[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will Christianity ever see a resurgence, or is it doomed to fade

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 14

File: christ20king1.jpg (318KB, 806x1279px) Image search: [Google]
christ20king1.jpg
318KB, 806x1279px
Will Christianity ever see a resurgence, or is it doomed to fade away?

I'm not even Christian but I feel sad knowing we'll never have a powerful "Christian nation" again.
>>
>>1813136
You don't know anything about Christianity.
>>
>>1813136
It has more followers now, both in total and as a percentage of the world's population, than it ever has before.
>>
reagan almost pulled it off
>>
File: Lilith_John_Collier.jpg (39KB, 320x610px) Image search: [Google]
Lilith_John_Collier.jpg
39KB, 320x610px
>>1813136
Maybe Christianity would have better luck if they incorporated the Jewish myth of Lilith.

>you will never make your wife fly away from the Garden of Eden by uttering the secret name of God because you tried to make her submit to you
>>
>>1813136
It will resurge in Asia and South America
>>
>>1813136
Christianity will go. It will vanish and shrink. I needn't argue about that; I'm right and I'll be proved right. Memes are more popular than Jesus now; I don't know which will go first—4chan or Christianity. Jesus was all right but his disciples were thick and ordinary. It's them twisting it that ruins it for me
>>
>>1813459
>Memes are more popular than Jesus now
Jesus is literally a meme, buddy. So is Christianity.
>>
File: Evolution_of_Christianity.jpg (116KB, 749x566px) Image search: [Google]
Evolution_of_Christianity.jpg
116KB, 749x566px
>>1813136
Christianity is growing in Africa. The only places were it has been declining is North America and Western Europe, but even there you have regions that are still very religious (Ireland, Italy, Bible Belt....).
>>
File: So cash.png (1MB, 680x510px) Image search: [Google]
So cash.png
1MB, 680x510px
>>1813136
Are you asking if Christ shall rise again?
>>
File: Le NT.jpg (571KB, 1139x877px) Image search: [Google]
Le NT.jpg
571KB, 1139x877px
>>1813459
;^)
(^;
;^)
>>
the great falling away is a sign of the second coming
>>
Depends who is in charge.

>lose 2 million churchgoers
>Archbishop Justin Welby says we need to give muslims in britain Sharia Law

Can't speak for many denominations but if the rest have anything like what has happened to Anglicanism I don't see a resurgence until liberal politics are driven out of the clergy.
>>
>>1813136
let's have another world war. guarantee you'll see the resurgence then.

seriously, Christianity has had peaks and dips even since it was legal for there to be dips...

for example, the great awakening? that was a resurgence coming after the colonization of America, where people simply stopped going to church due to being in the backwaters.

19th century theological liberalism? a dip.

20th century saw a resurgence, from Barth, to the moral majority, Vatican dealing with modernism etc.

now we're in another slump...but so what? give it 20-30 years. we'll come back and hard, as usual.
>>
>>1813136

Don't worry mate, that's what the romans thought aswell.
>>
>>1814543
It's also growing like crazy in South America, even though that's a historically Catholic area they're finally getting Christians there.
>>
>>1814823
>pentecostals
>christian
>>
>>1813136
Once France has more freedom of religion and no more systematic religious voting, it might become a Christian super-state.
>>
File: Joker.jpg (59KB, 600x449px) Image search: [Google]
Joker.jpg
59KB, 600x449px
>>1814823
>even though that's a historically Catholic area they're finally getting Christians there
>>
>>1813136
Isn't it becoming big in China?
I think it will do alright to be honest, religion will always have a place in people's lives, and I can't see Christianity dying anytime soon, it being the religion of the colonisers really improved it's survival rate.
>>
>>1813136
With rolemodels like this I am sure it will only grow and become more multicultural and acceptive of the current year.

