[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's talk about the founder of our clan/house/surname.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: Brandon_the_builder.jpg (111KB, 640x358px) Image search: [Google]
Brandon_the_builder.jpg
111KB, 640x358px
Let's talk about the founder of our clan/house/surname.

My ancestor was a Chinese general from Hainan who settled in Korea after leading many victories during Japanese invasion in late 16th century. He stayed in Chosun because apparently he was aware that Ming dynasty was doomed.
>>
My family doesn't use clan names. feels bad man.
>>
File: 14f5efdcdddb798f15cbd6268a378d91.jpg (604KB, 668x1001px) Image search: [Google]
14f5efdcdddb798f15cbd6268a378d91.jpg
604KB, 668x1001px
>>1829602
The 'founder' of my family was a pauper Bedouin who converted to Nicene Christianity and settled in what is now Jordan.
>>
When Napoleon took over the Netherlands, he made people claim surnames so he could keep better records and do more organized tax collecting. The Dutch people thought the idea was ridiculous and would never last, so many of them took joke names because they didn't take the idea of a surname seriously and wanted to fuck with the officials.

So, my last name (like many other Dutch peoples') is a meaningless joke name that my ancestor chose to fuck with a tax collector. I like to think he was a funny guy.
>>
>>1829776
neat
>>
>>1829795
And what is it?
>>
>>1829795
Probably the origin of Warmbier, that kid who got sentenced to 15yrs labour in NK last year
>>
My ancestor was a Spanish Lord or noble who got his name after being granted land by the king after winning a huge battle against Muslim invaders. my last name is the name of the land he got
>>
>>1829795
Jan, pls tell.
>>
>>1829602
On my dad's side we're from the Hanrahan clan (my Grandma was given all of the icons when her mom passed away). Other than that, all my family came on the boat in the 1880s-1890s
>>
>>1829602
Starving peasants from the hell that is Northern Sweden

Decided to gtfo to the US while they still could.
>>
>founder of my surname
For many generations people in my family used patronymics until one day some guy just said fuck it and "the son of Håkan" became the family name. Probably some farmer cunt.
>>
My surname is yiddish for crude person from poland. So pretty much my family have been underclass backwater people since the beginning of time. Still are we leave in south east kansas
>>
>>1829795
Hey there, Mr.Grotesnikkel
>>
>>1829602
My great-grandmother (Swedish) was Andersson, and her father actually was an Anders. I guess she realized how boring/common that was, though. They were poor as fuck peasants in central Sweden near the Norwegian border. She had a brother who had moved to America, and when he did so he made up a new name for himself. It's Swedish, but I won't repeat it here for obvious reasons -- but follows the typical pattern of [natural, plant part] + [physical descriptor]. Ek, En, Til, Rosen, etc. + berg/burg/dal/qvist, etc. When she later left Sweden (she was 2nd, but two other siblings also later came), she (and the siblings) used the same 'new' family name. She had my paternal grandfather, and so that's my last name. It's not a super common name, though it's typically Swedish-sounding and from what we can tell, at least 1/2 or so of people with the name in the US are still descended from my great-grandmother or one of her siblings.

One of my great-grandmothers (she died when I was 10) was English-born, descended from Huguenots. She had a French last name and was quite proud of it, apparently she herself was only 4th generation English.

All my other last names are kinda boring farmer origins.
>>
>>1829602
My surname "Muñoz" is derived from a Roman general whose most notable action was destroying the city made famous by the Bible Corinth

>Lucius Mummius (2nd century BC), was a Roman statesman and general. He later received the agnomen Achaicus after conquering the Achaean League and bringing all of Greece under Roman control.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucius_Mummius_Achaicus
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.