[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Examples of political under currents from national propaganda

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1476098832467.jpg (80KB, 766x960px) Image search: [Google]
1476098832467.jpg
80KB, 766x960px
Examples of political under currents from national propaganda using religion, creating giant reactionary cults that lead people to murder and commit debauchery

Examples, I'm limiting to America

Children of God, The Family International

Scientology

Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

Latter Day Church of Christ

Apostolic United Brethren

Davis County Cooperative

Movement for the Restoration of the Ten Commandments of God

The Peoples Temple of the Disciples of Christ

And last but not least

/pol/

Can we examine the potential cost down the line, of embracing the beliefs paralleled by cultish attitudes down the line? That history can be observed these beliefs go down dark places? Where the population finds fighting so bothersome they become compliant and let more and more manipulation and abuse take place? Skin heads and nationalists, religious "revolutionaries", the pious, never make for a good future when given power.
>>
Besides LDS and Scientology, those are identifiable doomsday cults, which is an interesting parallel. Outside of personal beliefs on prophethood or interpreting scrupture, they all seem to have this obsession with apocalypticism.
>>
File: 1474158491661.png (374KB, 1566x1566px) Image search: [Google]
1474158491661.png
374KB, 1566x1566px
Who would like to live in /pol/ government nation, here?
>>
>>1812816
What better way to attract a following then telling people that their leaders propaganda (that most joe schmos would agree with) is not only right and correct, but it doesn't go nearly far enough and we're all in critical danger.

It's extremely disturbing that we're going down this path into whatever belly of the beast awaits when it comes to political radicalism in the internet. I'm fairly sure in the future we'll see the lessening of popularity of religious cults than political cults. I find /pol/, places like it, the spawning pool of potentially disastrous outcomes.

They hold themselves the sole bearers of the truth that everything we know is in jeopardy and they are the righteous way. It's not a good path to run with, if modern 20th century American and European history tells us anything.,
>>
>>1812829
Not to bring up an over used soccer mom condemnation, but "think of the children"
>>
>>1812850
I don't have any proof of this, but deep down I believe all fringe religious and cult movements are inherently political. It's just an itch I can't scratch.
>>
>>1812880
Oh in the 20th century most certainly. They're theocrats.
>>
I support all sorts of measures to curb the islamization of Europe that probably don't align with my principles outside of that issue. As such, in general, i support "far-right" parties who condemn Islam, mass immigration, multiculturalism, ethnic replacement of the European people etc.

I am fairly convinced that I am in the right about this and Europe really is in drastic need of change (of which elements would certainly be reactionary in nature) or we face certain doom. But i just can't shake the feeling that i might be the bad guy. Would i have been swept up with the rise of nazism if i was alive in the 1920s? It worries me sometimes.
>>
>>1813029
>As such, in general, i support "far-right" parties who condemn Islam, mass immigration, multiculturalism, ethnic replacement of the European people etc.

The thing is, I've noticed, nobody these days suggests there are codes of conduct because it leads to argumentation that nobody wants to deal with and splinters movements.

So because, at the threat of splintering, there are no limits to what groups can do.

This in turn creates cult like atmospheres which can do serious harm, even though it seems like the lightest shit. It leads down the line into being no better than the people you want removed. And it inspires others to act the same way, until acting without code of conduct or any sort of sense of decency fly out the window, and become encouraged.

We can agree, but we can also disagree. I think the far right today is going down a dangerous path. It's going to inspire shit that isn't good.
>>
>>1813041
Though the possibility of thuggery and violence as the right gains traction is present and worrying (i don't think anything more serious than that is very likely), i feel that if we conduct our opposition properly; there is no reason that this behaviour should become commonplace.

This opposition is necessary. Without it; we are doomed to continue down this path to our destruction. Certain destruction vs the possibility of the degeneration of the opposition is a chance that i'm willing to take.
>>
>>1813090
>This opposition is necessary. Without it; we are doomed to continue down this path to our destruction. Certain destruction vs the possibility of the degeneration of the opposition is a chance that i'm willing to take.

What guarentee do you have that the world will be a better place afterwards, when you get off on outrage and political extremism, without codes of conduct you threw to the side?

You get what you don't want currently.

