[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Who is Napoleon >Who is Ambrosio Spinola >Who is Andre

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5

>Who is Napoleon
>Who is Ambrosio Spinola
>Who is Andre Massena
>Who is Antoine Jomini
>Who is Raimondo Montecuccoli
>Who is Eugene of Savoy
>Who is Guglielmo Embriaco
>Who is Ilic Ali
>Who is Giulio Douhet
>Who is Amedeo Giulet
>Who is Ottavio Piccolomini
>Who is Alexander Farnese
>Who is Joseph Gallieni
>Who is Garibaldi
>Who is Benvenuto Cellini
>Who is Luigi Palma di Cesnola
>Who is John Basilone
>Who is Luigi Rizzo
>Who is Vittorio Cuniberti
>Who is Charles Emmanuel I, Duke of Savoy
>Who is Alessandro dal Borro
>Who is Aeneas de Caprara
>Who is Carlo Zeno
And the list goes on.

I don't know what your guys' obsession is with feeling like people with Italian blood are somehow biologically incapable of war, when they have clearly produced some of the finest military men in history.
What I have noticed is that Italians seem to perform extremely well when not fighting around or commanding other Italians. Perhaps they are a bad influence on each other.
But its simply ludicrous to say that Italian people sucked at war when very few groups have people have made such amazing and staggering impacts on war in history, perhaps rivaled only by the French

and finally

>Who are the Romans

"WE WUZ" memes aside, there is very little if any at all genetic differences between the Roman peoples of old and modern day Italians. If you are an R1b male, more particularly an R1b U152 from Italy, you in all likelihood descend from the founding tribe of Rome. If the modern Greeks get to keep the ancient Greeks with pride. So do modern Italians.

Lets celebrate and talk about the glory of Italian military history rather than memes here.
>>
File: 1475706912124.jpg (10KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
1475706912124.jpg
10KB, 184x184px
>>1822439
>Napoleon
>Italian
>>
>>1823516
This!
>>
>>1822439
>Almost none of them fought for Italy
>>
>>1822439
Okay bro we get it, you've got a small dick and want to compensate by bragging about your ethnicity.
>>
Napoleon was greek you stupid pizza.
>>
>lead with Napoleon who was not even Italian
>rest of the list is a bunch of literally who's that only an Italian would ever learn about
>>
-Napoleon
-Spinola
-Eugene of Savoy
-Farnese
-Garibaldi
The only relevants
>>
>>1823575
I mean Giulio Douhet? All he did was point out how poor prepared for a modern war Italian Military was in the 20th Century.

Which was obvious.

Yet is this anon on this list?
>>
>>1823581
>how poor prepared for a modern war Italian Military was in the (Insert Number above 4 Here) Century.
>>
>>1822439
>Who is Eugene of Savoy

Not Italian, that's for sure.
>>
>>1823581
>All he did was point out how poor prepared for a modern war Italian Military was in the 20th Century.
Nobody was prepared for modern war though. Most countries had to shift their priorities on the go during the war itself and were largely carried by economies and not generals.
>>
File: Romancoloniae.jpg (89KB, 647x452px) Image search: [Google]
Romancoloniae.jpg
89KB, 647x452px
>>1822439
Napoleon was corsican not Italian, and he was educated by the french.

Also most of the italians aren't roman descents since the romans mostly colonized central Italy, Greece, Gaul, Hispania and Britain.
>>
>>1823593
Oh I think at least one country was prepared.

Looking at you Austria-Hungary
>>
>a Frenchman
>a bunch of literally whos
>ancient Romans
>some incorrect haplofaggotry (France, Spain, Britain, and the Netherlands have more R1b blood than Italy)

Wow I never realised just how pathetic Italians really are at war. Thanks OP.
>>
>>1823516
>>1823520

Both of his parents were Tuscan
>>
>>1823621
>Not knowing who Prince Eugene of Savoy was.
I bet you're the kind of asshole who takes the European side of Turkish/Balkan shitposting wars. How dare you do not know Eugene of Savoy.
>>
File: Birth of Venus.jpg (319KB, 1200x754px)
Birth of Venus.jpg
319KB, 1200x754px
>>1822439
>Use a Corsican
>Don't use Pico della Mirandola
>Don't use Da Vinci
>Don't use Michelangelo
>Don't use Dante
>Don't use Enrico Dandolo
>Don't use Machiavelli
>Don't use Marsilio Ficino
>Don't use Mussolini
>Don't use Botticelli
>Don't use Canaletto
Wew lad
>>
>>1823525
What difference does that make... did you read the post? They are Italian. Italians probably just dont fight as well with Italians.
>>
>>1823547
actually he was Turkish
>>
>>1823570
Napoleon was literally from Tuscan minor nobility you dingus.
>>
>>1823581
He also basically was the sole pioneer of aerial warfare and came up with concepts such as aerial bombardment, strategic bombing, and WMDs in the early 1900s
>>
>>1823589
Yes he was actually. Look at his geneology
>>
>>1823602
He was of Tuscan nobility. He was 100 percent Italian by blood. And you are right. Most Italians aren't. However if you are an R1b U152 from Italy you are likely a descendent.
>>
>>1823602
Praise Allah, Andalusian's were pure Romans.
>>
>>1823621
http://www.eupedia.com/genetics/italian_dna.shtml
>"Italic tribes conquered the whole peninsula, but settled most heavily in northern and central-west Italy, especially in the Po Valley and Tuscany, but also in Umbria and the Latium, who both owe their names to Italic tribes (the Umbrians and the Latins). In all logic, the ancient Romans, from the original founders of Rome to the patricians of the Roman Republic, should have been essentially R1b-U152 people. Intermarriages with their Etruscan and Greek neighbours would have gradually brought other lineages too to the Roman gene pool (see below).

