[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm currently on vacation in Riga with my gf, she being

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 11

File: images.jpg (8KB, 270x186px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8KB, 270x186px
I'm currently on vacation in Riga with my gf, she being Russian while I'm not. Either way today we went to the museum of national history here in Riga, and we came to the part about "soviet occupation". She claimed it was all just propaganda, that they weren't occupied and that many Latvians wanted to be part of the ussr etc. She also said that the 15000 that were deported to the gulags was "nothing, only 15000. In Russia it was many more and we didn't hate the ussr". She says this while being born in 1996 btw. And the guy we're renting from on Airbnb, who's from a city nearby, also said that they weren't actually occupied. So my question being; what's the truth? My gut tells me it's just their Russian propaganda machine telling them that they dindu nuffin but I'm interested in what you guys have to say
>>
russians are never free of blame
>>
>>1829125
>every eastern european nation that was a satellite of or a part of the UDSSR absolutely hates them
>standard of living is lightyears better than under le glorious SU
>baltic states,poland etc. scared shitless of russia requesting more Nato presence
>russians have their own culture,tvs radi etc. pretty seperated
>tons of baltic people joined the SS without being Nazis because they hated the soviets

Yeah its typical russian apologist bullshit.
>>
a lot of Bolsheviks were from the Baltics.
>>
>She also said that the 15000 that were deported to the gulags was "nothing, only 15000. In Russia it was many more and we didn't hate the ussr"
>In Russia it was many more and we didn't hate the ussr
What do you think? Russians have cattle mentality, they are truly sub-humans.
>>
>>1829125
Being lithuanian I'm amazed these people really exist. Is it really so bad in Russia that they so glorify SU?
>>
>>1829176
From Latvia. A lot less from Lithuania and Estonia.

But I believe they all got purged in 30's
>>
>>1829198
Im pretty sure this is a bait thread to milk Latvian butthurt. The fact that OP even has a GF is highly suspect.
>>
>>1829125
Report her to the proper authorities.
>>
Communists improved those irrelevant "states". They would be someone's bitch in any case, Hitler planned to exterminate them and settle their land with Germans.
>>
>>1829218
Jeez, can you be more careful? I almost cut myself on your edge
>>
>>1829230
The weak should fear the strong.
>>
t. Nikolai Altan-Temur Bozgir Bizgekmanikov
>>
>25.8% Russians
Damn, Russkies sure did a number on these places.
>>
File: 1469537925197.jpg (117KB, 914x680px) Image search: [Google]
1469537925197.jpg
117KB, 914x680px
>>1829125
You may just be baiting but many Russians actually think like that so I am going to try to make a response.
For the Balts the USSR was as foreign as it could get, foreign language, foreign capital and foreign national interests. For the Russians it was just an extension of Tsarist Russia, Russian language policies, capital in Moscow and russefication of minorities or non Russian republics.

On the economics part the Russians would see how the Commies turned them from a back water Feudal land to a modern industrial one, the Balts would see the Commies turn them from countries somewhat integrated into the rest of Europe to issolated Communist backwaters.

Communist leaders would all speak Russian, think there was a few leaders of the Baltic republics not even able to speak the native tongue.

