[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was the history of the subcontinent like? My knowledge of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

File: Indian_subcontinent.jpg (22KB, 442x545px) Image search: [Google]
Indian_subcontinent.jpg
22KB, 442x545px
What was the history of the subcontinent like? My knowledge of the area is sorely lacking.
>>
The mother of all languages originated there
>>
>all dose mountains

How did mongols get there again?
>>
>>1815478
It's nothing more than an unending, continual steam of poo
>>
>>1815490
Mountains aren't barriers to horses, and their valleys are actually pretty well-suited to pastoralism. Much of Mongolia itself is mountainous.
>>
>>1815490
They didnt (Tamerlan didnt count, he is Uzhbek not mongol)
>>
>>1815490
Do you mean the Mughals?
>>
>>1815490
crossed the hindu kush, which is far less forbidding than the himalayas
>>
>>1815520
Isn't the term Mughals basically the same as Mongols and used as a means of prestige?
>>
>>1815490

Via the middle east and Iran.
>>
>>1815490
check that delta on the left
>>
>>1815548
>>1815535
>mongols
>middle east
>delta
what?
>>
>>1815600

If you don;t know anything about the Mongols I suggest a google search.
>>
>>1815534
No, they called themselves Timurids and considered the Mongols to be a bunch of savages. Mughal was the name their enemies gave them as far as I know.
>>
>>1815478
Then learn about it. Its like asking about the history of Europe, its not easily summarized without being overly general. So just fuck off and read a book, alright?
>>
Reminder that Pakistan is an artificial state that shouldn't exist
>>
>>1815478
North had civilization, the South is the very origin of the word subhuman.
>>
>>1815520
Pretentious asshole
>>
>>1816613
Not so sure about that. Of the Acharyas or even scholars in general, Southerners have far more representation than their population.
>>
>>1816613
Southern India is and has always been more prosperous, moron

North India is full of street shitters, tribals, wife burners, and muslims
>>
>>1816839
Tribals are more in central and eastern India, there are none in Punjab for example.

As for prosperity, that's not exactly true either. The North has always had a lot of rich kingdoms. The South has just been extremely stable, with a more consistent culture of scholarship.
>>
>>1816839
South is where the most jungles are in India and any human that evolves in the jungle acts like a subhuman.

E.g literally every single equatorial country is a third world shithole with high crime rates.
>>
>>1815600
the mongol invasion of India was staged from modern day afghanistan, the mountains of that region have passable valleys that armies can be moved through easy enough (though if you get ambushed and cut off in them things can go pretty badly)
>>
>>1816866
South India has fairly low crime rates. Kerala is exemplary:
- Only state with sub-replacement fertility
- 1.08 F/M ratio, opposed to national average of .94 or Northern states which are often below .9
- Almost 100% literacy
- No overpopulation, street-shitting, and low rape
And Kerala is the most dense rainforest in India.
>>
>>1816883
This.
>>
>>1816839
T. Krishna Yadhamapatelkhwa
>>
>>1816898
None of those name components are Dravidian. One is Gujarati, the other is Indo-Iranic, and the first is sanskrit nonsense. At least get your names right, ffs.
>>
>>1816866
back to /pol/
it is known that southern india was much more prosperous than the north before the mughal period.
>>
>>1816866
t. I have never been to India, or studied anything about it
>>
>>1816898
Stop embarrassing yourself
>>
File: indiasanitation.jpg (111KB, 1145x1133px) Image search: [Google]
indiasanitation.jpg
111KB, 1145x1133px
How did southern India succeed where other parts of the country failed?
>>
>>1815478
Honestly is too large and complex to take as one Unit.
>>
>>1816883
Based St Thomas Christians are cool. My mom is from Andhra and my dad is from Tamil Nadu and my very large extended family is 100% Protestant :[
>>
>>1817172
Southerners have more civic sense so less likely to see trash / crap everywhere. Kerala has a high HDI thanks to comprehensive maternity clinic infrastructure and widespread sterilization that kept population growth low.

It would be modernizing quite nicely as well except mix of communalism and luddite thinking ("automation will replace all our jobs") and inflexible workers union (workers require pay for sitting and watching automated spinning machines in textile mills) has interfered and you have an odd phenomena with HDI and low GDP / capita.

Now all the youth migrate to bangalore after being educated to work in tech and Kerala's GDP growth is stunted and unsustainable without support from federal govt..

In contrast the North has more industry and higher GDP but also greater overpopulation.
>>
>>1816883
>north south dichotomy
I fucking hate this.
I like how eastern or western india doesn't fall into this penis boasting competition.
>>
>>1816591
So in India though.

It should have Balkanized after partition.
>>
>>1818484
its a federal state that guarantees the cultural and political rights of the different people in the country.
It is an excellent pressure valve that allows for people to seek change via dialog instead of chimping out.

Pakistan on the other hand came up with a made up name, made up culture and made up ethos to justify their existence and sperged out when it failed.
>>
>>1818055
I'm a St. Thomas christian actually! The reason our state is good is not because of us, don't get that impression - we're pretty insignificant. The Hindus here are based as fuck, great philosophy and good people - and most eat meat lol. We were allowed to keep our caste (unlike the hindus who converted due to europeans), etc.

Do you speak both languages?
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.