[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why the fuck do people drink alcohol? It doesn't quench

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 156
Thread images: 12

File: Monks_f7a9ef_5556895.jpg (137KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Monks_f7a9ef_5556895.jpg
137KB, 600x450px
Why the fuck do people drink alcohol?
It doesn't quench thirst, makes you stupid and tastes like shit.
Look like it's some ritual item that must be consumed to "enjoy yourself". Much like spilling blood of virgins in Aztecs. It sucks, but that's the ritual.
>>
>>1825613
it's either that or experience life sober
>>
The euphoria and boost in self-confidence helps.
>>
>>1825613
It makes water last longer without spoiling.
>>
Beer is an excellent source of calories without requiring sugar and it tastes amazing after mowing the lawn in high summer heat.
>>
>>1825632
desu
>>
File: 1476397853118.jpg (947KB, 1440x2151px) Image search: [Google]
1476397853118.jpg
947KB, 1440x2151px
>>1825613
>Why the fuck do people drink alcohol?

Because for the longest time, now included, life has been never ending misery for everyone and booze makes you too stupid to care anymore once it all piles high enough.

It is our first and best chemical coping mechanism for the severe depression we are all doomed to suffer.
>>
Reason 1: To fit in.

Reason 2: To make oneself feel better about one's miserable life.

Reason 3: To be able to fuck bellow average people.
>>
>>1825649
That's actually not why people drink. Stop yelling at the popular people you're out of high school now.
>>
>>1825613
It has pleasurable effects

But it's more than just a pure drug/pleasure dynamic, it's a social activity, including boasting and showing one's prestige by being able to drink more, afford more expensive spirits (bottles of Spades, Crystal, fancy french wine etc)
>>
>>1825649
>bellow
you meant below, right?
>>
>>1825657
I've been out of high-school for 10 years now, but yeah, nice refuting of what I listed there.
>>
File: Hard Question.jpg (10KB, 300x299px) Image search: [Google]
Hard Question.jpg
10KB, 300x299px
> Why the fuck do people participate in degeneration?
>>
>>1825636
But you piss it all out. Calories ain't really the measure when it comes to nutrition what's more important is the mineral, vitamin and fat/protein/carbo content.

I tried drinking very light beer (2.5%) after a whole day of dehydration and it just tasted like poison that still leaves me thirsty.

>>1825632
Heard of that, but you don't get that much of that water into your system.

>>1825641
Only good reason to drink seems to be that you distract yourself from life. Going on 4chan and playing vidya or reading book fills that void purpose for me and many others plenty.
>>
>>1825670
You realize beer's like 99% water, right?
>>
>>1825613
>tastes like shit.

"no"

Also: Life is boring.
>>
>>1825676
What beer do you drink with 1% alcohol?
>>
>>1825613
It's like a magical elixir that makes autism go away. Very useful at parties. I've literally always had at least a bit of alcohol in me every time I've had sex.
>>
>>1825681
Most of it was. I especially hate beer.
>>
File: 1476050540852.png (661KB, 848x900px) Image search: [Google]
1476050540852.png
661KB, 848x900px
The truth is we all drink for different reasons

I drink because I've experienced everything there was to experience, and only saw the internet grow into its worst traits and never mature beyond them. It's the same thing over and over, and it's just getting worse.

One day saying nigger is next the anti defamation league getting involved because redditors and high school students can't handle their political angst and are becoming the modern angry socially isolated korn fans

The left is just into silly shit but everyone from the socially isolated right blows it out of proportion forcing the left to hard stance and become more extreme and forcing the right to do the same

