[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: ConversionofPaul_000.jpg (75KB, 588x700px) Image search: [Google]
ConversionofPaul_000.jpg
75KB, 588x700px
>Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

What are the behaviors and patterns of the world we shouldn't follow after?

It's like Paul isn't preaching church doctrine, but when we read it's like he is telling us that there are forces that are trying and attempting to control how we act about situations.
>>
There are.

The forces that keep you imprisoned in your immanence.
>>
>>1829637
What's that mean
>>
>>1829647
What keeps you tied down and in bondage to the world and things of the world exclusively, without reference to the whole and the miracle of their being a world in the first place
>>
>>1829649
I don't get it
>>
>>1829649
Even if we mention the miracle, it's like people are telling us how to enjoy the miracle and it's aggravating
>>
File: A.Goy.s.Life.jpg (517KB, 1632x1088px) Image search: [Google]
A.Goy.s.Life.jpg
517KB, 1632x1088px
>>1829632
>What are the behaviors and patterns of the world we shouldn't follow after?

Pic related.
>>
>>1829659
Babby version: the world does not define you, you define yourself

Patrician: if your sense of self is derived exclusively from contingent externals (appearance, career, bank account, number of friends, sexual history, etc.), you become identified with what is fundamentally not you. you are, first and foremost, a self alone before God/the infinite, not the world's perception of that self.
>>
>>1829695
Only because enjoyment of the world is a slippery slope to becoming merely a host for your desires and habits, and not a self-possessed, authentic being.

If you can enjoy yourself without issue, then there's no problem but the level of work to achieve the necessary self-awareness is no fucking joke
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.