And last, Communism didn't see Russia end up with gigantic newly immigrated nonRussian colonists, both Estonia and Latvia ended up with a great share of nonBaltic colonialists.
>>
>>1829125
>My gut tells me it's just their Russian propaganda machine telling them that they dindu nuffin
This is the correct answer.
>>
>>1829125
Get out while you can
>>
>>1829125
>She says this while being born in 1996 btw
It doesn't matter. Their school propaganda is pretty much the same. The brainwashing has literally been going on for a hundred years now. They honestly believe they're liberators bringing joy and prosperity to everyone and that the evil Westerners, Jews, fascists, gays, etc. are lying.
>>
>>1829236
Unless we are weak and our enemies are making allies at our border. Then they are evil for breaking promises they never made.
t.Russian
>>
File: Russian_Empire_literacy.jpg (433KB, 1623x2591px) Image search: [Google]
Russian_Empire_literacy.jpg
433KB, 1623x2591px
>>1829253
To add to this, the Baltic region was ahead of most of the Russia even before Communism.
>>
>>1829283
Russians will say that was because of Russian heavy investement that was bigger than earlier non Russian investment, is that true or bullshit?
>>
>>1829279
>nato illegaly moved closer to russia, comrades, we had a deal that this wouldn't happen, honestly
I'm lovin' it
>>
>>1829283
>1897
Well, 20 years earlier most of the peasants were literally slaves, so there's that.
>>
>>1829292
I'm no expert on that region, or Europe, but I think it may have to do with those regions having been partially under Swedish rule, having the Baltic Germans as a ruling class and also the trade with Germany and Scandinavia close by.
>>
>>1829297
And the Balts were literal slaves under Balt Germans.
>>
>>1829309
>>1829305
I'm pretty sure that literacy is about the Russian language, not the native language of the population.
>>
>>1829319
So Balts, Finns and Poles were better at reading Russian than Russians themselves were?
>>
>>1829325
Apparently. Also I'm suspecting more educated Russians would be settling in the conquered territories, while the majority Russian territories would be filled with Russian peasants.
>>
>>1829338
Shouldn't Muscowy and ST petersburg be on the same level as the Baltics and Finns then though?
>>
>>1829352
They seem pretty close.
>>
>>1829369
ST petersburg is at 50-60%, Moscow is at 40-50% compared to above 75% for Estonia, Northern Riga and Finland.
That despite ST Petersburg being the administrative capital of Russia.
>>
File: IMG_20161015_211944.jpg (3MB, 2992x4000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161015_211944.jpg
3MB, 2992x4000px
Op here, Idk what proof I can provide that I'm not baiting but here's my passport and 2 receipts, one from yesterday and one from today. I'd love to answer all posts in full, but my gf isn't very aware of my postings on a Chinese kazoo forum, especially not if it's about her national pride.
>>
>>1829380
Could you try remind her that the USSR basically tried to colonize Estonia and Latvia with Russian immigrants?
>>
File: 1473969181299.png (60KB, 1182x1771px) Image search: [Google]
1473969181299.png
60KB, 1182x1771px
>>1829380
Dude, I dunno what you're expecting. She's brainwashed into the Russian lies about history. Id you're alright with that, good for you. If you're not, maybe you should start a family with her, because she's start spreading the retarded propaganda to your children and one day in 20 years they'll come here and be the annoying commie idiots who will say communism has never been tried and that Stalin didn't do nothing and was a good guy.
>>
>>1829125
>SOVIET OCCUPATION THEY SEND 999.999 MILLIONS PEOPLE TO GULAG
>In USSR population of Latvia go up
>Now population of Latvia go down
Kek
>>
>>1829406
Russian women are also notorious gold diggers.
Heard that from a pan slavist.
>>
File: Population-of-Latvia.png (64KB, 2339x1654px) Image search: [Google]
Population-of-Latvia.png
64KB, 2339x1654px
>>1829419
pictures that make russcucks go hmmm
>>
>>1829406
>STUPID SOVIET RUSH GERMANS mg-42
>Omaha-beach
Top kek
>>
>>1829419
>>In USSR population of Latvia go up

1935 census
Latvians 1,472,612
Russians 206,499

1989 census
Latvians 1,387,757
Russians 905,515

THANKS USSR
>>
File: Безымянный.png (53KB, 1176x429px) Image search: [Google]
Безымянный.png
53KB, 1176x429px
>>1829427
Stupid slow chuhonets shit himself
>>
>>1829445
1925 census
Latvians 1.354.126

1989 census
Latvians 1.387.757

USSR KILL 999.999 MILLION PEOPLE
>>
>>1829459
>USSR KILL 999.999 MILLION PEOPLE
Nobody has used the number 999.999 apart from you.
>>
>>1829470
hyperbole, and its not most important
>>
>>1829380
Just a warning. IQ and biological background are highly inheritable. A Russian son or daughter wont compete as well with a Norwegian breed.