and now this fucking election

This fucking election and the people you chose

You blew it up. God damn you, you blew it up.
>>
>>1825613
>tastes like shit
Stop drinking piss then you fucking american
>>
>>1825676
Nigga if you drink beer you piss most of it out and it goes yellow all the time (losing nutrients).
>>
>>1825613
Because it was cleaner than drinking water way back when. No joke
>>
>>1825702
Lithuanian. Worked at a "good" and "expensive" beer warehouse. Only things that tasted good were the lady sugary "lagoon" shit.
>>
>>1825665
embarrassing desu
>>
File: grGFE1U.jpg (159KB, 985x933px) Image search: [Google]
grGFE1U.jpg
159KB, 985x933px
>>1825613
This but with alcohol
>>
>>1825641
If your life is so bad then just fucking kill yourself. Don't mope about how shit your life is, if it was that bad then you would want to die. People get drunk because it makes everything funnier and you have a good time, that's it.
>>
>>1825613
Obviously OP ins't married.
>>
>>1825664
Sure, why not.
>>
>>1825687
>It's like a magical elixir that makes autism go away. Very useful at parties.
It has the opposite effect on me.
>>
File: 2016-09-13 (2).png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2016-09-13 (2).png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>1825613

https://youtu.be/E_YxauHnpyg

QED
>>
>>1825730
>If your life is so bad then just fucking kill yourself

If you want to do an unhealthy practice to numb yourself from how shitty people like you are why don't you just commit suicide like a healthy person would. I'm against alcohol because it's unhealthy. You should commit suicide because your life is more valuable than alcohol.

>Don't mope about how shit your life is

Fuck you I won't do what you tell me......

>People get drunk because it makes everything funnier and you have a good time, that's it.

Fuck you I won't do what you tell me..........................................
>>
>>1825730
> Then just fucking kill yourself.
Alcohol is pretty good way to do this, what is your point?
>>
Because most people enjoy its effects?
>>
>>1825747

>Commit suicide like a healthy person
>Healthy person

Are you high nigga? Did you mean mentally healthy person committing suicide or committing suicide because it takes more effort because you are health?

I mean either way I would think you'd be drunk.

Also some of our greatest historical figures were drunkards FDR, Benjamin Franklin, Winston Churchill, Stalin.

I mean Hitler hated drinking... Might as well been a Muslim. Look where it got him.
>>
>>1825797
I was being sarcastic you oaf
>>
>>1825806

Sorry. I'm sarcastically impaired when I'm drunk.

Also I've been drinking since 9 this morning.
>>
>>1825732
Fucking this lol

>>1825613
>Look like it's some ritual item that must be consumed to "enjoy yourself". Much like spilling blood of virgins in Aztecs. It sucks, but that's the ritual.

I fail to see how consuming a beverage is the same as killing someone.

You sound like an autist. It tastes good and it's fun in moderation. I personally find that it helps relax after a long week of work.

>Why do people drink coffee, tastes bad.
>Why do people eat ice cream, it tastes ok but is sooooo bad for you.
>Why do people have sex. Jerking it with a vibrating flesh light is better and girls suck

Because fuck you, that's why.
>>
>>1825827
>I fail to see how consuming a beverage is the same as killing someone.
Cause is bloody ritual that sucks u cunt.

It tastes like shit objectively. The effects are left to interpretation.
>>
>>1825877
Get the stick out of your ass
>>
>>1825877
>taste is objective
Back to >>>/ck/ autist.
>>
>>1825717
I hated beer when I was younger. I only drank cider, like all my friends (West Country). But I went on a brewery tour in NZ, and found a beer I liked. That's the thing about beer, everyone has different taste. I absolutely love Doom Bar and Tyskie now, Tyskie is incredible after a shitty day of work.

And Disaronno is nice too.
>>
>>1825613
I can't speak for everybody, but my reasons are:
>Taste. I really enjoy a simple red wine or homemade beer
>Relaxation. I never drink more than a glass or two, so it just aids in relaxation
>Socialization. Hanging out with friends is very enjoyable when you're having a beer and chatting or playing a game

I think historically it's mainly:
>water isn't the safest, especially close to big towns
>social aspects like symposia, religious rites, just having fun
>It's good in/with food. You can use alcohol for medical reasons too.
>>
>>1825613
Beer tastes delicious. You're just drinking the wrong beer. If you ever come to the Prague or Belgium try their beer. Or even Austria/Northern Italy. Lots of great brewers in Europe.
>>
Alcohol could be used to clean water (the same way people boil dirty water now). The Greeks and Romans would have a lot of water to wine (I once read up to 20 to 1, but I take that with a big pinch of salt), unless it's a party or some shit
>>
>>1825613
I dulls my self-concern and doubts. I am not so dull that drinking alcohol makes me stupid.