You're both reactionaries that don't think in the future of things. Most cults don't either, they exist off apocolyptic visions, and throw things out the window due to splintering, and because of their social isolation, turn onto themselves become heinous monsters.

This can go anywhere from crimes the Children of God committed like forcing women to be sex slaves, breaking them and subverting their will and forcing them to recruit more members by sex with strangers, to teaching their daughters and sons its alright by engaging in mass incest with the goal of breaking them into the cult they live in. By orders of the leading.

This can also lead to murder.

I don't see mass suicide on the table for these things.

But I honestly don't see a way this will end that's good. There's not enough focus on limitation and there's too much focus on how good lack of limitation is.

To a point, it has no become impossible to even suggest what one should and should not do, without being shouted down.

Bar none, this potent mix, social isolation of unpopular views, apocalyptic visions, revelry and baseness, fear of outsiders to your group as shills, and and absolute rejection of dissent of any sort, always ends in disaster.

How this will happen depends. You're not really organized, so I find it more people motivated by it all can commit depravity, rather than as a whole.
>>
>>1813118
I think you are assuming an awful lot and are basing much of this (noticeably the shill aspect) on /pol/ shitposting. Perhaps you misunderstood when i mentioned the "far-right". I am not referring to neo-nazism or even fascism. I am discussing what is often dubbed the far-right but is really not very extreme at all. Geert Wilders, Marine lePen, Farge, Orban, the Swiss People's Party, AfD etc. I don't think these are extreme political parties/ figures.

I don't want my country to be flooded with muslims, I don't want to be a minority in my own country, I don't wan't a foreign culture to be predominant where it does not belong, I don't want to open the gates to millions of """"Syrians"""", I don't want any more Rotherham scandals, I don't want to be murdered in the streets of Europe by muslims, I don't want a woman i know to be raped by third-worlders, I don't want to see burqas every time i leave the house, I don't want to see this constants degeneration of sexual boundaries continue. I do not think that these are radical positions, even though they might be uncomfortable to talk about. To mix this up with paranoid evil cults is absurd.
>>
>>1813168
Is it absurd? How do you think cults inspired by the religious and reactionary right start? It is ridiculous, but cults can be inspired by anything inspiring and involving the apocalyptic and involving a rejection of morality.

We can act like this is all fun and games, but so did everyone before the 70's when tensions were high, and cults started popping up dedicated to end times ministries, apocalypticism, and eschatological things.

Like I said, we've seen this mixture before and it did not end well for people within it.

This is no moral judgement on your character as an individual, its a judgement on the part of people who do not have the foresight to to realize critique of discourse is a positive political thing.

Without it, we slowly become monsters.
>>
>>1813192
Yes it is absurd. The rise of antiislamic feeling in Europe has nothing in common with apocalyptic cults. Nigel Farage is not Charles Manson. All we have to do is drastically reduce immigration (especially immigration of muslims), shift the overton window to the right so political correctness now longer causes cover-ups or apologism and make all efforts to deport illegal immigrants/ criminal immigrants/ immigrants who wish to impose their culture on us.

I fail to see where the cult angle comes in or where this won't end well. This is all a matter of election, policy and metapolitics. We got into this mess through these means and we will get out of it through these means. There will be no need for anything violent more violent than debate and polemics.
>>
>>1813241
It isn't absurd because the same ideology inspired not only radical Islam we have today but many mass shooters in the last decade.

I'm not telling you the ideology itself is corrupt, do not get me confused.

I'm saying mixing the ideology with a rejection of code because it could splinter, plus time, and visions of a future dominated by gloom, lead to madness.

Just as any politics does, especially reactionary politics mixed with potent fundamentalism.

You need to keep everything in check or there becomes no limit to the ways to achieve goals which in turn become habit in turn become ritualistic.

This isn't me pulling shit out of my ass. There is criminal science to this, study of how cults are created.

The atmosphere today is perfect for the creation of multiple dangerous cults. In fact it already has its largest, ISIS
>>
>>1813029
My suggestion is to make some friends with some Muslims, and learn where they're coming from. Euros and Middle-easterners have co-existed for thousands of years, and despite all the wars, there's been plenty of times of peace where great trade and prosperity has been the result. Also they make great kebabs.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.