[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did Israel manage to capture territory from three different

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 123
Thread images: 13

File: Six_Day_War_Territories.svg.png (105KB, 682x1023px) Image search: [Google]
Six_Day_War_Territories.svg.png
105KB, 682x1023px
How did Israel manage to capture territory from three different nations? And in only six days?

(please check your bigotry at the door)
>>
>>1815568
First of all they had the element of surprise since it was a preemptive strike, second their enemies' armies were not only not as advanced but also very unorganized
>>
Arabs are embarrassingly bad at war. Some dude who works for the state department wrote a whole treatise on it that gets posted her time to time.
>>
Modern Muslim armies are notorious for lacking tactical flexibility and initiative in their officer corps and chain of command, so when the Israeli's struck they were caught completely off balance. After all, this wasn't supposed to happen in their plan
>>
isn't the sinai a whole lotta nothing?
>>
>>1815607
it's got religious importance to a lot of people
>>
>>1815568
>preemptive strike
Israel knew they were attacking, and beat them to the punch, keeping momentum in their favor.

Total lack of communication and coordination between the Arab armies. Jordan didn't communicate with Egypt who didn't talk to Syria, it was a nightmare with how non-existent their communication was.

Also no defensive lines were set up in advance by the Arabs to halt an Israeli advance, so once Israel broke the battle line, it was a clear march across the Sinai.
>>
>>1815633
My understanding is that none of them actually was preparing to strike. Egypt mobilized due to meddling by the Soviet Union giving them false intel on Israel
>>
>>1815618
It has about as much religious significance to Jews as Springfield, Missouri has to Mormons
>>
>>1815652
I don't follow. I know there were Mormon skirmishes that took place in Missouri but I can't find anything about Springfield specifically.
>>
>>1815604
>Modern Muslim armies

You mean Arab armies.
>>
>>1815599

I remember reading that, something about how Arab culture being deeply tribalist (because their custom of marrying cousins keeps strong families strong), indifferent to sharing information (leading to officers keeping unimportant but morale-weakening secrets from their men) and their shame culture (opposed to our guilt culture) which makes leaders unwilling to take risks and unable to shoulder responsibility for failures.
>>
>>1815599
So what has made Arabs' warfighting ability decline from where it was during the early Muslim conquests to the sorry state it is now?
>>
File: keitty.jpg (54KB, 600x593px) Image search: [Google]
keitty.jpg
54KB, 600x593px
>>1815568
You act like this is the first war Israel had beaten the shit out of Arabs.

Before that was the War with the Arab league right after the partition when the great "Holy army of Arabia" got its shit pushed in and then came the Suez crisis against Egypt.
At that point Jews were pretty much used to Arab shenanigans and with the guidance of T-ngri could defeat them easily. And then followed the War of Attrition and the Yom Kippur war which were similar sad stories for modern Arab warfare.

Maybe next time the Arabs wont lick anglo ass so easily in favour of superior Ottoman sunnism and Ottoman Palestine would still exist without Arabs being known to have some of the worst armies in the world.
>>
>>1815839
Fucking Mongols killing everyone there and burning every single relevant town, city, oasis or shrine down.

It was nothing then a playground for others (including other muslim powers like Persia or Ottoman Turkey) since then.
>>
>>1815839
Rule by foreign nations for like 7 centuries who never used Arabs as soldiers
>>
File: koffir.jpg (25KB, 250x201px) Image search: [Google]
koffir.jpg
25KB, 250x201px
>>1815938
Arabs were irrelevant even before the Mongols and the Abbasids were nothing more than a puppet state in Baghdad to the superior Seljuks to use whenever they wanted to call themselves the "true islamic rulers".

You faggots lost your way when you allowed the Abbasid revolution to happen so that disgusting shias and persians were allowed more power and fragment the kaliphat to the point that the entire thing broke up into smaller emirates and meme kaliphats like the buyids and fatimids.
>>
>>1815938
wasn't Persia also immensely buttfucked by the Mongols? How did they rise above it all (if what I said is true) and arabs didn't?
>>
>>1815663
I'm pretty sure that's one of the places they claimed to be where the Garden of Eden was located
>>
>>1815913
I act like I'm not very knowledgeable about the history of Israel because Ii'm not very knowledgeable about the history of Israel.
>>
>>1816125
Iran is the France of the Middle East. Constantly attacked by its neighbors, but still the most important country culturally and the holder of civilization.
>>
>>1815839
The nature of warfare changed. Armies started to get bigger and thus more complex to command. That in turn means a need of a larger body of officers with a higher minimum amount of education to keep it in a fighting shape. Moving into the 15th century archery and horsemanship became less important in warfare ( not to say unimportant over night).

