[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Minoan Civilization should be given a lot more respect than

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 10

File: IMG_0089.jpg (114KB, 785x518px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0089.jpg
114KB, 785x518px
The Minoan Civilization should be given a lot more respect than it currently gets. Most people have never heard of them! People consider the Greeks to be the founders of Western Civilization but who knows where they would be without the Minoans. They were conquered by the Mycenaeans but for thousands of years before that, Minoan art and architecture influenced the Mycenaeans which in turn influenced the Greeks. Just look at this Minoan fresco, it looks Greek. The profiles of the ladies adhere to the Greek standard of beauty. The Minoans pioneered use of columns in their palaces to create open, light spaces, which became one of the cornerstones of Greek architecture. Without the Minoans there may have been no Temple of Artemis, the Greek's most iconic structure. The Minoan's writing system is a direct ancestor of the Greek alphabet. And they arrived over 2000 years before the Greeks, Europe's first Civilization. We know so little about these people but I wouldn't be surprised if you could trace a lot more of Greek culture back to them. Fascinating people and not given nearly enough credit for what they did.
>>
File: keitty.jpg (54KB, 600x593px) Image search: [Google]
keitty.jpg
54KB, 600x593px
They were of Turkic origin, though.
>>
>>1824375
No skeletons clearly show they were Homo Sapiens.
>>
File: keity.jpg (39KB, 600x593px) Image search: [Google]
keity.jpg
39KB, 600x593px
>>1824382
?

I thought they were homo sapiens sapiens like us.
>>
>>1824406
Turks are actually Greek. True undisputed fact.
>>
File: canaanitealph.gif (13KB, 507x647px) Image search: [Google]
canaanitealph.gif
13KB, 507x647px
>The Minoan's writing system is a direct ancestor of the Greek alphabet.

???
>>
>>1824370
>They were conquered by the Mycenaeans but for thousands of years before that

500 years being generous

>>1824375
Anatolian, not Turkik
>>
>>1824370
The Greek civilization which later became the basis for Western civilization was born around 800-700 BC centuries after the Mycenaean successor to Minoan civilization had completely collapsed. The new Iron Age Greek civilization was above all influenced by the cultures of the near east; their art and architecture were most influenced by Egypt and to a lesser extent the Levant and Assyria and their writing came from the Phoenicians. What Mycenaean influence did survive was mostly oral culture, but seeing as the Minoans weren't Greek speakers that can't be traced back to them.

Also that painting you posted is almost entirely a modern creation, based only on a few fragments showing their arms and hands. Your picture is blurry but you can make out the fragments from the real thing. The heads and faces are entirely fake.
>>
>>1824456
Sorry, meant to say
>Your picture is blurry but you can distinguish the fragments from the modern 'reconstruction'.
>>
File: krok2.jpg (253KB, 800x610px) Image search: [Google]
krok2.jpg
253KB, 800x610px
>>1824463
You get the point
>>
>>1824476
Yeah, I'm just sick of seeing that picture posted everywhere. It's misleading.

But anyway, I don't see what Minoan art has to do with later Classical Greek art. After the Mycenaean collapse, Greek figural painting basically turned into literal stick-men. It only moved on from this in the Orientalizing period around 700 BC when they started adopting Levantine influences, resulting in a style that looks more Mesopotamian than Minoan. Then in the Archaic period this grew into what we now think of as 'classic' Greek painting.

Greek sculpture likewise grew out of Egyptian models.
>>
>>1824516
They were depcited as darker than Syrians and Libyans by Egyptians for some reason
>>
File: Pylos Lyre Player.jpg (159KB, 1024x693px) Image search: [Google]
Pylos Lyre Player.jpg
159KB, 1024x693px
>>1824516
Hmm..
>>
>>1824567
>Pylos

Those are Myceneans
>>
File: tiamat.jpg (262KB, 800x1099px) Image search: [Google]
tiamat.jpg
262KB, 800x1099px
I wish women could adopt this fashion again.
>>
>>1825178
Men made it illegal to go out with our boobs out.
>>
>>1825220
Not where I live.
>>
>>1825224
Same here. It's legal, but few do it except for parades, protests or at the beach.
>>
>>1824370
Dark skinned men, light skinned women. Is this what all Anatolians looked like?
>>
>>1824516
No, because their women were white. All of them too.

Is this what Proto Indo Europeans looked like?
>>
>>1825366
They werent even indoeuropean for fuck sake
>>
>>1825501
http://www.livescience.com/31983-minoans-were-genetically-european.html

imbecile
>>
>>1825355
no, thats just an artistic convention of the era
>>
I want big minoan titties
>>
>>1825355
Darkness is masculine. Lightness is feminine.

Even today, women tend to produce less melanin than men related to them (men tan better).
>>
>>1825761
Good lord you're so fucking dumb.

INDOEUROPEAN is a LINGUISTIC GROUP, being genetically close to Europeans doesn't mean speaking Indoeuropean you stupid fuck, see Hungarians for instance, Linear A didn't convey an Indoeuropean language most scholars agree with that, Minoans descended from Anatolian farmers just like most European populations before the Indoeuropean horse riders invaded from the steppe and mixed with them, Minoans just stayed isolated for longer due to the fact that they lived in an island and a really long time ago.

Genetic studies put them close to NEOLITHIC europeans, so those European ethnicities that didn't mix with those steppe people who brought Indoeuropean langauges.
>>
>>1824370
>Reminder that they didn't know how babies were made and so they had woman cult.

http://www.rwaag.org/minoan#Wome
>>
>>1827173
kek
>>
File: tiddies.jpg (123KB, 1024x952px) Image search: [Google]
tiddies.jpg
123KB, 1024x952px
>>1824370
TIDDIES
>>
>>1824375
Stop spreading these lies. Their language was thought to be of middle-Anatolic origin, which was proven false.
Genetically they are related to white populations of middle Europe/northern Balkan, which is obvious because they came from the mainland.
>>
>>1827173
Literally every culture except West Eurasian pastoralists were woman-worshiping cucks.

Civilization is a direct consequence of woman worship.
>>
>>1828416
They are related to Cretans of course and to bronze Age Sardinians
>>
zozzle
>>
>>1828421
>uncivilized people build a bunch of thicc venuses
>Romans literally decorate their homes with marble dicks
>>
>>1825355
Women powered themselves in white lead back then to look more pale. Guys worked outside, hence the tan.
>>
>>1824375
Someone ban this autistic retard already.
>>
>>1829938
R e a l l y
M a k e s
Y o u
T h i n k
>>
mememe
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.