[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

People always say that fall of Constantinople was horrible, but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 13

File: LastDaysofTenochtitlanB.jpg (2MB, 2770x1574px) Image search: [Google]
LastDaysofTenochtitlanB.jpg
2MB, 2770x1574px
People always say that fall of Constantinople was horrible, but fall of Tenochtitlan was a real tragedy.
>>
>>1832558
wait for the fall of USA.
>>
Good post OP, absolutely true
>>
Ayo
>*looks at the stars*
Holy up my man, hol up
>*cuts out the heart of a child*
You be...
>*stacks a few rocks*
You be sayin...
>*fails to discover iron*
Ayo my man-
>*enslaves peaceful farmers*
-You be standin here sayin that...
>*plants potatoes*
We wuz...
>*sacrifices 10,000 prisoners to the death god*
Civilized n shiet?
>>
File: 1467790485037.png (11KB, 420x420px)
1467790485037.png
11KB, 420x420px
>>1832562
If we balkanize, I beseech the European powers to reconquer us.
>>
>>1832558
Fall of any mesoamerican civilisation is sad.
>>
>>1832571
Not an argument, fuck off.
>>
>>1832558
Eurocentricism
>>
>>1832571
there is no iron in the aztec zones
Potatoes are incans.

you need to be civilized.
>>
File: dreku.jpg (34KB, 419x354px) Image search: [Google]
dreku.jpg
34KB, 419x354px
>fall of Constantinople
The fuck is a "Constantinople"?
>>
>>1832598
>Constantinople
It is more known my its native turkish name Tsargrad
>>
>>1832603
It is actually more known by its ancient Greek name Byzantion.
>>
>>1832611
The original Hyperborian name is Miklagardr
>>
File: Fall of Constantinople.png (92KB, 712x543px) Image search: [Google]
Fall of Constantinople.png
92KB, 712x543px
What really amazes me is the amount of people involved in the fall of Tenochtitlan
>>
File: Fall of Tenochtitlan.png (28KB, 350x466px) Image search: [Google]
Fall of Tenochtitlan.png
28KB, 350x466px
>>1832624
>>
File: CmpH1LnUkAAg1UJ.jpg (235KB, 1200x1200px)
CmpH1LnUkAAg1UJ.jpg
235KB, 1200x1200px
>>1832626
must have been epic
>>
File: koffir.jpg (25KB, 250x201px) Image search: [Google]
koffir.jpg
25KB, 250x201px
>>1832626
>dat K/D ratio
Did the fucking Aztecs just line up in a long line for the cannon balls to massacre them? Also
>80,000-200,000 native allies
>around 1000 actual conquistadors
Why do spaniards get the blame by "Viva la raza" faggots when it was basically Paco on Paco violence?
>>
File: Accounts of the conquistadors.png (97KB, 940x553px) Image search: [Google]
Accounts of the conquistadors.png
97KB, 940x553px
>>1832651
>Did the fucking Aztecs just line up in a long line for the cannon balls to massacre them?
Smallpox can really turn tides m8.
Anyway, first account in pic related might give a brief explanation.
>>
>>1832651
>Why do spaniards get the blame by "Viva la raza" faggots when it was basically Paco on Paco violence?
Because they idolize the Aztecs and want to believe that the only reason they fell is because of the evil Spaniards.
>>
>implying anyone gives a shit about Amerindians
>>
While the people were singing and dancing, the Spanish came out ready for battle, armed with swords, lances, and metal shields, and closed all the escape routes behind them. They brutally slaughtered the assembled Aztecs. Those trying to escape were struck down near the exits, and those attempting to hide were also found and killed. Some of those inside were able to make it over the walls, but nearly all inside were killed. It is uncertain how many died, but it is estimated that the courtyard was capable of holding eight to ten thousand nobles and warriors.[1][8] Another source figures that 10,000 Aztecs were killed. The event came to be known as The Massacre in the Main Temple
>>
>brutal slaveholding empire #1 gets dominated by brutal slaveholding empire #2
lmao real "tragedy" you got there, juan.
>>
File: 2999129_orig.png (1MB, 836x513px) Image search: [Google]
2999129_orig.png
1MB, 836x513px
The aztec "inteligentsia" was wiped.
completely unarmed. Alvarado ordered his men to block the exits of the sacred courtyard and then the carnage began. The Spaniards attacked with swords and lances.
It is said that the blood flowed like a river and that the courtyard was soon filled with dismembered bodies, guts and severed limbs.
The murdered men were highly respected leaders, codex interpreters, warlords. They had been educated in Calmécac (the school for the children of nobles).
>>
The Aztecs surrendered on August 13, 1521.
Cuauhtémoc was taken hostage, Cortes demanded the gold lost during La Noche Triste.
Remaining Aztec warriors and civilians fled the city as the Spanish forces, primarily the Tlaxcalans, continued to attack even after the surrender, slaughtering thousands of the remaining civilians and looting the city. The Spanish and Tlaxcalans did not spare women or children: they entered houses, stealing all precious things they found, raping and then killing women, stabbing children.[16]
>>
File: images (39).jpg (21KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
images (39).jpg
21KB, 512x288px
Which was worse, in your opinions, the Christian invasion of the New World, or the Muslim invasion of India?
>>
>>1832688
>>1833933
>destroying the city itself is fine though lol
>>
File: cyrus the great.jpg (59KB, 300x410px) Image search: [Google]
cyrus the great.jpg
59KB, 300x410px
>>1832558
>Cyrus' capital
>It takes a man such as Alexander for it to fall
>He won't even let his soldier enter the houses, out of sheet and utter respect
>Literally nothing but rubble left today

Babylon is the greatest loss. Specially because it was muslims taking over.
>>
>>1834025
>Christian invasion of the new world
>bad
>>
>>1834025
>america is one of the biggest and richest economies in the world
>india was forced to partition their nation just so that they can kick out all of the muslims.

i dunno...
>>
>>1834025
Why are phoneposters the shittest of Anons?
>>
>>1832651
>Why do spaniards get the blame by "Viva la raza" faggots when it was basically Paco on Paco violence?
because they immediately turned around and stabbed their native allies in the back then tore down their civilization brick by brick and enslaved everyone to mine precious metals
>>
>>1832571
They stacked rocks really fucking well. They were certainly civilised.
Stop with this enemy of my friend bullshit.
>>
>>1834025
I support the side that now uses social violence more than they employ physical subjugation.
>>
>>1832572
>implying Europeans won't have their own existential crises if we ever collapse
>>
>>1834351
This is pure truth!
I was reading how the people of Cempoal were the first to help the spanish and give them thousands of warriors to take Tenochtitlan, after the aztecs were defeated, the spanish enslaved their once allies to work in encomiendas the people were distributed between conquistadors and their city was depopulated and abandoned.
>>
>>1834816
>implying that the military might of brother America isn't the reason we're so cucked

Our stupid leaders think that American support is eternal. With trump talking about not going along with NATO they're finally waking up. Germany is finally going to meet its NATO obligations.
>>
>>1834025

The world would be slightly better off if everyone was atheist, it's obvious that God loves atheists more than Christians, that's why he gave them a slightly higher IQ.
>>
>because they immediately turned around and stabbed their native allies in the back then tore down their civilization brick by brick and enslaved everyone to mine precious metals

This is wrong.
Allied natives were given higher status and their nobility was assimilated into the Spanish social hierarchy.
>the Tlaxcaltecs enjoyed some privileges among the indigenous peoples of Mexico, including the right to carry guns, ride horses, hold noble title, and to rule their settlements autonomously.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.