[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What sparked the American revolution? What could Britain ha

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: 1441745306878.png (353KB, 615x559px) Image search: [Google]
1441745306878.png
353KB, 615x559px
What sparked the American revolution?

What could Britain have done to prevented it politically?

What were arguments loyalists had?

American revolution general discussion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzRhFH5OyHo
>>
>>
>>1813661
There was no way for Britain to maintain control over America at the time, it was simply too far away for them to adequately manage it. I realize they did a good job in India and Hong Kong and geographically they were further away, but these were places reachable by land routes and thus support of supply.

When you have to send your entire army and fighting force on ships on a 3 month journey to the US across the stormy Atlantic Ocean, it gets pretty difficult to wage war.
>>
>>1813661
I would argue similarly to >>1813751 but I would state that my argument is focused a little differently. Before the Revolution the British government never really ruled the colonies. They were closer to protectorates. It was only when the British actually tried to rule that the colonies rebelled.
>>
>>1813661
>What sparked the American revolution?
taxation with representation
>What could Britain have done to prevented it politically?
better political representation for new world colonies
>What were arguments loyalists had?
from brits "if you want representation just move back to europe lol"
from americans "da ebil french will kill us if the british withdraw"
>>
>>1813661
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzRhFH5OyHo [Embed]

Good song
>>
>>1814184

Political representation was basically impossible because of the distance. They didn't have phones or airplanes so communication took months.

Members of parliament like Edmund Burke thought it necessary to grant the Americans Independence because they had achieved self-sufficiency and it was impossible to respect their rights as Englishmen.
>>
>>1813661
Great Britain had peaceful relations towards natives east of USA and didn't let them expand.

GB had A single tax on tea.

Of course this despotic rule sprung the "Revolution".
>>
>>1816418
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Proclamation_of_1763
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.