[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would history have been like if the land that was Doggerland

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: Doggerland.jpg (408KB, 1077x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Doggerland.jpg
408KB, 1077x1600px
What would history have been like if the land that was Doggerland remained above the sea throughout all of this time?

How would this have changed things like the Roman conquests, WWI and WWII?

Would Europe look the same except with some new countries or would things be vastly different, not just for the UK but the entire continent?

Shit fascinates me but that is a level of alternate history I'm clueless as to how to approach, it would change history, and Europe so completely I think.
>>
Would the ice age continue or would it somehow end without the sea levels rising considerably?
>>
>>1829652
I dont know man, this might not just be the realm of alternate history but alternate geography and climate too
>>
>>1829645
>What would history have been like if the land that was Doggerland remained above the sea throughout all of this time?
>How would this have changed things like the Roman conquests, WWI and WWII?

You realize how absurd these questions are, assuming you want a even vaguely realistic answer? Nothing would have been the same
>>
>>1829645
The eternal Anglo wouldn't exist, and Germany would rightfully be the ruler of Europe instead of the bongs and joos.
>>
>>1829767
Would Germany even exist?
>>
>>1829645

ww1 and ww2 would not have even happened, at least not in any way we would be familiar with. a geographical change like that would completely alter all of european history in incomprehensible ways
>>
The orcs would be more of an issue
>>
>>1829806
I'm so fucking curious to know how it would all change, how completely altered the course of Europe would be, starting out from just before the first Greek tribes
>>
>>1829815
We wouldn't even be talking about the Greeks and Romans, because they would not have emerged as major powers.

We'd be talking about a bunch of far older civilizations in Doggerland that are unknown today because they got swept away by the rising seas.
>>
yes germany still exist and stronger
>>
>>1829770
Probably not.
>>
>>1829867
There were no civilizations in Doggerland.
>>
>>1829767
This.

Also the Romans would have had a far tougher time getting rid of the Celts. Hell, the Celts might have risen to their own power with a united cultural empire.
>>
>>1829896
Without the ice age coming to an end there may have been no civilization at all.
>>
>>1829958
Okay pretend the ice age does come to an end and Doggerland remains
>>
File: sepen.jpg (92KB, 538x329px) Image search: [Google]
sepen.jpg
92KB, 538x329px
Should we include things like this in the equation?
>>
>>1830164
No just Doggerland for now
>>
>>1829645
cold.
>>
>>1829645
warm.
>>
>>1829645

I always used to think that GB was a breakaway region from scandinavia (hence the rugged west coast due to plate tectonics. How did Doggerland come about?
>>
>>1832969
Lower sea levels
>>
>>1830164
Goddamn that's ugly :(
>>
>>1830164
Kind of looks like a hammer that's upside down.
>>
OP, you've gotten your answers.

Everything is completely incomprehensibly different. But I'll play your game.

Let's say that this somehow doesn't affect the Mediterranean societies. Maybe it's just another jumble of Celtic tribes for the romans to conquer.
In that case, either Caesar's march brings it all under Rome's banner, or it becomes a sort of Eastern Germany from their perspective and they leave it be. Either way you find yourself at another historical shuffling at the decline of the empire that makes it impossible to predict, and we're as a species pretty terrible at predictions.

Is the terrain plainland or wooded ? This affects the Romans' interest in it as well as, later, how far the Huns stick around as well. And once Rome falls, the absolute clusterfuck of medieval feudalism with a different geography is going to result in completely different results. Does Christianity still happen to the scale that it did? Does Islam? Is the civilization around Spain and France able to curb Arabic expansion a la Charles Martel ?

This isn't even getting into the question of climate.
>>
>>1832989
Its so fucking interesting to think about but yeah, such scale of change results in so many different factors to take into account thats its impossible to predict with much accuracy and you can really only go into fiction territory with it.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.