[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do so many humanities majors get mad at science when humanities

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

Why do so many humanities majors get mad at science when humanities is so reliant on it? At least the good parts of humanities that is.
>>
>>1834331

from my experience, it's usually the reverse that occurs.

>MUH STEM
>>
>>1834578
This board proves otherwise.
>>
>>1835622
Very one-eyed of you. There is plenty of STEMfag sperging over the humanities on the reg here.
>>
>>1835713
To be fair the reverse does happen a lot though.
>>
>>1835713
Humanities require stem but stem doesn't require humanities.
>>
>>1834331
They aren't getting $300K starting at any job they want.
>>
>>1839669
heh good luck interpreting the data kiddo
>>
File: 1474748450356.png (146KB, 562x504px) Image search: [Google]
1474748450356.png
146KB, 562x504px
>>1834331

I'm worse... A finance major.

From my gut feeling, it seems humanities think too highly of themselves in the modern era.

I think the saving grace is the History major, which I suppose without a PHD in entitles you to be a employee at a Museum or Historical Association.

STEMs at least provide some tangible progress to society. The majority of philosophy majors just end up flipping burgers I guess (also need PHD to be relevant).

To be fair, I can piss off both sides by stating I will most likely make more money than a STEM and Humanities degree person combined.

Muh portfolio!
>>
>>1839701

>getting an education to make money
>acting like humanities majors have a sad life

have fun committing suicide at 35 friendo
>>
>>1839738
>this is somehow bad
i'm not sure i'm getting you here
>>
>>1839682
science does it all the time though.
When do scientists bring in humanities majors to help them interpret data?
>>
>>1839738

The fuck else would I be getting a formal education in modern times?
>>
File: laughingwhores.jpg (44KB, 446x400px)
laughingwhores.jpg
44KB, 446x400px
>>1834331
>he isn't a polymath
>>
>Scientists
>Work hard for little money
>But learn things
>Humanities
>Don't work for no money
>Learn wrong things
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1i80qaETtw8

Why wont STEMfags realize that feelings and CULTURE are more important than facts?
>>
>>1839738

I don't know about you, but I might as well be Jewish as I like to work with finances and such things.

Maybe you like to dote on "How you know nothing" but really I don't mind a little hard work. If I make lots of money in process so what?

This maybe anecdotal, but all the humanities majors I know aren't working jobs in their degree. There is like a handful of philosophy jobs at Google, but beyond that I don't know why you are getting that degree if you can't pay back your student loans.

I mean if you have got $100K to blow then yeah college is great learning shit!

But if you weren't born wealthy and have to bootstrap you gotta take those loans.
>>
>>1839805
RIP South Africa
>>
>>1839809
I feel you. I got into school with a full ride so I can take the liberty of studying history and then learning a trade afterwards if I want. I don't see anything wrong with it. no loans, and I'll be well educated.
>>
>>1839833

Yeah if you don't have loans you don't have to worry that much about finding a job just to pay it back.
>>
>>1839899
maybe I'll be a fishmonger
>>
>>1839772
the act of interpretation is not scientific and the scientists doing the interpreting rely on the humanities training theyve received to do so. thus that anon who i replied to who said that science does not rely on humanities is mistaken.
>>
>>1840068
>Scientists need humanities training
Not from any class.
What humanities class tells you how to properly interpret data?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.