Win win other than damage to my liver and so on.
>>
>>1825717
Well that's your problem. Slavs like yourself can only run on pure booze, in particular vodka.

You'll need too many beers before getting that urge to wake up with a smile on your face and ready to face the days taks, like beating up your wife, squatting in a stairwell, or shovelling tar all day for a few kopeks.

Silly lithuanian, beer is for civilized people!
>>
>>1825613
It gets you drunk.

/thread
>>
File: LIQUEUR-ARROW-OUZO-200x250.jpg (17KB, 200x250px) Image search: [Google]
LIQUEUR-ARROW-OUZO-200x250.jpg
17KB, 200x250px
>>1825613
Cheer up emo duck. Life's not so bad.

What are the rest of you drinking? Im trying to stay cheap this week. I usually go for more expensive arak or ouzo, but I went with the $10 stuff this week.
>>
>>1825613
>tastes like shit
You have to be 18 to post here
>>
>>1825613
When you aren't underage anymore different alcoholic drinks can become very tasty.

I for myself really love Wine and Whiskey.
>>
Actual answer: Because it was heated and stewed, which meant that you weren't going to sick from drinking it (outside of drinking too much)

Lots of instances in history where people said "I'd rather drink booze than drink from the well"
>>
it's extremely euphoric/fun, increases scoiability and good times, has caloric value, preserves grains, reduces anxiety, helps sleep and boosts confidence

also it gets women naked
>>
I just want to kill myself desu but cant find the real drive to do it so i drown myself in alcohol and books.
>>
>>1826795
What this guy said
It can relax you, act as a social lubricant, ease physical pain or simply send you off into the land of nod. A good beer or wine is also the perfect complement to a meal
There's a difference between enjoying a few glasses of a good Pilsner, stout or whiskey and drinking 10 pints of piss-tasting Carling just to get pissed out of your head
The idea is to drink at a steady pace, so as to maintain that relaxed buzz alcohol gives you, without getting drunk
>>
>>1825613
Looks like we were genetically destined to like beer

http://www.independent.co.uk/environment/nature/chimpanzees-found-routinely-drinking-alcohol-in-wild-10309101.html
>>
>tastes like shit
>>
>>1826748

Red wine 2/3 cut with good well water.
>>
>>1825613
Have you ever actually been drunk, anon? It's pretty great.
>>
>>1826926
Especially when its' spread over several hours, and can maintain the buzz for the rest of the day.
>>
Some people enjoy the taste, and a lot of people enjoy the effects. I don't care for either, so I don't drink, but I guess I can understand why some people do. Honestly I think a large part of it is simply the fact that it's legal; I personally think there are much better drugs for the money, but those are illegal to purchase/consume etc and if you have to pass a drug test then they're really not an option.

Historically, it was probably because the water was shit.
>>
>>1825670
>choosing 4chan and vidya over booze
which one of us is the strange one, anon?
>>
Alcoholic drinks do taste like shit, but you don't drink them for the taste. You drink to get drunk. Being drunk is often better than being sober.

>it's an """"acquired taste""""
This applies to everything that you force yourself to consume on a regular basis.
>>
>>1826084
>lithuanian
>slav
THEY'RE BALTS REEEEE
>>
File: 1455321593799.jpg (6KB, 223x251px) Image search: [Google]
1455321593799.jpg
6KB, 223x251px
>>1827013
>that one autist who can't understand why people like things he doesn't like
>>
File: 1474740415207.png (599KB, 641x640px) Image search: [Google]
1474740415207.png
599KB, 641x640px
Because it tastes good. Seriously, if you can't appreciate the taste of alcohol, you're likely a manchild who can't drink anything other than sugar-laden trash like soda or juices pumped full of high fructose corn syrup and additives.

Also, because it makes you feel good and forget about the bad things.
>>
>>1825683
Medieval beer had incredible low alcohol content. At least when they drank it, it did. They must've watered it down a lot.
>>
File: cato.jpg (10KB, 200x279px) Image search: [Google]
cato.jpg
10KB, 200x279px
>>1825613
>Why the fuck do people drink alcohol?
Alcohol is noble and beautiful and if you disagree you're retarded.