Also states became a thing and feudalism died a slow death. Feudalism in the middle gave a good reason to have extra-tribal marriages among the leaders. That did a lot to make people cooperate with each other.
>>
>>1815568
Read "Arabs at War"by Kenneth Pollack. In short, everyone used to think the Israelis were super soldiers. Then the Americans fought the largest, most experienced, and most well equipped army in Arab history and completely destroyed it with next to no casualties on their end in ~100 hours . In the course of that war they realized firsthand that it wasn't that the Israelis were super soldiers. It was that the Arabs, both those who were enemies and those who were "allies", fucking suck at war, no matter how good their weapons are. New info about the Iran-Iraq War in that same book just further proved this.
>>
>>1815938
>what is China
>what is Russia
>what is Persia
>what is Turkey
>what is Hungary
>>
>>1816174

>Iran is the France of the Middle East

Sounds Nice to me
>>
File: skate or die laughing.jpg (160KB, 590x419px) Image search: [Google]
skate or die laughing.jpg
160KB, 590x419px
>>1816710
>Then the Americans fought the largest, most experienced, and most well equipped army in Arab history and completely destroyed it with next to no casualties on their end in ~100 hours
>when everyone was afraid of the iraqi republican guard
>>
>>1815599
>>1815817
interestingly the same things that make them so awful at conventional warfare are what make them so great at insurgent warfare
>>
File: six day war.png (558KB, 800x3137px) Image search: [Google]
six day war.png
558KB, 800x3137px
one possible explanation
>>
>>1816717
He's referring to the Gulf war. Not that err, other one.
>>
>>1815607
it has significant oil fields in the southwest part
>>
>>1816777
this is funny
>>
>>1815640
it was a period of extremely high tension with nasser giving saber rattling speeches about wiping israel off the map daily
>>
>>1816786
there was a lot of talk during the gulf war about Saddam's "elite republican guard" that turned out to be literally nothing
>>
>>1816824
Wait, wait, I'm sorry. I hadn't read your second meme arrow, hence me thinking that you were confused about what was being said.

My bad!

And I wouldn't know about the Gulf war being the perfect way to gauge the strength of the Republican war when that war was all about obliterating Iraqi forces from above.
>>
>>1815568
They had help from Amerigoy I mean the totally not jew controlled United States of America.
>>
>>1815589
Egypt's army was actually pretty good.
>>
>>1816840
America supported Iraq in 1980 and they hardly got two feet into a country that just had a violent revolution
>>
>>1816125
It was a Persia under the control of retard Turks who made their Khwarmazian Empire. Persians got "buttfucked" because Turks are meme warriors who got their shit kicked in by the Mongols and the Persians civilians paid that price.
>>
>>1815568
>bigotry
Hello faggot
>>
>>1816858
thanks, I will
>>
Really, when was the last time Arabs did well against Westerners in regular warfare? The Crusades?
>>
>>1816840
the US didn't support Israel militarily until after the 6 day war. supporting Israel no matter what is a fairly recent phenomenon. in the Yom Kippur war Israel was planning on doing a preemptive strike like in the 6 day war but Nixon only promised them aid if they waited to be attacked first so it would be clear to the international community that they weren't the aggressor.
>>
>>1815954
Oh look, another shitpost from the worst contributer on the board. Cut the gay tripping, fagtron.
>>
>>1815568
why doesn't israel just take more land?

they could recreate the kingdom of david. it's not like the arabs would put up much of a fight
>>
>>1816934

Arabs can't fight but they CAN blow up marketplaces and murder women and children. Israel would have had to genocide the Arabs to hold the land and despite claims to the contrary they just aren't that evil.
>>
>>1816917
>the US didn't support Israel militarily until after the 6 day war.
Yh sure Israel just like how the US doesnt cover up all the human rights violations you do to Palestinians every single day.
>>
>>1816905
do you consider Moroccans to be arab? Because if so then maybe this
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Alc%C3%A1cer_Quibir