An additional clue that the inhabitants of the Roman Republic still belonged predominantly to R1b-U152 comes from the modern population in the cities they founded. It is remarkable that most of the cities founded during the Roman Republic by Roman colonists in northern Italy (Alba, Aosta, Asti, Bologna, Brescia, Casale Monferrato, Cremona, Ferrara, Forlì, Ivrea, Lodi, Massa, Milan, Modena, Monza, Parma, Pavia, Piacenza, Pistoia, Pollenzo, Reggio Emilia, Rimini, Sarzana, Torino, Tortona) are located in the areas with the highest incidence of R1b-U152 (and lowest incidence of E1b1b and J2) today. Only a handful of Roman colonies were set up in north-east Italy (Aquileia, Belluno, Pordenone, Vicenza), four in the Marches (Ancona, Macerata, Pesaro and Senigallia), and not a single one in the modern region of Liguria."

Alrighty
>>
>>1823694
Napoleon was 100 percent Tuscan by heritage. He was more Tuscan than Corsican in terms of genealogy
>>
>>1823694
Most of these arent military leaders...
>>
>perhaps rivaled only by the French
dream on mate
>>
>>1823650
>>1823655
It's not blood that make Italians inept, but culture
Napoleon was raised in French culture and Eugene was raised in German culture
>>
>>1824470
So you think that Italians are fundamentally just as capable of military greatness as everyone else is provided they are raised in proper circumstances?
I think I can definitely agree with that. Italian culture does place a high emphasis on laziness and hedonism.
I thought Eugene was raised French but served the Aurstrians?
>>
>>1824479
>I thought Eugene was raised French but served the Aurstrians?

Maybe
Don't know much about him other than that he served in the >Holy >Roman Army
>>
>>1824422
>Only a handful of Roman colonies were set up in north-east Italy
That's because the area was already populated by the veneti, another italic tribe that was already allied with Rome since the early republican period. Colonies were set up on land conquered from enemies. Also Vicenza and Belluno are preroman venetic cities.
>>
>>1824489
Did you read the rest of it
>>
>>1824501
I don't see how the rest of it falsifies my post?
>>
>>1824510
That the founding tribes/patrician class of Rome was likely to be R1b U152
>>
>>1824515
I wasn't arguing that tho, I'm merely stating that the reason for the lack of roman colonies in the north east is not lack of settlement (Patavium and Altinum were two of the biggest cities of Italy in roman times) but the result of previous urban settlements already being present in the region. Also stating that Vicenza and Belluno weren't fucking colonies anon, they predate the area's romanization.
>>
>>1824528
my mistake
>>
>>1824515
>haplotypes
>>
>>1824611
?? what
>>
>>1822439
>getting this triggered from memes
W E W
E
W
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_of_Lauria

Roger of Lauria

The greatest medieval naval commander of them all was a Neapolitan Italian as well. He drew out and beat the French Navy 6 times and destroyed French Mediterranean Naval Supremacy
>>
>>1824383
Well, that explains his small penis then.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/napoleon-s-penis-size-confirmed-channel-4-documentary-calls-the-artifact-very-small-9235101.html

All greeks have thick and hard megacocks.
>>
>>1826989
>hey, the two century old mummified flaccid penis of that guy is small by living man erection standard!
>let's make an article about it

British press in a nutshell
Anyway Napoleon was incinerated, so I doubt it's really his penis they have
>>
>>1823575
>ignoring the best french marshal of the Revolutionary and early Napoleonic Wars
>>
>>1826989
>http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/napoleon-s-penis-size-confirmed-channel-4-documentary-calls-the-artifact-very-small-9235101.html

He fucked more pussy than you ever will and probably anyone else has save for a handful of people.
Im sure he didnt give a fuck
>>
>>1827111
What made Messena so great?
>>
>>1827122
Took the collapsing italian front, pushed it over the alps into Italy and paved the way for Napoleons great campaigns there, while continuing to be his best sub commander; rescued his ass at the final battle of Rivoli, which won the war.

Took over in Switzerland in the second war when the main french armies had been defeated and prevented an invasion of France, proceded to defeat the main coalition army and kicked the Russians out of the war.
Held Genua against impossible odds at the later half of the year and allowed Napoleon the time to bring his army to Italy, with the Austrians confessing later that the italian campaign was won at Genua.

Commanded the italian theatre in the Third Coalition War and hold it against the largest of the austrian armies, allowing Napoleon to defeat his enemies at Austerlitz (which would not have been possible with Italy collapsing to an austrian invasion)

Took command in the Fifth Coalition War, where he was the central figure at Aspern/Essling and maybe the one who won Wagram for Napoleon, the largest and most bloody battle to that date.
(he took later command in spain against his will and didnt really care and was too old, and fared badly there, so its not all sunshine)

He was without any doubt one of the best marshals and it was exactly someone like him -a guy who has the strategic oversight to get shit done without Napoleon micromananing everything for him- that was sorely missing in later campaigns, where french marshals again and again embarrassed themself once they had indipendent command.
>>
>>1827179
What about Davout? You often hear about him being considered the greatest Marshal. How would yousay they compare?

Murat was supposed to be pretty amazing as well, how did Massena and him compare as well?
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.