you expect him to do?

If you piss off the general muslims, all the other churches in the middle east will be destroyed.
>>
File: muslim church critic.jpg (207KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
muslim church critic.jpg
207KB, 960x540px
>>1838241
Because it sure is helping the situation by ignoring it to not even acknowledge it happening at all.
>>
>>1838261
He condemns it.
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.