In 1580 Portugal tried to intervene in a Moroccan civil war so that they could take Tangiers and a larger buffer for their enclave at Ceuta. The Portuguese were badly outnumbered and the king decided to lead a charge early in the battle and was killed. The remainder of the army was encircled and crushed with nearly all soldiers killed or captured. (interestingly both claimants in the moroccan civil war died in the battle as well)

Since the Portuguese king had no heir and all of the senior nobility had died in battle which allowed Phillip II of Spain to take over and run the country as a personal union which lasted 60 years. This event was what caused the decline of the Portuguese empire.
>>
>>1816983

Thanks anon.
>>
>>1816905
Disregarding Arab-descended troops under western officers with western weapons? Well, if Moroccans can be counted as Arab:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rif_War

>half a million Franco-Spanish soldiers fight against irregulars armed with little more than small arms that never exceed 20,000 at any one time
>war still lasts six years
>Euros still take 80,000+ casualties
>at one point an Spanish army of 23,000 is routed and takes a 16:1 casualty ratio fighting 3,000 irregulars

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Annual
>>
>>1816983
Don't forget the battle of the Annual
>>
>>1816981
http://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/.premium-1.611001
>The change began during Lyndon Johnson’s administration (1963-1969), when the United States began transferring more significant civilian aid to Israel, which increased over the years. Between the establishment of the state and 1962, the United States under Presidents Harry Truman and Dwight Eisenhower imposed a total arms embargo on Israel. The first president to lift the embargo was John Kennedy, who in 1962 allowed Israel to pay in full for surface-to-air Hawk missiles. In 1965 America sold offensive weapons – Patton tanks – to Israel for the first time. In the 1960s, France was Israel’s major arms supplier, until the turnaround after the Six-Day War, when the United States became its main supplier.

I'm not even a supporter of Israel, I'm just trying to correct a historical point that you got wrong.
>>
>>1815599
http://www.meforum.org/441/why-arabs-lose-wars
and here it is
>>
>>1816847
>America Supported Iraq
It was a limited support
Most of Iraqs weapons came from The Soviets and China while Iran funnily had the Shah's weapons which he bought from the US. IIRC the Iranian Generals who Managed to win the first battle of Al Faw were From The Shahs times and had Western Training
>>
>>1815568

they thought about it than just ran in like the Egyptians did

>>1815607

religiously yes, but it was never resourceful, it was place where bedouins in ancient times would go through, if they lived at the gulf of Aqaba, Midianites would be a prime example thanks to the bible recording it for us
>>
File: MerkavaSouthLebanon.jpg (246KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
MerkavaSouthLebanon.jpg
246KB, 1024x768px
>>1816934

They would have to fight Shites
>>
>>1816934
>implying David ever held anything larger than a small chiefdom
>>
>>1815568
Jews
>>
>>1816934
The stories about David and Solomon are the ultimate WEWUZ KANGZ, even worse than the black fairy tales.

It's supported by archeological and other evidence that Jerusalem was literally just an irrelevant backwoods shithole with the population of a hundred donkey riding fucktards and that Judeans were greatly envious of the northern kingdom which was actually the important one.

I mean, imagine like if like modern America was conquered by a foreign power and only Ohio remained, and 1500 years later Ohioans would claim how they're the only real Americans that ever lived and how Cleveland was the greatest and largest city in the world where rulers of Russia and China gathered to bow down to the great emperor Lebron James and pay him tribute.

That's pretty much what happened in Israel, the Jews made that shit up.
>>
File: 1453754149001.png (18KB, 755x363px) Image search: [Google]
1453754149001.png
18KB, 755x363px
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Six-Day_War#Military_preparation

>On the eve of the war, Israel believed it could win a war in 3–4 days. The United States estimated Israel would need 7–10 days to win, with British estimates supporting the U.S. view.[44]

Goddamn, that confidence. I assumed that the war was a surprise outcome, but the Israelis were expecting a quicker conclusion to it.
>>
As an American soldier, I found that one of the best and most satisfying things about the first Gulf War, the liberation of Kuwait, was that we’d never again have to listen to how great the Israelis were. We’d seen the Arabs, met them, and went through them like a hot knife through butter. What did Tzahal have to teach us?

It’s a complex set of problems they have, the armies of the Arab world.

