[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is it with neo-Pagans? They're either nazis, or they're

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: pagan wedding.jpg (115KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
pagan wedding.jpg
115KB, 960x720px
What is it with neo-Pagans?

They're either nazis, or they're hipster atheists.

Are there any "normal" people who are neo-pagans?
>>
>>1834544
Where did you get the source info on the topics in this thread
>>
>>1834544
normal people would just be satisfied with vanilla religions like catholicism, not some meme religion like neo-paganism.
>>
>>1834550

google images
>>
>>1834544
Most I have meant offline are earthy hipster types.

Most online are Pseudo-Nazis, that's probably cause I read YT comments however.

I wonder why in the Far-East, ancestor worship/tribalistic religion doesn't really have a "nationalistic character", but in Europe it tends to.
>>
>>1834544
How can you be so fat? I honestly can't comprehend that

As per OP's question let's begin with why would anyone identify as a pagan and then we'll get to the root of this. Well?
>>
Met plenty in my area but then again my area is full of socially maladjusted individuals. A vast majority of neo-pagans are LARPers who are into "alternative" lifestyles.
>>
>>1834544
Nah because "Normal" people are too busy being actual pagans with bacchanalian celebrations and child sacrifice that puts the ancients to shame.
>>
>>1834544
I imagine some of those hippies or nazi larpers raised kids in their religion who in turn grew into normies but may have carried those beliefs with them into adulthood.
>>
File: 1446186953577.png (390KB, 1542x763px) Image search: [Google]
1446186953577.png
390KB, 1542x763px
>>
>>1834544

What people consider """normal""" is subjective, lad.
>>
>>1834560
Because in the far east it never died out as a living religious tradition only to be revived as an ideological project of nationalist political theorists. Given all the syncretism that we know went on it's not likely ancient European polytheism actually had this element to it either.
>>
>>1834544
>Are there any "normal" people who are neo-pagans?

Normal people follow social normas that's why they're called normal and perceived as normal. And the social norm is: lapsed cultural Christianity, and for women and gays a little bit of Western pseudo-Buddhism.

There has to go something wrong in' Stacies life in order to be come interested in neo-paganism in the first place. The same has to happen tho, when she'd come from lapsed cultural Catholicism to some Westboro Baptist Church sect.
>>
>>1835495
>it's not likely ancient European polytheism actually had this element to it either.
I think I remember that ancestor worship was always a major component of Roman religion.
>>
>>1835511
I was referring to the "nationalist character" mentioned in the previously linked post.
>>
>>1834554
Dude. Catholicism is THE meme religion.

http://www.thevillagechurch.net/sermon/what-distinguishes-protestant-from-roman-catholic-theology/

>Roman Catholic theology is hard to nail down for a couple of reasons. First, it represents almost 2,000 years of doctrine. While many within Roman Catholicism would state that its doctrines have remained consistent (though expanding), such simply is not the case. Second, there exists a plurality of beliefs under the banner of the tradition. Latin American Roman Catholicism differs greatly from Northeastern U.S. or Polish Catholicism, which may or may not be easily distinguished from the official positions of the Vatican. Third, there is the confusing distinction between ex cathedra (and therefore infallible) teaching and that which is not.

>In light of the above, it is exceedingly difficult to attempt to boil down the chief distortions which are represented by the church’s teachings. Should we only look at 16th century documents forged in the fires of the Reformation? Should we only take into account all supposedly infallible teachings of the church? Should we limit ourselves to post-Vatican II understandings? Ultimately, the concern is not over the documents or the church itself, but rather, the erroneous and misleading doctrines which we will consider. Hypothetically, one could call him or herself a Roman Catholic and yet not hold to Roman Catholic doctrine as it is explained below. However, it would have to be asked in what way such a person is Roman Catholic.
>>
>>1835544
As if the catechism isn't a book you can read.
>>
>>1835557
>implying that there's virtually no difference between latin american or northeast US or polish catholicism
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.