>And much as Wine has played the Infidel
>And robbed me of my robe of doorbell, well ...
>I often wonder what the vintners buy
>One half so precious as the stuff they sell
>>
>>1825755
not really, you have to consume excessive amounts or die of liver failure, which isn't exactly a quick and nice way to go
>>
>>1825613
Alcohol isn't called "liquid courage" for nothing. I decreases inhibition, meaning that many things are easier to deal with inebriated than sober. Daunting work or personal troubles, you handle it better because you just stop worrying and do what you're supposed to.

>makes you stupid
No, it reduces your ability to keep your stupid hidden. A brilliant writer, drunk, will still be a brilliant writer. He may write better, because he'll be more willing to experiment and less inhibited in where he's willing to take his stories. Of course, if he's falling down drunk he won't be writing at all, so he doesn't drink so hard as that. There's such a thing as pacing yourself.

>It doesn't quench thirst
On the contrary, a cold beer on a hot day is very refreshing.
Depending on the kind, it may also have food value; wine contains flavanoids and antioxidants, a screwdriver has Vitamin C, etc. And if the water isn't safe to drink, the cerveza will be.

>and tastes like shit
Alcohol is an acquired taste. If you try not to acquire it, then you surely won't.

You seem to mean alcohol as a social lubricant. Cocktail parties or keggers. It loosens everybody up. In some cultures it provides an opportunity to be improper (like tell off the boss) without consequence (they pretend it was the sake talking).
>>
>>1825613
>bitter things taste bad

You have to be 18 to post here, champ.
>>
File: 1476495095664.png (279KB, 898x790px) Image search: [Google]
1476495095664.png
279KB, 898x790px
>>1825613
>makes you stupid
>>tfw not stupid enough to want to always be smart and be scared of being stupid
>>
>>1825827
>Why do people drink coffee, tastes bad.
>>Why do people eat ice cream, it tastes ok but is sooooo bad for you.
>>Why do people have sex. Jerking it with a vibrating flesh light is better and girls suck
Self-indulgence is the answer to all 3 of these.
>>
>>1825613
This is stretching the board topic.
>>
>>1825613
Reality is for people who can't deal with drugs
>>
>>1825613
Because it feels good? Have you even tried drinking before? Fucking americans, who can't even drink before 21...
>>
>>1825613
I agree OP alcohol is shit, but people are idiots you know how it is.
>>
>>1825961
Tyskie is just another mass-produced run-of-the-mill pilsner-clone . Please tell me it is not 'premium' priced. No offence, I'm glad you found something you like, but it's pretty inoffensive and pleb-tier...
>>
>>1826027
It was taboo in ancient Rome and Greece to be publicly open drunk. Except at a few select festivals, it was considered a barbarous lack of control to get drunk.
>>
>>1826926
I find it much better to be buzzed after a few units of alcohol (1.5 litres of beer or so?) than 'drunk'. It's better to be stoned than all out drunk.
>>
>>1828239
Correct opinion.
>>
>>1825613

t. Ayatollah
>>
>>1825613
Well historically it was a great way to make dirty water safe to drink but those drinks were always very low in alcohol content.
>>
I like beer because some of it is tasty and sometimes the buzz is nice.
>>
because for the longest time life has sucked... alcohol makes the sucking more tolerable

also beer tastes good
>>
Alcohol and bread are two interrelated discoveries
>>
>>1825613
>Spend the day in the field, working
>tired as hell
>you and your mates sit down in the evening to rest and banter
>implying anything besides alcohol would be apropriate >inb4 drugs

Posting shit like this shows you've never labored a day in your life
>>
>>1828496
I've noticed that when I eat some sliced bread (the brown kind) I get swollen up, almost like a beer belly? Maybe that and beer are related?

