[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If JFK lived and served 2 terms, is it possible that LBJ would

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

If JFK lived and served 2 terms, is it possible that LBJ would be the democratic nominee in 1968 and end up becoming president anyway?
>>
>>1817477
maybe. He was alpha as fuck and ambitious.
His health was really bad (died in 1973 at 64) tho
>>
>>1817477
Probably not. You have to remember that JFK was assassinated in fall of 1963 and was still mulling over sending troops to Vietnam in the Spring of '64 based on JSOC, CIA and McNamara's advice. With the election of '64 on the line and with your assumption of Kennedy winning in '64, he can't back down on Communism in SEA and least of all in Vietnam. In short, he could run against Nixon in '68 (he likely wouldn't just like in real life) and he would lose because he was an old Cold Warrior. Brings up an interesting question though: With Kennedy surviving into '64, if, when, and how does the Civil Rights Act get passed?
>>
>>1817592
dude drank and smoke a ton

I donno if it's true but I've read he quit while he was president but the first thing he did after he left office was light up. He grew out his hair too before he died
>>
File: le bj.jpg (28KB, 320x464px) Image search: [Google]
le bj.jpg
28KB, 320x464px
>>1817809
yup. No president gives me feels like LBJ
>Forty years ago this month, Lyndon Johnson was agonized to know that Americans thought of him as the architect not of equal rights and Medicare but the hated Vietnam War. Feeling like an unappreciated outcast, the ex-president, often depressed, repeatedly listened to Simon & Garfunkel’s “Bridge Over Troubled Water.” It sounds incredible that LBJ should be attracted to that anthem by the passionately antiwar singers, until you remember the lyrics: “When you’re weary, feeling small, when tears are in your eyes… And friends just can’t be found…”

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/lbjs-last-interview/
>>
>>1817616
Kennedy worked on the civil rights act, and was giving speeches and press releases about why it needs to happen and be passed just before he was shot. Id suspect that, should he not have been shot, he'd pull it through the congress kicking and screaming in the same way LBJ did, and I'd even argue that LBJ's motivation for doing it in the way he did came from Kennedy.
>>
>>1818361
LBJ brute forced it by using Kennedy's death to his advantage. There were plenty of people in the Congress and the Senate that refused to pass it for various reasons. Southerners for obvious reasons and Goldwater Republicans on grounds of freedom of association and state self-determination. I don't see Kennedy passing the CRA the way Johnson did by any means, least of all in an election year.
>>
>>1818816
>There were plenty of people in the Congress and the Senate that refused to pass it for various reasons
Prior to the assassination* I mean.
>>
He got the niggers voting democrat.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.