It's like comparing my aunt's kids who were mixed with the Irish and they ended up dumber than dirt. Just pay attention to the quality of her families decisions.
>>
>>1829470
He may be two things.
1. a troll
2. a Russian
They are rather interchangeable.
>>
>>1829125

If she's hot don't confront her about it but she's embraced the memes a bit too hard.
>>
>>1829459
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Priboi

>Latvian SSR
>41,811 deported to Siberia (majority of which women and children)
>>
>>1829451
Your chart shows that Latvias Latvian population was increasing up till the Soviet annextion though.
>>
>>1829481
He's a Russian for sure, defending the motherland's crimes like a good subhuman. I'm yet to see a Russian who's not a white version of a dinndu ghetto nigger.
>>
>>1829487
Western propaganda.
>>
>>1829496
Check out the slavic vedas. They even have their own version of WE WUZ
>>
>>1829498

OP's GF??

Is that you?

Quick, how big is his ponos?
>>
>>1829487
>deportation of bandits, nationalists and those who support them

WE ARE THE VICTIMS OF COMMUNISM

>in USSR latvian population go up

ITS NOT IMPORTANT USSR DEPORTATE 41.711 PEOPLE
>>
>>1829521
>children are bandits and nationalists
>i don't know what numbers are
>>
I see lot of stupid pribalts here, whose cant believe that in times of USSR their population go up, and now its go down
>>
File: 32323.png (63KB, 1176x429px) Image search: [Google]
32323.png
63KB, 1176x429px
Just shut up guys
>>
>>1829553
>Communist Baltics bread like poor niggers
>independent Baltics have fewer children like rich, educated people do
Russians drag everyone done always. Good thing they are free from that now.
>>
>>1829535
>>1829521
The Lativans were less at the end of communism, not more. Fucking Russian idiots.
>>
>>1829380
>Norwegian goes to the Baltics
>still goes to a Narvesen

lol
>>
>>1829521
It's weird because the majority of Russians I meet in the States absolutely hate the Russian government and share the American idea that all governments are bureaucratic and evil.
>>
>>1829605
As in Russian tourists or Russian immigrants?
>>
>>1829459
The post ussr population loss is from russian military and their families moving back to Russia.

Considering that the native population had barely changed between 64 years really highlights the potentiality of imposed issues under the USSR.
>>
Just ask her if Molotov-Ribbentrop was propaganda.
>>
>>1829680
Also ask her about Katyn.
>>
>>1829253

Excellent answer.

>>1829125
>She claimed it was all just propaganda, that they weren't occupied and that many Latvians wanted to be part of the ussr etc. She also said that the 15000 that were deported to the gulags was "nothing, only 15000. In Russia it was many more and we didn't hate the ussr".

This is a contradiction. What country would want to be part of the USSR if it was full of suffering?

Your girlfriend is largely right in claiming that the Baltics did not suffer more than any other Soviet State. In fact, they most likely suffered less because they missed the worst period of Stalinism, the 30s. The Baltics were all things considered a Soviet Republic like any other and treated as such.

So they weren't really occupied, they were annexed by authoritarian, economically dysfunctional federation. Which in practice is pretty similar to occupation.
>>
>>1829631
Immigrants. I haven't met many Russian tourists. My cousin (through marriage) comes from yekaterinburg has never shown pro government/pro Russia sentiments. Neither do is mother and father. Neither does my girlfriend/her parents. Neither does anyone in their family that I've ever met. Most've them like small business and making their own way in the world. They like their culture but they understand that governments are innately bureaucratic and evil..