During Bright Star 85, the Egyptian Army, which is one of the better Arab armies, set up some tents for us as Wadi Natrun, northwest of Cairo. The officer in charge of the detail looked at the Americans, looked at the tents, looked at the Americans…

He was thinking that an American’s signature on a hand receipt would do him no good if one of those very good and very expensive tents grew legs and went to hide in a shipping container. He put his platoon in formation, held up three fingers, and announced, “I need three guards.”

Every man reached into his back pocket, pulled out a wallet and began peeling off notes. That is to say, they were offering bribes, baksheesh. The three who came up with the smallest bribes were picked to guard the tents. These three then proceeded to squat by the road, hold hands, and cry like babies. And it was sort of understandable that they cried because for the next four days they got no food or water except what our men gave them out of pity; their officer just didn’t care.

That’s what you fight when you fight Arab armies, and that’s why we went through them like lightning. They’re a collection of demoralized bipedal sheep, usually led by corrupt and connected human filth. Sure there are exceptions. Shazly. He’s dead. Baki Zaki Youssef, is old now. That he’s also a Christian, may also suggest something about the problems of the Muslim mass.
>>
>>1817619

The Arabs are what the sociologists like to call “amoral familists.” This means that they are nearly or totally incapable of forming bonds of love and loyalty with anyone not a blood relation. Even then, the degree of blood relation determines where loyalty legitimately lies. The saying in the area is: “Me and my brother against my cousin; me, my brother and my cousin against the world.” This not only allows a superior to extort baksheesh from non-relations, but identifies him as an idiot – a weak idiot, actually – if he does not.

The Arab private? He’s no more a coward than anybody else. Indeed, as an individual, I might rate him above, or even substantially above, the human norm. But he is just one man, alone.

With us, the very broad us within the western military tradition and some eastern military traditions, or with Israelis, who are very western, “It’s all of us against all of them. They’re toast.” With him? With that poor dumb-shit Arab private? “It’s all of them against me alone. I’m toast.” He knows no one in his unit cares about him; after all, he doesn’t care about any of them, either. They’re just not family. So when that private is placed in the loneliest position in the world, the modern battlefield? He runs or surrenders at the first sign things are going badly. Defeat is a kind of self-fulfilling prophecy that has been fulfilled so often at this point that an Arab who didn’t expect it probably ought be locked up for his own good.

Add in the fantasy mindset. Don’t forget “Insh’allah,” which makes it somewhat impious to train really well since it is all the will of God anyway. Insh’allah also provides an excuse for bad behavior on the battlefield. Add in a set of social values that despise and loathe physical labor.
>>
>>1817620

This may piss some people off; the Israelis have routinely stomped the Arabs so badly not because the Israelis are so great. In fact, outside of a few units the Israelis are just decent citizen soldier militia, nothing very special. But fighting the Arabs even just decent militia can shine.

http://www.everyjoe.com/2014/09/01/politics/why-arab-armies-bad-worthless/
>>
>>1817118
>>1817124
that one's a bit more questionable I think since idk if you can really consider Berbers and Arabs to be one and the same
>>
>>1817494
what about the temple though?
>>
>it's "Arabs suck at war" thread

I love these. They baffled the Americans, Soviets, Iranians, and Israelis alike with their displays.

>"According to Heikal, at one Egyptian airbase the initial Israeli airstrike left three Sukhoi attack aircraft intact on the runway. Immediately the Soviet adviser at the base urged the pilots assembled in the mess hall to fly the planes to safety before the Israelis returned. However, to a man, the Egyptians responded that they had no order to do so and therefore refused. Less than 15 minutes later, the Israelis returned in a second wave and destroyed the 3 aircraft."

