[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How are the Boddhisattva vows even remotely possible to achieve?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: boddhisattva.jpg (112KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
boddhisattva.jpg
112KB, 400x600px
How are the Boddhisattva vows even remotely possible to achieve?

Saving and delivering every single being in all the worlds from samsara and unto paranirvana?

Also, isn't the Buddha the antithesis of everything Mahayana teaches? After all, he entered paranirvana...
>>
Mahayana Buddhism is corrupted

Look into Theravada instead. It's teaching closely relates to the historical Buddha.
>>
>>1827341
OP here. While Mahayana is certainly interesting due to its cosmology of countless gods and wrathful deities and descriptions of exotic Pure Lands and Boddhisattvas, Theravada is more sound and practical, as well as reasonable.
>>
>>1827299
>How are the Boddhisattva vows even remotely possible to achieve?

I dont know, how is paranirvana possible to achieve?

Mahayana probably is a radical departure from the methods of the historical Buddha, though I dont think its clear Theravada is pure either. I am not even sure that is important to what Buddhism is in the same way Orthodoxy is essential to Christian tradition

Personally I dont believe any of the theology, I just appreciate the history and the psychological benefits of Buddhist practices, and of all the schools I am familiar with, I find esoteric Mahayana Buddhism the most engaging.
>>
File: 1452184436326.jpg (71KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1452184436326.jpg
71KB, 640x480px
>>1827299
>How are the Boddhisattva vows even remotely possible to achieve?
this vows are really the vows of non-enlightened people, the puthujjana
>>
>>1827341
>>1827358
This

Theravada is extremely practical, and the Buddha use clear examples to explain his doctrine while encourahing his disciple to not follow him blindly.
it's such a shame that it got corrupted by various tradition of it's countries.
>>
Western fedoras love Theravada.

Ignore them and go study Buddhism in East Asia yourself if you want to understand Mahayana.
>>
>>1827299
Quit the foreplay and cut straight through to Taoist philosophy. It's great for people who aren't interested in withdrawing from society and hiding from your karma.
>>
>>1827299
M-Muh parami mufugga
>>
>>1827299
Scale of time is finite compared to paranirvana's end.
>>
>>1828529
Fuck off, Christcuck
>>
>>1827299
because, like all religions, its just a metaphor
>>
>>1829008
Like all generalizations, there's outliers.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.