Also, I thought I'd like getting drunk, but all it is is just dizziness and head spinning.
>>
>>1828547
Drink less
>>
>>1828541
I was born in a Lithuanian village, had 6 hectares of which 2 were fully planted with vegetables like potato and cucumbers. Had to pick weeds and stack hay for all of my summer days. Parents also ran a horse riding business, so when I wasn't picking weeds or mowing down hay I was teaching people how to ride horse and walking on foot after the horse for 20 kilometers every day.
I am a nigger.
>>
>>1828547
Here in Czech Republic beer is such a huge part od our culture it seems almost crazy, but that is the exact reason - si many people work hard every single day and alcohol is a good form of refreshment and allows for easier social interaction across various classes that otherwise don't have much in common.
>>
>>1828557
And you don't understand why people drink?
>>
>>1828558
My Czech brother here gets it
Pozdrav, brate
>>
>>1828576
No. Father used to give me homegrown tobacco to try out smoking and some vodka or wine to try it out, like learn what it is like to be an adult.
Am 20 now don't smoke don't drink cause both taste like shit and expensive, wasting money on something you don't like is stupid.
>>
>It tastes good, at least when the alcohol is below 20%.
>It's fun to be drunk with other people, becuase you do not act rationally
>Historically speaking fermentation acted as desinfection

But yea, there sometimes are people who don't enjoy drinking, but are cucked into it and then they whine on anonymous internet imageboards.

>>1828558
Here in Czech republic beer is not really considered "alcohol".

Hell, I know people who basically don't drink anything else than beer.
>>
>>1828601
`Hey kid. Fermentation has never acted as disinfectation.

Fermentation is a way to preserve food by using controlled spoiling by allowing selected bacteria that isn't harmfull to do the spoiling and add flavor and carbon dioxide.

But all the water used to make beer gets boiled and that's what disinfects the water.
>>
>>1825613
Because it breaks down social barriers, is highly relaxing, and generally results in fun.

Plus I associate it with release. Once I have a beer, my body knows that all the work for the day is done.
>>
>>1825689
t. kiddo
>>
>>1825613
It makes family gatherings easier, trust me.
>>
>>1828795
Interesting point of view, which seems quite widespread these days. I can perfectly see how it is relaxing, however it dims the senses which is why I drink the bare minimum of it during social events. I want to be present and act as myself, not as the """relaxed""" imbibed version.

However, I see wine, and wine only, as an essential complement to a good meal. Would there come to be wines without alcohol capable of rivalizing with good wines, I would switch to them in a heartbeat.
>>
>>1828557
Just need to replace that horse with a donkey, and the cucumbers with watermelon.

>>1828589
It's not about the taste, pleb. I bet you suck back sugary drinks all day.
>>
>>1828787
The alcohol content (if high enough) will also tend to kill most garden variety bothersome bacteria.
>>
>>1828859
>rivalizing
You mean 'rivalling'. Rivalize is not a word, much less verbing it.
>>
>>1825613
Culture, tradition and peer-pressure.

Combined with retarded mass.
>>
>>1825613

no major civilisation ever existed where the combination of bread and beer/vine wasnt a thing

once you have agriculture and mass organisation you need to organise loads of humans and get them to work the fields and build shit, so there would be bread
its easier to do this if they get to drink something after a hard days work, and during it if possible, and so you take part of your agri surplus and turn it into fermented beverages that make people feel better

or if you want a short answer, grab a beer
>>
>>1828994
Beer served as a good safe alternative to water.

On top of being anti-bacterial, it also means you could store it and drink it in the cold winter because it doesnt freeze for the most part.

Also gives warm buzzed feeling during winter/cold too, this helps alleviate coldness to some degree.

In modern city days, alcohol is primarily used by the lower class to drink themselves to death. The rich drink fine wine once in a while/on occassions.
>>
>>1829011
>Beer served as a good safe alternative to water.

Isn't alcohol dehydrating?
>>
>>1829021
Probably in huge amounts, but in small amounts/couple of jugs, it won't do much.
>>
>>1829011
You must be lower-mid class or something like that, right? I am lucky enough to be part of the upper class and trust me, the parties get only wilder and more expensive. Father used to do cocaine with his colleauges and so on. This idea of "civilized rich people" is retarded - and wrong.
>>
>>1825613
Alcohol is the only thing that makes me happy desu.
>>
>>1828985