-Kenneth Pollack, "Arabs at War", p. 63

>>1817619
Any other funny stories from working with the Arab dictatorships?
>>
>>1817653
>They baffled the Americans, Soviets, Iranians, and Israelis alike with their displays
because of their sheer incompetence
>>
>>1817653
My friend's dad was a Czechoslovak military instructor in Egypt and Iraq during the Cold War, he said it was legitimately baffling how anyone could be that stupid.
>>
>>1817653
>Soviets
You mean the very same Soviets who after decades of telling Egyptians that they are bad at using there weapons ended up falling for the very same tactics that The Arab feel for?
>>
>>1815568
Because Die Internationale rule over the world as Hitler already said several times.
>>
>>1817624
I'm an Israeli infantry man and you are 100% correct. We are decent but not the best(with regular units at least)
>>
Does all this point to Hezbollah being an exceptionally well led force or just that they have some semblance of organization that traditional arab armies lack despite the disparity in weapons?
>>
>>1815568
Really?
>>
>>1819293
They know that their back is a against a wall so to speak. That in turn give them motivation and thus the other traits needed in strong fighting force follow. As long as there is time, money, supplies sources, and a few experts. Iran has giving them the last 3 of those things.
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (74KB, 485x340px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
74KB, 485x340px
IDK, it really is a mystery. Pic related kicked them out of Lebanon TWICE.
>>
>>1816934
Cause of sanctions and threats by european countries and the US.
Ill remind you that Israel had control over all of sinai which is a big territory and economically and strategically valeuable yet gave it up cause of sovient and american pressure.
This led to apeace agreement with the Egyptians and the beginning of the payments form the US to egypt and Israel.
>>
>>1816981
>baseless whinning
I can understand when muslims/arabs do it, they are inherent whinners(cause they cant do much else) but when Europeans do it its painful to watch.
>>
>>1817472
If it wasnt David then it was Omri, does it really matter. Also this stopic is under dispute after several recent archeological findings(I mean the 1990s ideas about david's kingdom(Judea) being tiny compared to the neighboring kingdom of Israel.
>>
>>1820858
Camp David accords are the cost of (relative) peace, both Egypt and Israel get credit towards American military supply, with both country's typically buying much more than the billion or two per year anyway

It's basically a half off coupon, or buy one get one free

Abdel Fattah el-Sisi gets 2 billion worth of military related supplies for a price tag of 1 billion, same with Israel, pretty good deal
>>
>>1815589
>second their enemies' armies were not only not as advanced but also very unorganized

the arabs received weapons from the soviets which at the time wasn't definitely inferior to western equipment
as for organization, while they were definitely less organized than israel, egypt had a decent standard army which wasn't that unorganized and on its own, outnumbered the IDF
>>
After JFK was assassinated LBJ came into power.

While Kennedy’s final budget for 1964, allocated $40 million in aid to Israel, Johnson’s first budget set aside $71 million a 75 percent increase. The amount nearly doubled in 1966, to $130 million.

American aid to Israel earmarked for military expenditures rose dramatically, more than tripling between 1965 and 1967. By the middle of 1966, the Israelis were purchasing military hardware the type of which would had been unobtainable during the prior administrations, including four-dozen Skyhawk bomber attack planes and more than 200 M-48 tanks.

After the war LBJ turned a blind eye to the gains Israel made during the war.

Isn't Israel lucky Kennedy was assassinated?
>>
File: balkan pol kul.jpg (148KB, 800x820px) Image search: [Google]
balkan pol kul.jpg
148KB, 800x820px
>>1820940
>>
>>1820953
I don't understand this meme.
>>
>>1817639
They don't speak the same language and have had a separate culture and history up to 700 AD
>>
>>1820967
It's not a meme. It isn't a societal community thing joke thing, it's an autistic turk thing.
>>
Arabs didn't coordinate their efforts with each other.
>>
>>1817505
Their initial war goals did not include Jerusalem, all the west bank or the Golan heights.Dayan extended operations, this explains why it took longer.
>>
>>1822056
Turks are idiots, alliances of convenience based on a mutual enemy is a poor impetus for supporting them online. The moment the Israelis have Syria destroyed the Turks become the new enemies.
>>
>>1816934
Because, despite what you hear from /pol/, Israel isn't interested in conquering the entire Middle East. They only took land when they deemed it strategically necessary (ie wanting to have the Jordan River between them and Jordan, denying the Syrians the high ground, and wanting the Suez between them and Egypt). They're even willing to give territory back in exchange for peace, even when that land has religious significance (see: the Sinai peninsula).
>>
>>1822833
>Israel has all rights to conquer those lands because it is in their religion.
>>
>>1822850
The common perception is that Israelis believe that they have the right to conquer everything because of religion, when in reality they don't really give a shit and just want to be left alone.
>>
>>1822856
>just want to be left alone

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Clean_Break:_A_New_Strategy_for_Securing_the_Realm

Goodnight anon. I leave you with this.
And America was left with 10,000 dead and 1 trillion in debt.
>>
>>1822862
>Israel can make a clean break from the past and establish a new vision for the U.S.-Israeli partnership based on self-reliance, maturity and mutuality — not one focused narrowly on territorial disputes. Israel's new strategy—based on a shared philosophy of peace through strength — reflects continuity with Western values by stressing that Israel is self-reliant, does not need U.S. troops in any capacity to defend it, including on the Golan Heights, and can manage its own affairs.

