[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what happens when somebody who has never even heard of Jesus

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 1474829316009.jpg (61KB, 386x371px) Image search: [Google]
1474829316009.jpg
61KB, 386x371px
So what happens when somebody who has never even heard of Jesus dies? What does Christian tradition say about this?
>>
well he sort of disappears
>>
It says "sshhh, don't worry about it." Not even joking.
>>
>>1834486
It doesn't matter how many people give you an answer, because it's like googling "will I go to Heaven" like Google and the internet are not God

And the "tradition" is usually a meme carried over by the middle ages and the early Roman empire
>>
>>1834513

>And the "tradition" is usually a meme carried over by the middle ages and the early Roman empire

That's basically what religion is.
>>
>>1834486
sshhh, don't worry about it
>>
>>1834522
Not really.

Traditions are practices carried over, or they are memes. Like a religious tradition is meditating, and another religious tradition is killing heretics. Some traditions are very ridiculous.
>>
Spreading the gospel is one of the worst things you can do to someone, if ignorance is an excuse.
>>
I seem to recall that the idea, at least in more autistic protestant traditions, was that Jesus/God walked up to you in hell told you what's what and gave you a chance to accept him and thus salvation. Similar to the idea that Jesus stopped by hell/land of the dead when he first died and offered a chance of salvation from the father for all the past righteous people that didn't get a chance to hear his new testament.

Seems like a pretty good deal to me. I don't know why you wouldn't want to live the good life as an ignorant hedonistic Polynesian islander, die, then run into some guy in the afterlife that tells you you just have to follow him to heaven with good will. I'd find find religion a lot easier to take seriously if I was staring it directly in the face being in an underworld and meeting God and all, rather than having to accept the "message" in mortal life.

Then again in the colonization age people seemed to justify themselves by saving ignorant savages so maybe that's not true for all sects I don't know.
>>
>>1834608
That's an interesting fanfic but at the end of the day it's mental gymnastics to justify an obvious oversight.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.