I sure can't wait for the first homosexual Pope. That is, first "official" homosexual Pope.
>>
>>1813136
>>1814887
Daily Reminder.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/china/10776023/China-on-course-to-become-worlds-most-Christian-nation-within-15-years.html
>>
>>1814889
Christians have never had popes as rolemodels, don't confuse Catholics and Christians
>>
File: who else but sweden.jpg (160KB, 659x747px) Image search: [Google]
who else but sweden.jpg
160KB, 659x747px
>>1814893
oh so you are a protestant?
>>
>>1814893
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bWHSpmXEJs
>>
>>1814904
>it's either protestantism or catholicism
both are heresies, materialistic Gnosticism is the only way
>>
File: sultan bin baba II.jpg (46KB, 480x452px) Image search: [Google]
sultan bin baba II.jpg
46KB, 480x452px
>>1815054
>materialistic Gnosticism
atleast as a cathocuck I'd be able to take you seriously
>>
>>1815055
read the gospel of eve, roach
we are sinful beings, doomed to death and entrapment by the demiurge, the best course of life is to engage in carnal pleasure, as it's the only pleasure we'll know
>>
>>1814904

Show me in the Bible where it says I should worship the pope.
>>
>>1813441
Feminism is the cult of Lilith.

>literally a braindead harlot whoring herself to demons and animals because "fuck you dad!"
>>
>>1813386
This. Africa especially is seeing a massive growth in Christianity
>>
>>1815058
Your critique of feminism is very intriguing. What feminist writers have you read? Your conclusion is very peculiar, I'm unsure how you could come to it, so I imagine there must be some very interesting insight and thought put into it!
>>
File: keitty.jpg (54KB, 600x593px) Image search: [Google]
keitty.jpg
54KB, 600x593px
>>1815057
Show me in this thread where I said christians worship the pope.

I just called him a rolemodel of your "progressive" ways to spread the gospel not an idol.
>>
>>1815066

Ah, nevermind. I wouldn't call the pope a role model. Especially if he needs bullet proof glass in public.
>>
File: 1476049455562.jpg (29KB, 529x446px) Image search: [Google]
1476049455562.jpg
29KB, 529x446px
>>1813441
>Incorporating Jew myths
>Incorporating all the Apocrypha
>Incorporating the Gospel of Thomas
>Incorporating Christian readings of Plato
>Incorporating Acts of Paul and Thecla
>>
>>1815066
Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of 4chan are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!
>>
>>1813136
We need to bring back puritanism
>>
>>1813136

I hope Greco-Roman Paganism returns.
>>
>>1813459
>Christianity will go. It will vanish and shrink. I needn't argue about that; I'm right and I'll be proved right.
Said in ancient Rome, Revolutionary France, Qing China and the Soviet Union.
>>
File: 300x300.jpg (4KB, 216x216px) Image search: [Google]
300x300.jpg
4KB, 216x216px
>>1813136
This is the future you chose.
>>
>>1815063
t. mad
>>
>>1815461
Not mad, just wondering where you drew your conclusions of feminism from, such interesting thoughts must arise from a lot of reading of feminist authors
>>
>>1815465
More like from meeting femenists, nobody actually reads their toilet paper literature
>>
>>1815474
>More like from meeting femenists, nobody actually reads their toilet paper literature
The mark of a true intellectual, I just speak to some tumblrites rather than reading any serious writings
>>
>>1815500
>feminism
>serious

>feminism
>intellectual

You jest
>>
>>1815505
>feminism, a movement and mode of thought that has been respected by many intellectuals for over a century
>but nah I saw some retard on the internet call herself a feminist so it's nonsense
>>
>>1815515
>feminism
>respected

Please amuse me some more
>>
>>1815521
>ebin
ebin
>>
>>1814882
>when you get wrecked by the truth and can only post cartoon reaction maymays to save your pride
>>
File: xenu.jpg (16KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
xenu.jpg
16KB, 200x200px
>>1815056
>yfw scientology and gnosticism are exactly the same
Pic related is demiurge.

Protip: gnosticism is retarded.
>>
>>1815058
If by dad you mean her sugar daddy, Adam
>>
>>1815630
>yfw scientology and gnosticism are exactly the same
at least you tried, huh?
>>
File: CApBnH4UQAA8cio.png (144KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
CApBnH4UQAA8cio.png
144KB, 600x600px
“On five occasions in history the Church has gone to the dogs, but on each occasion, it was the dogs that died.” GK Chesterton
>>
I may be wrong but isn't Christianity the fastest growing religion in China?

And let's not omit the rise of Christian African nations.

A shame that they have to be the ones to be ambassadors of Christianity but it's all we got.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.