>To reinforce this point, the Prime Minister can use his forthcoming visit to announce that Israel is now mature enough to cut itself free immediately from at least U.S. economic aid and loan guarantees at least, which prevent economic reform.

>Israel's new strategy—based on a shared philosophy of peace through strength — reflects continuity with Western values by stressing that Israel is self-reliant, does not need U.S. troops in any capacity to defend it, including on the Golan Heights, and can manage its own affairs.

So their plan to force the United States to fight on their behalf was to... acknowledge that US aid is fucking up their economy and to loudly announce that they no longer require US financial or military assistance of any kind. Okay.
>>
>>1822922
The idea is use the US as a military puppet to reform the Middle East so they no longer require the US aid umbilical.
>>
>>1822931
The Israeli plan for the post-Saddam period involved getting the Jordanian Royal family to fill the resulting power vacuum, based on the idea that the ruling family of Jordan could be respected by both Sunnis and Shias. It was also intended to be used as a stepping stone to destabilize the Syrian regime, which the Israelis viewed as the main barrier to a peace that didn't involve Israel's destruction. They intended to do this by convincing the world that the Syrian regime had access to WMDs (which they actually did/do - chemical weapons count as WMDs.)

In reality, the invasion of Iraq was made using the WMD excuse, which pretty much fucked everything up from an Israeli perpsective because that kind of justification only works once. The United States also completely botched their handling of the post-Saddam power vacuum by just putting local Shias into power and calling it a day, which threw the country into chaos and allowed Iran, and not Jordan, to become the new overlords of Iraq. The destabilization of Syria occurred almost by accident as a result of a series of revolutions across the Arab world that started in Tunisia, and which nearly put the Muslim
Brotherhood in charge of Egypt - a supremely bad idea from the Israeli perspective, since the MB couldn't be relied upon to respect the land for peace deal that resulted in Israel giving up the Sinai peninsula. The entire point of destabilizing Syria, by the way, was to prevent them from dicking around in Lebanon's - the current state of affairs in Syria has actually made the Lebanon problem worse.

Also, Israel never got itself off American aid, and still appears to be reliant on American blood and treasure to secure its own affairs, which is the exact opposite of what was supposed to happen.

So in conclusion, either the US fucked jp the Israeli master plan, or the current conflicts in the Middle East actually have nothing to do with Israel. They actually appear to align with Saudi Arabian interests.
>>
>>1822962
You're kinda right anon, but you keep filling your lack of knowledge with assumptions, or, outright misinformation.
In fact, lets just get this out of the way, in your initial post you edited out the article's beginning.

>A Clean Break: A New Strategy for Securing the Realm(commonly known as the "Clean Break" report) is a policy document that was prepared in 1996 by a study group led byRichard Perlefor Benjamin Netanyahu, the thenPrime Minister of Israel.[1]The report explained a new approach to solvingIsrael's security problems in theMiddle East with an emphasis on "Western values." It has since been criticized for advocating an aggressive new policy including the removal ofSaddam Husseinfrom power inIraqand the containment ofSyriaby engaging in PROXY WARFARE and highlighting its possession of "weapons of mass destruction". Certain parts of the polices set forth in the paper were rejected by Netanyahu.[2][3]

Wow, notice how that puts it in perspective. Weird that you chose to not post that part.

Lets focus on that capitalized section- proxy warfare.

http://www.timesofisrael.com/yaalon-syrian-rebels-keeping-druze-safe-in-exchange-for-israeli-aid/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3315347/Watch-heart-pounding-moment-Israeli-commandos-save-Islamic-militants-Syrian-warzone-risking-lives-sworn-enemies.html

The Syrian revolution and the Arab Spring would not have been possible without Saddam's removal. ISIS would not exist, would not be attacking Syria, and the "rebels" would have been crushed by now. The Kurds would not have their home base to attack from.
>>
Because Israel was getting support from the west
>>
>>1822985
I didn't post the beginning part because my primary concern was dismissing the idea that the report requires the US to act on behalf of Israel, and had absolutely nothing to do with proxy warfare.

