[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was the American revolution so much better than most of the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

Why was the American revolution so much better than most of the other wars of independence in the Americas?

In Mexico you have both Miguel Hidalgo and Jose Morels being betrayed and executed. Further south you have Sucre betrayed and suspicions around Bolivar's death.

It just seems the Latin American nations had a lot more Benedict Arnolds going on than the yanks.

Wtf was wrong with them?
>>
>>1835688
The same thing that's going on there now.
>>
The Quebec Patriots got rekt by the bongs back in 1837-38 too.
But americans won mainly because France provide massive amounts of weapons, troops and fleets (Spain also helped them) alot of others countries in America didn't get help for powerful nation
>>
>>1835688
White people are just better at doing stuff t b h
>>
>>1838404
Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of 4chan are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bait to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!
>>
>>1835688
You're taught a pretty whitewashed version of the revolution. The war was hard on everybody, people starved in occupied towns and there was a general sort of chaos running around, loyalists were doing looting, and other loyalists were being murdered and basically lynched.

Americans don't like to think of themselves as ever being radicals, but they were at one point.
>>
>>1838404
How do I filter out this inbred faggot?
>>
>>1838448
Do a barrel role
>>
>>1838380
spain was under napoleon occupation, cant think a bigger help for the traitor scum castizos
>>
>>1838785
True, but England was being invaded by Normans, so they werent that much of a strong enemy either
>>
>>1835688
The Americans basically had the all-star team of the Enlightenment by chance.
>>
Basically what >>1838841 said.

>>1838436 isn't wrong in that there was a lot more stuff happening on the ground floor, but thankfully we had what might as well have been a miracle of convergence to come together and pick up the pieces. That involved convincing some very independently-minded colonies to cede a bit of authority for the sake of a functional federal government while also putting together a ruling document that's remained astoundingly functional for over 200 years.

Sometimes I wonder if there wasn't a little divine intervention involved, just based on George Washington's batshit multilevel involvement alone.
>>
England had a long history of rule of law and constitutional government that Spain never had, and that never developed in any of the Spanish colonies.

The Revolutionary War was largely intended to grant Americans the rights that British people already had.

That and >>1838841
>>
>>1835688
This is a cool thread. I approve.
Anyone have cool info on GW? Interested in what made him so great in the eyes of so many contemporaries and historians alike
>>
File: Washington portrait.jpg (38KB, 348x289px) Image search: [Google]
Washington portrait.jpg
38KB, 348x289px
>>1838841
This, many of the Founding Fathers as individuals could have gone down as legendary leaders. The fact that so many of them were born in the same place and time is actually pretty miraculous.

Washington's firm commitment to the principles of the Revolution and guiding hand throughout it were particularly crucial, if you had to choose just one out of the bunch. He almost doesn't sound real when you read about him, especially in the context of his era and social standing.
>>
>>1840464
Don't forget how he helped jumpstart the French and Indian war, the aftermath of which played an enormous role in raising tensions between the colonists and Britain. With everything that came after, his role in the revolution and then shaping the presidency afterward, people could be forgiven for thinking there was some crazy conspiracy afoot. Or time travel.
>>
I would add to everything else that colonial America was less of a caste system in the British colonies. There was still a rigid class system, but because the British saw the Indians as foreigners to be evicted or avoided, you didn't see as much of a caste-based system where everyone was grouped by how much Spanish blood they had.

>>1840434
He married into money, but at his inaugural ball he danced with everyone woman there, except his wife. She was at home.

I've also heard that he would make a show of being humble to win popular support while schmoozing key figures behind the scenes. Or, in the case of his election, knowing it was guaranteed anyway.
>>
>>1835688
Back then there was no credible threat to the USA on that side of the Atlantic
>>
The mexican revolutions were mostly just overthrowing a despot in order to install a new despot, rinse repeat
>>
>>1840494
Wasn't really him that started the French and Indian War, it was that retarded Indian that he had with him.
>>
>>1840434
He was extremely attractive in his prime. Taller than everyone even though he wouldn't be too tall for our time cause of better nutrition, similar to Charlemagne who was also very tall for his time. He also had a broad chest.
>>
The leaders of the American revolution were almost all students of the Enlightenment and were genuine in their preference for a representative republic rather than the installation of a new autocracy. Though there were plenty of disagreements on the details, their commitment to principle allowed for a pretty smooth transition into a free and functional country. It also helped that ideas about personal liberty were deeply rooted in the Anglo-Saxon tradition going all the way back to the Magna Carta more than five centuries previously. Basically, luck and pre-existing culture paved the way for success in America and the Spanish and their colonial offspring just didn't have that frame of reference.
>>
>>1835688
Because they were White
>>
>>1835688
Say it with me:

WHITE

ANGLO-

SAXON

PROTESTANTS
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.