Plus I've traveled through Poland and Germany and the Poles and the East Germans all swear by the horrors of communism and the soviets. That's why tons of them fled to West Germany/Pollacks did everything they could to escape Poland.
>>
>>1829125
>with my gf

lol

Leave.
>>
>>1829190
/thread
>>
So I told her she had been fed Russian propaganda ever since she was born. All she said was that ussr sent a lot of engineers and people to build infrastructure in Latvia and that I "just didn't get it" when showing her the graphs of disappearing latvians and huge numbers of Russian immigrants
I'm creating a lot of butthurt here I think
>>
>>1829734
Did you show her this?
>>1829253
>>
>>1829734
Ask her why every country in Europe that borders Russia hates and fears them.
>>
>>1829734
She's a woman. She's not going to understand logic. All she needs is to be told something from birth. That's why an overwhelming number of religious people are women. Women cling to group think.

Plus, just smile, make her happy and pork her like a good boyfriend should. Not that you should concede that you're wrong. It's just that women aren't smart enough to understand other people's points of view.
>>
>>1829190
This

I love Russians as individuals but they're absolute scum when it comes to politics. There's a reason why NATO troops are welcomed with signs and flags.
>>
>>1829734
The pre-war educated folks got a taste of Red terror in 1940, and fled in massive number before the returning Red army in 1944/45.

So they ruined a country, tore down/ruined the previous architecture, and then crapped the place with sylicate brick structures in the countryside and block housing in the towns, while also crapping the country as a whole with colonists.

Who then needed more housing. Which more colonists were brought in to build.
>>
File: 1460003703782.png (124KB, 325x325px) Image search: [Google]
1460003703782.png
124KB, 325x325px
>>1829125
Jesus Christ

I know that older people feel nostalgious about life in USSR, but a 20 year old being so pro-Soviet. Even the youth in Russia don't think this way.
Your gf is very questionable, can't say much besides that.
>>
>>1829869
I wouldn't say she is necessarily being nostalgic about the USSR itself, just very patriotic.
When Russians remember the USSR, I think, they don't do it for its ideology but its victory in world war 2, it's achievements in the Space race and for it being GROSS.
>>
>>1829292
It is, because they've needed a solid presence on the Baltic sea.

>>1829125
I also find it endearing that you believe that Russia is the only sovereign country that embellishes history to accommodate it's agendas.It's as if you believe that Western historiography is the embodiment of empiricism.
>>
>>1830433
>I also find it endearing that you believe that Russia is the only sovereign country that embellishes history to accommodate it's agendas
He never said that.
Just because he think Russian education is bullshit that doesn't mean he thinks his own is all good and dandy.
>>
>>1829125
She's fucking retarded. Also any non-retarded actual latvian will tell you so. Not to mention an Estonian or Lithuanian.

>Some 72% of the 94,000 deportees were women and children under the age of 16. Kruglov, the USSR Interior Minister, reported to Stalin on May 18 that 2,850 were "decrepit solitary old people", 1,785 children without parents to support them and 146 disabled.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Priboi

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_deportations_from_Estonia

And so on.
>>
File: 1357824963739.jpg (616KB, 1278x1382px) Image search: [Google]
1357824963739.jpg
616KB, 1278x1382px
>>1829734
> All she said was that ussr sent a lot of engineers and people to build infrastructure in Latvia

Only thing the engineers built were commieblocks in place of the buildings they destroyed. Balts were way ahead of Russia before the occupation and we didn't need them to build us schools.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bombing_of_Tallinn_in_World_War_II

Not to mention the widespread russification campaings to kill off local language and culture And to make balts a minority in their own countries.
>>
File: images.jpg (16KB, 247x204px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
16KB, 247x204px
>>1829125
>American propaganda
Yes

>Russian propaganda
No
>>
>>1829734
/his/- making your girlfriend break up with you since 2015
>>
its late and i dont want to go on a huge rant about the soviets destroying my country and wanting to kill off my people, so in short:

youre girlfriend is mentally retarded and in need of a bullet hole in her head

from the 10th richest European country, the soviets took Latvia down to Poland-level.
Thread posts: 83
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.