My point still stands - America appears to have been acting on behalf of the Saudis during the Bush administration, and has been desperately trying to attempt damage control for the past 8 years (see: allowing Iran to become a major regional power, providing a counterbalance to the Saudis). And in regards to proxy warfare, I'm not going to deny that Israel may or may not be involved in Syria, but at this point fucking everybody is involved in some way. It would be absolutely retarded for Israel to stay uninvolved. It's the way geopolitics works in the modern era, and yet Israelis are the only ones that are characterised as the Illuminati because of it. One should also note that safeguarding the Druze population of Syria is a prerequisite for obtaining Israeli assistance, which indicates that ISIS isn't receiving Israeli assistance, given that they are known to have killed Druze in the past (http://www.haaretz.com/middle-east-news/1.713563?v=ED2D4864EB19BA352D1E9A89472C05A9).

They also seem to be saving the lives of practically everybody that shows up injured along the border, which means that, unless you think EVERYBODY is an Israeli proxy, means that Israel is helping these people regardless of their affiliation with Israel.
>>
>>1822985
Now we have that out of the way lets address your incorrect statements.

>post-Saddam power vacuum by just putting local Shias into power and calling it a day

This is a true statement but fails to recognize that the Sunnis are a minority in Iraq. America didn't hand the government to the Shia, it merely instated democracy which naturally give the Shia power based on their numerical superiority.

> The destabilization of Syria occurred almost by accident as a result of a series of revolutions across the Arab world that started in Tunisia, and which nearly put the Muslim Brotherhood in charge of Egypt - a supremely bad idea from the Israeli perspective, since the MB couldn't be relied upon to respect the land for peace deal that resulted in Israel giving up the Sinai peninsula.

Key word there anon- by accident. Are revolutions ever accidental?

More reading- one addresses these accidents. The second exposes the payoff for those in America who were complicit as well as the secondary reason behind the fabricated Syrian war.
Enjoy your reading.

https://wikileaks.org/google-is-not-what-it-seems/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genie_Energy

http://www.businessinsider.com/israel-grants-golan-heights-oil-license-2013-2
>>
>>1823032
Israel is safeguarding the Druze because they have used Druze within their military for decades and have a large Druze minority in Israel. Should Israel lose favor among the Druze (Druze in Syria predominantly serve in the SAA and in Lebanon have served in Hezbollah) it would mean problems within Israel. It is merely prudent politics.
>>
>>1823034
>America didn't hand the government to the Shia, it merely instated democracy
Which doesn't conform to the supposed Israeli master plan, and is in fact the opposite of what was suggested.

>by accident. Are revolutions ever accidental?
My point was that they weren't engineered by Israel, given that, in many cases, the results of the revolution were either irrelevant (destabilizing Libya, which Israel doesn't fucking care about) or work directly counter to Israeli interests (facilitating the rise of radical Islamic governments throughout the Middle East.)