English is not my first language, but thanks for correcting me, the more you know etc.
>>
>>1829032
Probably depends on place to place, I'm not rich, but I've known handful of rich folks. From my observations of their lifestyle, I don't think they're the "wild party" goer type. They're more the humble/philanthropist type of rich. The party goer lifestyle is usually observed amongst the lower class people from my experience. Its almost a weekly/regular thing even though they cannot afford to do anything else, they'll still go to these for some instinctual reasons.
>>
Playing xbox alone in the dark is a hell of a lot more fun if I'm drinking too. Also beer is great, try drinking something other than natty ice/bud light pisswater.
>>
>>1829021
Alcohol reduces your kidneys' ability to absorb water, and it ends up sending more liquid to your bladder. A couple litres of beer won't make a huge difference in seriously dehydrating you. With harder liquor, that's basically what a hangover is though. Dehydration + accumulation of chemicals that your liver has broken down waiting for your kidney to filter out. Formaldehyde being a main culprit in hangover headaches. The only real way to help a hangover is to drink water (a glass or two before you sleep is about as enough as will be helpful).

>>1829053
I figured. Not trying to shame you, it's a logical construction, just very bizarre and unheard of. Are you German?
>>
>>1825632
This is the most reasonable historical explanation desu
>>
>>1825613
It's tasty as fuck you retard.
>>
>>1829117
Is it really tasty? I've tried plenty of alcohol and none of them taste good. All of them have horrible tastes.

Don't tell me its an "acquired taste".
>>
>>1825613
Alcohol's distillation process removed germs and shit. People didn't figure out purifying water for a large portion of history.
>Tastes like shit
Stop drinking pisswater, faggot
It also is a cure for social anxiety.
>>
>>1829160
>cure for social anxiety
Woah like you could be a billionaire.
>>
>>1829122
>Don't tell me its an "acquired taste".
but it literally is, like all good things. you chicken nugget munching pleb
>>
>>1825641
>severe depression we are all doomed to suffer
That's why I smoke weed.

Alcohol just made it worse.
>>
>>1825877
Taste is never objective.
>>
>>1825613
At first it doesn't taste good no, but people do it any way to get drunk.
Being drunk is amazing, for most people at least. People just getting looser, leading you into situations which you normally wouldn't get into. Being less ashamed of yourself isn't always a bad thing, especially when the people around you are experiencing te same. Feeling less uneasy really allows you to enjoy yourself more.
Eventually you'll start to like the taste of it, perhaps because your body associates it whit the euphoria of drunkenness.
Alcohol has helped me a lot in my life, without it I probably wouldn't be in a relationship right now. I'd also have less friends and less great memories. On top of all this it also helps me sleep.
Financially it hasn't had a positive impact of course, but it consider it easily worth it. Health wise it's to early to take any conclusions.
>>
It does make you stupid, it literally destroys your brain cells. But being switched on 24/7 always thinking and being smart is tiring and makes life boring. Sometimes we need to be stupid to enjoy the small things in life which we look past in our sober smarter states.
>>
>>1825613
>tastes like shit.
Are you fucking twelve or something? Come back to this board when your tastebuds are working, okay?
>>
>>1829122
You keep calling it alcohol. It's beer, you idiot. It's like saying 'protein doesn't taste good'.

I'm sure there is some sugary low ABV alcopop concoction that you would enjoy.
>>
>drinking/eating things that don't taste good just to fit in
top spook, lads.
>>
>>1830009
>implying most of us don't drink when we're totally alone
>implying most of us don't like the taste of beer

stick to Dr.Pepper or whatever, pleb.
>>
>>1830053
top spook, lel
>>
>>1830054
repeating your meme doesn't make it more true, kiddo.
>>
>>1830086
top spook, lel

Just stole his meme.
>>
>>1825613
Do you think only sweet and fatty consumables taste good?

I enjoy taste of bitter coffee and I enjoy taste of a lot of types of alcohol.

