[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

the American Civil War was never about slavery as a morally wrong

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: US Civil War.jpg (67KB, 598x250px) Image search: [Google]
US Civil War.jpg
67KB, 598x250px
the American Civil War was never about slavery as a morally wrong practice

First and foremost was about State Rights and the Centralization of Power by the Federal Government
Northern Capitalist fighting against Souther Slaveholders for Lobbying Power
Slavery has the source of wealth for the Southern Slaveholders, the richest men in the country at the begining of the war and major financers of the Confederate States

If Lincoln loved slaves so much why did his declaration of freedom of slaves only applied to the confederate states?
>>
>>1816015

great post
>>
>>1816008

> muh states rights
> specifically rights involving the ownership of slaves
>>
File: more honorable turk.jpg (17KB, 229x220px) Image search: [Google]
more honorable turk.jpg
17KB, 229x220px
>>1816061
Hey, I am just following the agenda since we have this thread every single day while Americans think anyone care or should care about their """""history""""".

Hell, not even new generation of Americans give a shit about what your forefathers did when you can follow the history of Brangelina and the great Battle of Custody over their kids.
>>
>>1816073
Hi there!
You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of 4chan are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!
Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bait to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!
>>
It was partly about slavery, and apparently most of the soldiers on both sides considered is such as well.
>>
>>1816008
>If Lincoln loved slaves so much why did his declaration of freedom of slaves only applied to the confederate states?

Because preserving the union was a higher priority.

If the war wasn't about slavery, why did the confederate states say it was? If Lincoln wasn't really anti-slavery, why did he speak against it for his entire career? Why was the south so afraid he would end it that they started a civil war?
>>
>>1816008
http://capitalismmagazine.com/2005/08/lincolns-emancipation-proclamation-the-end-of-slavery-in-america/

>Since the 1960s, it has been fashionable in some quarters to take cheap shots at Lincoln, asking such questions as “Why didn’t he free all the slaves?” “Why did he wait so long?” “How come the Emancipation Proclamation didn’t just come right out and say that slavery was wrong?”

>People who indulge themselves in this kind of self-righteous carping act as if Lincoln was someone who could do whatever he damn well pleased, without regard to the law, the Congress, or the Supreme Court. They might as well criticize him for not discovering a cure for cancer.
>>
>>1816073
>f Brangelina and the great Battle of Custody over their kids.
kek
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.