[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In a sane world all churches would be replaced by houses of philosophy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 585_philosophy-on-the-dome.jpg (317KB, 585x325px) Image search: [Google]
585_philosophy-on-the-dome.jpg
317KB, 585x325px
In a sane world all churches would be replaced by houses of philosophy with seminars and group discussions, and clinical philosophers would be sought after instead of priests.

Thoughts?
>>
Why would people go?
>>
Churches would go from mostly empty to completely empty.
>>
>>1814306
Because everyone faces philosophical problems, they just mistake them as religious ones.
>>
In a saner world houses of philosophy would be replaced by academies of science.
>>
>>1814318
>Thinking that philosophy is in conflict with science.

>Not knowing that this would light the spark of knowledge and make people authentically thirst for scientific knowledge instead of just appearing to "fucking love science" on Facebook.

>Still believing in the Cartesian-Newtonian universe.
>>
>>1814318
I understand the religion/philosophy divide but not the science/philosophy one. Care to elaborate on this?
>>
In a sane world all the people would be able to have their own viewpoint on society and the universe as long as said viewpoint does not culminate in the harm of another person.
>>
File: whatdoyouthink.jpg (143KB, 454x330px) Image search: [Google]
whatdoyouthink.jpg
143KB, 454x330px
>>1814336
>>
>>1814336
scientism is based on empiricism. philosophy can trash scientism by way of non-empirical reasoning in the fields of epistemology and ontology.

the fundamental "divide" between materialism and religion is the same divide that exists between materialism and the rest of philosophy. as soon as the materialists think they've killed religion, no doubt they'll go after philosophers like feyerabend who decry them just as much as today's religious folk.
>>
>>1814363
The contradiction isn't with materialism, but reductionist materialism - this is an artifact of the mechanistic cartesian-Newtonian universe. This was destroyed with the development of ideas about biological evolution (emergence from simple rules) and 20th century physics. But yet it persists socially, including among scientismists who don't realize that their scientism is based on flawed philosophical assumptions based upon a discredited model of the universe.

So basically what I'm trying to say is that internet scientismists are posturing froghats who don't even know the science they worship.

This is why we need philosophy.
>>
>>1814340
This is the only correct answer
>>
>>1814389
>>1814340
A sane would have no need for organized religion, religious mythology would be regarded as inspiration and artwork instead of objective truth. I guess you could have mythology clubs.
>>
>>1814340
>as long as
FAG
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.