[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Forgotten Mayan city 'discovered' in Central Ameri

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: blood father angel.jpg (361KB, 1180x664px) Image search: [Google]
blood father angel.jpg
361KB, 1180x664px
Forgotten Mayan city 'discovered' in Central America by 15-year-old

>A 15-year-old boy believes he has discovered a forgotten Mayan city using satellite photos and Mayan astronomy.

>William Gadoury, from Quebec, came up with the theory that the Maya civilization chose the location of its towns and cities according to its star constellations.

>He found Mayan cities lined up exactly with stars in the civilization's major constellations.

>Studying the star map further, he discovered one city was missing from a constellation of three stars.

>Using satellite images provided by the Canadian Space Agency and then mapped on to Google Earth, he discovered the city where the third star of the constellation suggested it would be.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/forgotten-mayan-city-discovered-in-central-america-by-15-year-old-a7021291.html
http://www.sciencealert.com/a-15-year-old-just-discovered-a-lost-maya-city-in-central-america
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2016/05/20160511-Maya-Lost-City-Canadian-Teen-Discover-Constellations-Archaeology-Satellite-Stars-Gadoury/

And what have we done here? Nothing. We could have discovered this, but we were to busy shitposting.
>>
>>1828189
He discovered a weed field. That shit was debunked as soon as it was published.
>>
>>1828189
Good job, kid. Good fucking job.
>>
>>1828192
DUDE
>>
>>1828192
you got a source for that?
>>
File: sultan bin baba.jpg (18KB, 480x452px) Image search: [Google]
sultan bin baba.jpg
18KB, 480x452px
>>1828189
>Forgotten Mayan city
Tthat's almost as impressive as a forgotten Nord outhouse.

But I bet it's filled with more shit.
>>
This story has been debunked. However when I finally graduate, I fully expect this board to help me find Mayan ruins so I can ask governments for funds to excavate stuff.
What do you get from that? A whip to make my workers dig and clean the jungle faster.
>>
>>1828196
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2016/05/20160511-Maya-Lost-City-Canadian-Teen-Discover-Constellations-Archaeology-Satellite-Stars-Gadoury/
https://www.wired.com/2016/05/long-lost-mayan-city-teen-found-isnt-lost-city/

>The first image, Braswell says, is of the Laguna El Civalón, and the two rectangular features next to it are fields, probably either weed-filled fallow fields or marijuana fields based on the amount of vegetation.
>>
>>1828189
Not a bad guess on his part, and hopefully he keeps trying. But turns out he was wrong, and it's most likely an overgrown peak-and-furrow field, or else a modern weed grow-op or some such.

You should read 1491 if you want more *genuine* stories like this. The western sides of the Andes, where they run up against the Amazon are prime territory to explore.
>>
>>1828218
>butthurt middle-aged losers mad some 15 year old French-Canadian found their super secret Mayan clubhouse before they did

Really makes you think.
>>
>>1828189
This board is shit at history, it was maybe semi okay the first two weeks it existed. Now it's just /pol/ 2.0
>>
>>1828189
If he was a minority he would be given a stipendium to attend some flyhigh history college no doubt.
>>
>>1828218

>t. Mayan living in a secret buried city
>>
>>1828645
Yea. Well it lasted longer than 2 weeks, but the creeping /pol/ influence is/was very noticeable. I don't see it changing, because as usual the mods suck donkey dicks and don't enforce the "not /pol/ with dates" rule, which is right in the fucking sticky.
>>
>>1828189
He 'discovered' a tiny monument that the locals already knew about.
>>
>>1829013
and what have you discovered?
>>
>>1829073
Your mom moans like a beast with a big black vibe up her pussy when I've got my dick dumping cum in her ass.
>>
>>1829094
Not an argument.
>>
>>1829094
How is that even a discovery, _everyone_ already knew that.
>>
>>1829094
but there are no blacks in my country
>>
>>1829113
>>1829123
'Discoveries' can be of any scale, personal, pair, group or whole society, etc. Not all moms dig double penetration, but OPs mom sure does.

>>1829126
Vibes (short for vibrator) typically don't belong to humans of any race, as they are battery operated sex toys.
>>
>>1828200
>What do you get from that?
Some tropical disease or ancient white gorillas of death
>>
>>1828645
It's definitely more left-wing than /pol/
>>
>>1828673
As much as I don't like this alt-right pseudo-racist rhetoric, you're probably right.
>>
>>1829073
To be fair, it's really not that hard to "discover" ancient buildings in Mayan areas. Most of the time, locals still know about them, and they're all over the place. On a school trip I went on to the Yucatan, all of us started pointing out unexpected buildings that were still "undiscovered" because they're all over the place and no one really cares about them.
>>
>>1828189
>William Gadoury, from Quebec

Stopped reading right there.
>>
>>1830975
Why?
>>
>>1832225
Because he's an anglocuck ofc, I think that should be obvious.
>>
>>1830975
Guillaume Gadourie*

Content anon?
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.