Also alcohol is a very enjoyable experience, it's obvious you never got drunk in good company before.
>>
>>1830099
Been drunk as fuak with my military buddies. Only time I enjoyed a party.
>>
>>1830009
>not drinking/eating things that taste good just to be different
sounds like a spook to me
>>
>>1830009
>sour grapes
top kys, lads
>>
>>1825670
>Calories ain't really the measure when it comes to nutrition

You're an idiot.
>>
>>1830210
eat only bread for a year.
You will die.
>>
>all these emperor has no clothes posts
seems /his/ ranks pretty high on the autism charts
>>
>>1830227
It may take more than a year to die, but eventually yea. If it's typical American bread made from enriched bleached white flour, who knows maybe there'd be just enough vitamins to prevent scurvy and other serious malnutrition diseases. If it were European-style whole grain bread, you might fare a little better, but you'd still be missing some vital nutrients so you'd feel like shit and probably start to mentally decline. Either way, your body would start to eat itself for fats and protein until you were a concentration camp victim.

I read a story once about a guy who fasted during lent, consuming ONLY up to a few litres of dark lager per day. Breakfast lunch dinner. Lost several kilos, got tipsy in the mornings, but nothing too bad. IIRC, the worst was getting the squirts (no solids), and when he switched back to normal foods, his digestion was angry with him for a few days.
>>
I didn't know Mormons were allowed on 4chan. You probably go on /pol/ and post about Egg McMuffin
>>
>>1825632
Found the Templar.
>>
>>1825613
Are you going to drink the dirty river water a swede had just shit into, or are you going to drink a lovely glass of fermented honey wine?
>>
>>1825613
"STOP LIKING THINGS I DON'T LIKE!" the post
>>
>>1825613

Back in the day, drinking alcohol was WAY safer than drinking plain water.

You've got to remember that they didn't have water treatment plants back in the day, so any source of local water could be subject to tampering and or pollution by human or animal waste.

Alcoholic drinks were always boiled during the brewing process, which kills nasty shit in the water, and the alcohol inhibits and kills other funky shit. Combine the nutrients found in unfiltered beer, and it suddenly becomes advantageous to consume alcohol over damn near every other beverage.
>>
>>1825613
It doesn't all taste like shit, I drink wine with pretty much all my meals even if I'm eating alone. I just like it. It's not even about autism, depression or sex. Some alcoholic drinks taste genuinely good.
>>
>>1831411
Not if you're 13 years old like OP though.
>>
>>1826905
Really? I'm told the ancients did this because their wine was more like "wine essence"
>>
>>1832560
I think they just drank it all the time; I honestly would suspect that their wine was inferior and watery already without the addition of water. It's funny to think a sommelier would think Romans had plebeian tastes
>>
>>1825632
You literally need to have 60 vol% alcohol to disinfect and preserve water.
>>
>>1825613
because it tastes good, gives you confidence and in many chases makes you funnier.
you would know this if you weren't an asocial manchild
>>
>>1832852
>I need alcohol to be funny and confident
>>
>>1828985
But it actually is though

>>1829053
Ignore this autist who can't speak his own language
>>
>>1832622
It was either wine or water. They didn't have coffee, tea, coke, orange juice, etc. Maybe they were lucky to have mead or juniper-thyme infusions in goat milk and shit like that, but wine was basically the most interesting thing there was.
>>
>>1832937
It IS a word in the sense that English is flexible enough to allow almost any nouns/adjective to take the -ize/-ise word ending. It implies the verb of doing a noun/adjective.

However, it is quite clear that 'rivalize/rivalise' is not the word OP was looking for. Basically, it is never used because one can simply already use 'rival' itself as a verb (rivals, rivalled, rivalling, etc -- with one L or two, depending on your variety of English). Google ngram viewer finds only extremely low hits for the word rivalize/rivalise in its entire corpus ranging from 1500 to 2008. It ranges between 0 and 0.000000400% of its entire corpus. Simply googling the word shows a few archaic or shitty academese (probably by non-natives, from the looks of it) uses. So maybe like 12 people have ever thought to make up the word.

You are ironically using 'autist' incorrectly, even in 4chans' overly broad and now-meaningless sense of the term, for it is far more 'autistic' to assert a rare and unused word is somehow none of those things. You would make OP sound like a fool encouraging him to use a word 99.98% of English speakers would never use.

Now go kindly kill yourself, faggot.

>t. linguist
>>
>>1832879
>people enjoy things
>i do not
>this makes me superior
>>
>>1832879
>autist thinks he is funny
Thread posts: 156
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.