[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sikhism + Chan/Zen Buddhism would be the most redpilled patrician

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: world_religions.jpg (33KB, 434x431px) Image search: [Google]
world_religions.jpg
33KB, 434x431px
Sikhism + Chan/Zen Buddhism would be the most redpilled patrician religion in the world. Prove me wrong, m8s
>>
>>1812973
More like Sikhism + Theravada Buddhism + Stoicism

I've actually thought about converting to Sikhism; they're a lot more rational than other religions, but unfortunately they still require leaps of faith and following pointless rituals and codes of behavior.
>>
File: image.png (48KB, 767x184px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
48KB, 767x184px
>>1812973
We're fine the way we are.

>>1812995
>but unfortunately they still require leaps of faith and following pointless rituals and codes of behavior

I don't agree. I'm a Sikh and I don't feel like I'm doing anything pointless.
>>
>>1813853
Well, you obviously wouldn't. It's just stuff like the 5 Ks, which while interesting, are ultimately pointless beyond symbolism, or the restrictions on behavior like never getting intoxicated or strict sexual and marital monogamy.
>>
O would find it extremely interesting but ironically only people who don't believe in any of the religions propose these sorts of crossovers.

I like Greco-Buddhism better. >>1810934
>>
>>1813868
It's not obvious that I wouldn't. I wasn't always a Sikh. I was an atheist my whole life and I'm still not sure about God.

>It's just stuff like the 5 Ks

They're not spiritually significant, we all know that, but they're not pointless either. Having long hair ultimately means nothing, it doesn't put me above anyone, and it doesn't make me a good Sikh. These things are sort of like a soldier's uniform. A soldier wears seemingly arbitrary artifacts because he loves his country. A Khalsa wears seemingly arbitrary artifacts because he/she loves the Guru. I can admit it's not a logical thing, its more emotional, but emotional does not mean pointless.

>never getting intoxicated

Nothing is stopping a Sikh from becoming intoxicated, but the Khalsa chooses not to get drunk. The Khalsa carries weapons, so becoming intoxicated isn't too wise. Same thing for cops.

>monogamy

Polygamy exists in our history, it's just not common nowadays.

Nothing is forced in Sikhism. You're getting too caught up in appearances and general behavior.
>>
>>1813935
>I was an atheist my whole life and I'm still not sure about God.
Why did you convert?
>I can admit it's not a logical thing, its more emotional, but emotional does not mean pointless.
No, it's not pointless to those which it is important to, but to someone like me it's meaningless and just a set of obligations to follow. Obviously if your religion is an obligation then you're probably believing the wrong things, but it's still how I would think.
>Nothing is forced in Sikhism. You're getting too caught up in appearances and general behavior.
So if nothing is forced or dogmatic, then what is the point of religion? Why would one convert instead of keeping an open-mind and picking and choosing what actions and beliefs that one likes best?
>>
Bahai is pretty cool
>>
>>1813868
>sikhs
>not getting drunk.
>>
>believing in a religion for any reason but a genuine agreement of its claim of divine truth

Absolute.
Fucking.
Cancer.

>>1813853
Was Sikhism influenced directly by Platonism? That blurb sounds like something out of the Republic.
>>
Sikhism is just a poo in loo version of Islam 2bh
>>
>liturgical language is Punjabi, the ugliest language on Earth
>entire religion consists of smelly poo in loo Pajeets and Gurpreets
>their theology is just a rip off and mixmatch of Hinduism and Islam
>wear those stupid fucking turbans on their heads and can't even cut your hair (which ends up stinking like curry and sweat)

no thanks
>>
File: image.png (117KB, 881x648px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
117KB, 881x648px
>>1814113
>Why did you convert?

Because there's something missing in my life, and reading Guru Granth Sahib and various Sikh literature made me feel whole. Man does not live by bread alone as Jesus says. I don't know what the purpose of life is and I don't know if God exists, but I love the Guru and his teachings are the only ones I've come to trust. Whether anything will come to fruition, I don't know, but the effort is the point of a spiritual life.

>obligations

They're not obligations. You can be a Sikh or whatever without any of the 5 k's, but religious labels are meaningless to us anyways.

>So if nothing is forced or dogmatic, then what is the point of religion?

I don't know, I don't feel like I'm following one honestly. Sikhism probably isn't a religion. The point I've made for myself is to understand myself, and I feel Sikhism helps with that.

>Why would one convert instead of keeping an open-mind and picking and choosing what actions and beliefs that one likes best?

You can do that. However, what one likes isn't always the most meaningful or useful. You find a teacher you trust and try to understand their teachings because we can't do everything ourselves. Nothing is forced, but sincere consumption of teachings and contemplation of them are necessary to truly learn. Picking a teacher is surely a leap of faith, though. Why I don't go to Islam or other religions is because I love my Guru. It's like when you love a girl and every other girl becomes irrelevant. There's no need for anyone else in my life.
>>
>>1814234
That's very interesting anon; I'm glad you found fulfillment in it.

If I wanted to learn more about Sikhism, how should I go about it?
>>
File: image.jpg (58KB, 500x486px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58KB, 500x486px
>>1814259
http://www.vidhia.com/index.php?q=f&f=%2FProfessor+Puran+Singh

He's the best way to understanding Sikhism in English. Try Spirit of the Sikh or Spirit Born People. Neither are very long.
>>
File: Tara_3.jpg (78KB, 618x300px) Image search: [Google]
Tara_3.jpg
78KB, 618x300px
>>1814196
Note that I said "Sikhism + Chan/Zen Buddhism" (although another anon suggested Theravada Buddhism). You are just pointing out Sikhism.

Just think bro. If we mix both religions one says: "Let your hair grow", while the other says: "Cut your hair".

But that's not the point here. I don't care about liturgical stuff, just about spirituality and morals. Liturgical aspects can be changed in order to make both religions mix logically (syncretize) and create the patrician faith.

btw I don't care about how I should wear my hair and beard or if wear a turban or not. Currently my hair is about 60 centimeters long and I grow a beard, but it doesn't make me better than any other religious person.
>>
>>1812995
Sikhs are really casual about rituals

Most I know don't wear turbans and eat meat
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.