[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Buddhism says all suffering comes from desire, however, I believe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

File: my feel when.gif (407KB, 535x480px) Image search: [Google]
my feel when.gif
407KB, 535x480px
Buddhism says all suffering comes from desire, however, I believe that this is not the case.

I'd go further and say that all suffering comes from conformity: the father of desire.

What do you think?
>>
File: anime was a mistake.gif (128KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
anime was a mistake.gif
128KB, 600x337px
All suffering comes from the neet lifestyle.
>>
File: pep.jpg (125KB, 551x600px) Image search: [Google]
pep.jpg
125KB, 551x600px
>>1821481
How did I reach Nirvana then lel
>>
File: shangrila.jpg (28KB, 600x465px) Image search: [Google]
shangrila.jpg
28KB, 600x465px
>>1821504
You didn't, you created an illusion of it based of the neet dharmachakra to try and end the cycle to find the path supreme.

But all you found was another season of K-On!.
>>
>>1821439
>be at least numerically wise, an adult

>Still watch childrens cartoons

Stay on your containment board please

>>>/a/
>>
>>1821519
Truly a wise sensei.

What difference does one's path make however?
>>
File: regund.jpg (82KB, 800x513px) Image search: [Google]
regund.jpg
82KB, 800x513px
>>1821548
Once all the five senses are one and the neet mind is still you will know.
>>
You cannot confront suffering from the place of non-suffering, in a bubble.

You are still eating out the trash can of ideology.
>>
>>1821597
How am I when I've gone through more suffering than most people have in their lives? That I've finally came to accept peace within nothing.

How is that not genuine?
>>
>>1821623
>How am I when I've gone through more suffering than most people have in their lives?
t. white person
>>
>>1821643
Suffering is relative so yes, t. white person.
>>
>>1821643
maybe he is a shark male in the body of a white gurl, how can u be so insensitive?? How could you know the amount of suffering he went through??
>>
>>1821652
You're right, it is relative

Your suffering where you have internet connection is paltry, relative to starving Bengali and impoverished Moldovans

Relative to them, you're a spoiled NEET
>>
>>1821652
When you say that you've suffered more than the majority of humanity, you're making an objective claim.
>>
File: burning monk.jpg (139KB, 1200x802px) Image search: [Google]
burning monk.jpg
139KB, 1200x802px
>>1821623

If you do nothing to help alleviate the suffering of others, than you too are suffering from a self-centered ideology. You have deluded yourself into believing that you alone have suffered more than most people, when in reality everyone suffers more than they let on to believe. It is not a Suffering Olympics, you do not win a prize by stating that you suffered so much. You still cling to the ego, the I, the Me, and the Mine. How can you have achieved enlightenment if you have only fed your ego?

You fail to recognize that you're suffering from your own individualistic view of the world. Buddha did not only address his own suffering, he addressed others as well.
>>
>>1821689
>you're making an objective claim
>(of a person or their judgment) not influenced by personal feelings or opinions in considering and representing facts.
"historians try to be objective and impartial"
synonyms: impartial, unbiased, unprejudiced, nonpartisan, disinterested, neutral, uninvolved, even-handed, equitable, fair, fair-minded, just, open-minded, dispassionate, detached, neutral
"I was hoping to get an objective and pragmatic report"

what school did you go to for your english?
>>
>>1821439
how does conformity father desire?
>>
>>1821504
You do not "reach" nirvana, faggot
You can onl "accomplish" nirvana
>>
>>1821439
The desire to conform, perhaps. Desire is bigger than mere conformity.

The desire the rebel is also the source of much suffering. Especially in my own ego-driven life.
>>
>>1821439
I think you don't make any sense.
Come back in 10 years time when you have matured enough as to at least figure out the meaning of words. Then I can begin to explain why you're wrong.
>>
>>1821697
What school did you go to? If you're admitting your claim is subjective, which it is, where are the grounds of your claim of "going through more suffering than most people"?

You've no proof you've "suffered more than most". In fact, I bet someone could argue that based on your socio-economic conditions, you've probably had an easier life than most.

I'm willing to play games, and there's no problem with a pathetic white male NEET whining about how hard his life is; but when he's said he had it tougher than most, that's bullshit.

I imagine you won't let this go though.
>>
>>1821439

desire comes from suffering, suffering comes from desire

they are one and the same

some people are pussies and can't handle it, some of them become Buddhists
>>
>>1821694
>help alleviate the suffering of others

this breaks the karmic cycle, you will take their reward from them.

as if that were true.
>>
>>1821694
I genuinely try to help every person I come across and talk to because most of the time I know the pain they're going through and have went through that myself.

Why would I not spread something as lovely as the inner peace I've found?
>>
>>1821918

because that peace is not meant for everybody

mind your own business
>>
>>1821643
>>>/tumblr/
>>
>>1821439
>I'd go further and say that all suffering comes from conformity: the father of desire
It's ridiculously easily to poke holes in this.

Contrarily, it's difficult to objectively disprove desire->suffering, which leads me to believe you're wrong. Certainly many actions are based on a desire FOR conformity or a sense of belonging, but that would also mean that the desire for conformity is a desire and therefore cannot be caused by conformity. I'm not even sure how something can be caused by conformity as opposed to an urge or desire to conform.
>>
>>1821439
you're just throwing words aroun
>>
>>1821439

Every day I feel the desire to pee. I indulge this desire, only to have the cycle repeat.

Shit's annoying, but I'm not sure it's conforming.
>>
File: sorry2.png (603KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
sorry2.png
603KB, 1000x1500px
All suffering comes from existing.
>>
>>1821588
I'm actually starting to like you now...
>>
>>1821439
I think you're dumb.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.