[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>horned helmets would be impractical bro ;) I love when some

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: Horned_helmet.jpg (419KB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Horned_helmet.jpg
419KB, 1920x1280px
>horned helmets would be impractical bro ;)

I love when some tard with no actual knowledge about history tries to be an expert.
>>
>>1819516
Where do you think a blow to your head would go?
Would it be diverted and skid off like with a rounded helmet?
No those horns are going to funnel those blows to the top of your stupid little head:)
>>
>>1819520
Yet people wore them. Keep theorycrafting kiddo.
>>
>>1819520
What if it was a cone with many spikes?

Surely a standard dome helmet isn't as effective as it could be.
>>
>>1819520
How does it matter? Swag back then mattered more than your pussy optimization that would be an unsignificant advantage in battle, instead you wear your horned helmet and fuck shit up
>>
>>1819516
Using this lackluster bait
>>
>>1819516
Style always was in competition with effectiveness. Even later uniforms were not always practical
>>
>>1819516
They would be impractical, but this shouldn't neccessarily be an argument to say that they weren't be used.
People have this strange idea in their heads that people never marched to battle wearing something impractical.
Basically this>>1819540
>>
>>1819573
Humans as consistently rational and narrowly self-interested agents who pursue their subjectively-defined ends optimally.
>>
>>1819598
>Humans
>consistently rational
>>
File: sardinian.jpg (46KB, 427x640px) Image search: [Google]
sardinian.jpg
46KB, 427x640px
>>1819516
Horned helmets were a thing
>>
Correct me if i'm wrong, but aren't those helmets mainly used on a ceremonial context?

I.E not in battle?
>>
>>1819520
Nigga those fuckers fought naked, you think they gave a fuck about pussy ass blows to the head
>>
>>1820230
>Correct me if i'm wrong, but aren't those helmets mainly used on a ceremonial context?
That is a conspiracy theory that so far hasn't been proven right. Even the stoned monkey theory has more evidence.
>>
File: sherden.png (263KB, 800x420px) Image search: [Google]
sherden.png
263KB, 800x420px
>>1820230
They were used in battle too
>>
>>1819540
This.

Practicality only overtook style in the mid 20th century.
>>
>>1819540
The Fambouyant styles were so you could see your teamates through black powder smoke.
>>
>>1820248
Source please?
>>
>>1820270
Of the picture*
>>
>>1820270
>>1820272
The battle of the delta, sea peoples attacking Egypt by ship during the 12th century bc, the fresco is located in the Medinet Habu temple

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sea_Peoples
>>
>>1820236
this is a good point.
We look back at them and wonder at their lack of technological foresight, as it really comes down to it, they are probably scoffing at our weakness.
>>
>>1820277
Thank you
>>
>>1819520
Decorative armor is a war tactic. Some people paint themselves color. Some people beat their drums to sound like thunder. They're tactics to scare the opposite side. Could you imagine if you were a roman, and some crazy lunatic came after you with a horned helmet. I'd be afraid.
>>
>>1819520
It doesn't even matter where the blows go. If someone swings their weapon with any force, and it hits the horn, you'll be left with a severe case of torn neck muscle or spinal neck injury that would incapacitate you at the least.
>>
>>1819669

I think he was trying to illustrate how utterly divorced from reality homo rationalis is.
>>
>>1820291
If they're so strong how come we're alive and they're dead?
>>
>>1820462
kek'd
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.