[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me a bedtime story about the Liberation of Istanbul from

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 8

File: tengri guide my dreams.png (12KB, 426x364px) Image search: [Google]
tengri guide my dreams.png
12KB, 426x364px
Tell me a bedtime story about the Liberation of Istanbul from corrupt christians, /his/.
>>
File: 1476373973401.jpg (198KB, 600x444px) Image search: [Google]
1476373973401.jpg
198KB, 600x444px
>>1821288
Once there was an ugly Ottoman.
He was so ugly that everyone died.
The end.
>>
File: fury of dengri.png (16KB, 426x364px) Image search: [Google]
fury of dengri.png
16KB, 426x364px
>>1821325
I don't like your story!
>>
>>1821338
:(
>>
>>1821288
The Orthodox are NICE PEOPLE, YOU UNDERSTAND TURK BOI
>>
>>1821325
>Implying that all the ottomans are not ugly
>>
>>1821288
>Preparations for the final assault were started in the evening of 26 May and continued to the next day.[78] For 36 hours after the war council decision to attack, the Ottomans extensively mobilized their manpower in order to prepare for the general offensive.[78]

>Shortly after midnight on May 29 the all-out offensive began. The Christian troops of the Ottoman Empire attacked first, followed by the successive waves of the irregular azaps, who were poorly trained and equipped, and Anatolians who focused on a section of the Blachernae walls in the northwest part of the city, which had been damaged by the cannon. This section of the walls had been built earlier, in the eleventh century, and was much weaker.

>The Anatolians managed to breach this section of walls and entered the city but were just as quickly pushed back by the defenders. Finally, as the battle was continuing, the last wave, consisting of elite Janissaries, attacked the city walls. The Genoese general in charge of the land troops,[3][54][55] Giovanni Giustiniani, was grievously wounded during the attack, and his evacuation from the ramparts caused a panic in the ranks of the defenders.[81] Giustiniani was carried to Chios, where he succumbed to his wounds a few days later.

>With Giustiniani's Genoese troops retreating into the city and towards the harbor, Constantine and his men, now left to their own devices, kept fighting and managed to successfully hold off the Janissaries for a while, but eventually they could not stop them from entering the city. The defenders were also being overwhelmed at several points in Constantine's section. When Turkish flags were seen flying above a small postern gate, the Kerkoporta, which was left open, panic ensued, and the defense collapsed, as Janissary soldiers, led by Ulubatlı Hasan pressed forward.
>>
>>1821774

>It is said that Constantine, throwing aside his purple regalia, led the final charge against the incoming Ottomans, perishing in the ensuing battle in the streets just like his soldiers. On the other hand, Nicolò Barbaro, a Venetian eyewitness to the siege, wrote in his diary that it was said that Constantine hanged himself at the moment when the Turks broke in at the San Romano gate.

>Mehmed II had promised to his soldiers three days to plunder the city, to which they were entitled.[83][84] Soldiers fought over the possession of some of the spoils of war.[85] According to the Venetian surgeon Nicolò Barbaro "all through the day the Turks made a great slaughter of Christians through the city". According to Philip Mansel, thousands of civilians were killed and 30,000 civilians were enslaved or deported; Christians floating in the sea "like melons along a canal".[52]
>>
File: dengri.png (13KB, 426x364px) Image search: [Google]
dengri.png
13KB, 426x364px
>>1821774
>>1821781
wow, Turks really were righteous and just in the liberation and treated the captured corrupt christians with respect

İyi geceler
>>
>>1821794
Tsargrad will be ours
>>
File: IMG_0064.png (546KB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0064.png
546KB, 1334x750px
>Orthodox Christians are given 4 out of 5 of the cities of the pentarchy
>End up losing each and every one
>>
Mehmed knew he must strike again before the attack faltered. Now, if ever, his paid soldiers needed to earn their keep. Riding forward on his horse, he urged his troops to prove themselves as heroes. Clear orders were issued and Mehmed himself personally led the men at a steady pace to the edge of the ditch. It was still an hour to sunrise, but the stars were fading and "the blackness of the night was drawing towards dawn"

They stopped at the ditch. Then he ordered "bowmen, slingers and rifle men to stand at a distance and shoot to the right at those defending the stockade and battered outer wall" A firestorm swept towards the walls: "there were so many culverins and arrows being fired that it was impossible to see the sky"

The defenders were forced to duck beneath the stockade under the "rain of arrows and other projectiles falling like snowflakes" At another signal the infantry advanced with "a loud and terrifying war cry" "not like Turks but like lions" They pressed toward the stockade propelled on a huge wall of sound, the ultimate psychological weapon of Ottoman armies, so loud that it could be heard on the Asian shore, five miles from their camp. The sound of drums and pipes, the shouts and exhortations of their officers, the thunderous roll of the cannon and the piercing cries of men themselves calculated both to liberate their adrenaline and to shatter the nerve of the enemy -- all had their desired effect.
>>
File: King_Suleiman.jpg (66KB, 800x420px) Image search: [Google]
King_Suleiman.jpg
66KB, 800x420px
>>1821854
...amazing.
>>
>>1821826
It was a pretty good idea at the time considering that the Western half got completely rekt. You can't really blame Diocletian for not anticipating the Muslim invasion.
>>
File: Şehsuvar,_wife_of_Abdulmecid.jpg (92KB, 798x604px) Image search: [Google]
Şehsuvar,_wife_of_Abdulmecid.jpg
92KB, 798x604px
>>1821766
>>
>>1822115
my favoutire poster
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.