1. Just because the guy's named Cohen doesn't mean he's an Israeli plant.
2. Okay, so Israel is acting on the part of the strategy that involves abandoning a land-for-peace deal with Syria. The oil company happens to have a "strategic advisory team" that looks like a conspiracy theorist's wet dream, whoop de fuckin do. It seems like the Israeli public doesn't like their plans very much. I'm not sure what this has to do with the issue at hand.
>>
>>1823038
I'm aware of this. Again, it's what literally any country would do, except when Israel does it they're big bad guys.
>>
>>1823056
I give you props for skimming the article, but the fact Schmidt and Cohen are Jews isn't the point I was making. Please reread the article and focus on the activities of Cohen and some of his NGOs as well as his affiliation with Dorsey of Twitter.
>>
>>1823060
When any country does it they are the bad guys.
>>
>>1823063
Yeah, the NGO shit looks shady, but there are equally as many NGOs focused exclusively on fucking with Israel - the Knesset actually had to pass legislation cracking down on such organizations. The United Nations also has a pathological hatred of Israel and regularly does everything it can to fuck with them. There is a ying-yang balance to this kind of stuff.
http://www.timesofisrael.com/after-hours-of-debate-controversial-ngo-bill-passes-into-law/
http://www.worldaffairsjournal.org/article/un-and-israel-history-discrimination
>>
>>1823064
You're free to hold this view. It just annoys me when people act like Israel is the devil while ignoring or even supporting other countries engaged in the exact same kind of behavior.
>>
>Be a nation created and funded by the wealthiest and most powerful 1st world powers
>Get trained by said powers as well
>>
File: 9-11 refresher course.png (499KB, 865x8453px) Image search: [Google]
9-11 refresher course.png
499KB, 865x8453px
>>1823082
As an American I have plenty of reason to despise the Israelis.
>>1823078
Yeah but the UN is virtually powerless, especially with the US veto power. Literally multiple angry Muslim nations being slapped down because they lack economic and military influence. Likewise the Saudis, Jordanians, and Qatar are butt buddies of Israel. Night anon I'm exhausted.
>>
File: United Monarchy.jpg (28KB, 300x493px) Image search: [Google]
United Monarchy.jpg
28KB, 300x493px
>>1820871
Omri certainly never controlled this much land. It's literally a meme map to show them dominating all their rivals. Omri was responsible for making the state of Israel what it was, a strong regional power equally rivaled by Damascus, but not a pipe dream later made up by Judeans.
>>
>>1823034
>Genie Energy's Strategic advisory board is composed of:Dick Cheney(former vice president of the United States),Jacob Rothschild, 4th Baron Rothschild,Rupert Murdoch (media mogul and chairman ofNews Corp),James Woolsey(former CIA director),Larry Summers(former head of the US Treasury), andBill Richardson, an ex-ambassador to the United Nations and energy secretary.[2]

Thats like a real-life Legion of Doom right there.
>>
>>1823085
That and half the Israeli soldiers were global ex-pat veterans of World War 2 and other wars like Korea or the African conflicts. Remember watching a doco on this, one of old Jews on the doco was talking about his Squad leader, who was an American citizen like him and they lived two streets across from each other, they both served in WW2 and Korea
>>
>>1817494
>where rulers of Russia and China gathered to bow down to the great emperor Lebron James
Seriously underrated post right here.
>>
>>1823479
Jesus, it's like evil supervillains really do exist
>>
>>1816777
kek
>>
>>1823026

All the arab states have received a significant amount of aid from both the Soviets and even the Americans.
>>
>>1816716
It is actually where viniculture (wine makingand even selective grape growing for wine making )originates. The Zardoz mts.. or is that the name of that Sean Connery film?

Anyway

People picture Iran as desert shit wasteland which it kinda is but it's really more like Salt Lake City incredible fruits to be had from the hills, saffron fields etc
>>
>>1823102
wtf! I hate israel now
>>
>>1823102
>that list
>>
>>1815817
>their shame culture (opposed to our guilt culture)
what do you mean?
>>
>>1825777

Motivated by avoiding looking bad vs avoiding feeling bad.
>>
>>1825777
They lack honor.
>>
File: idf-alnusra.jpg (38KB, 650x366px) Image search: [Google]
idf-alnusra.jpg
38KB, 650x366px
>>1823032
>They also seem to be saving the lives of practically everybody that shows up injured along the border, which means that, unless you think EVERYBODY is an Israeli proxy, means that Israel is helping these people regardless of their affiliation with Israel.

They're saving the lives of Syrian rebels and spinning it as humanitarian aid after it became too widespread to simply deny.

http://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/israeli-aircraft-attack-syrian-army-position--israel-denies-any-shot-down/42440938
>>
File: succturk.jpg (33KB, 443x380px) Image search: [Google]
succturk.jpg
33KB, 443x380px
>>1825777
Arabs go great lenghts of being right about everything to the point that if it's a debate they blatantly make up shit and spew it until they get the "last word" or if it's an case of dishonor IRL they just kill you.
That to avoid bringing shame upon their family/tribe.

Seriously, if you ever beat up an arab kid make sure he stays down and respects you or he will come with a knife the next day to try gut you after his father told him to for bringing shame on the family.

Somehow this does not apply to christian arabs for some reason.
>>
>>1823056
>Which doesn't conform to the supposed Israeli master plan, and is in fact the opposite of what was suggested.

Just because the Israel/American Axis is way too dumb and weak to make their delusional master-plan work doesn't mean that it never existed in the first place.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHmhf_wrcrM
Thread posts: 123
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.