[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is Protestantism so hateful of ritual and ceremony? I never

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 1476206475892.png (550KB, 714x959px) Image search: [Google]
1476206475892.png
550KB, 714x959px
Why is Protestantism so hateful of ritual and ceremony? I never really got an answer on this.
>>
Because God already decided who will go in hell and you can't change this with your bribery.
>>
>>1811825
How is ritual and ceremony bribery anymore than Scripture is? It's just an expression of the faith--a very important one, though.
>>
>>1811817
>I never really got an answer on this.

Yes you did, you just didn't like it.
>>
>>1811851
You mean that Protestants were basically just trying to be edgy? Yeah, it was somewhat insufficient.
>>
>>1811817
They're crypto-muslims and semitic desert pastoralist cultures are fond of pretended austerity.
>>
>>1811817
Some protestant denominations are still relatively high liturgy, but it's basically thinking that the Catholic church had become decadent and all that bling and ceremony wasn't needed for worship.
>>
>>1811861

No, that Protestants are not a monolithic group. They have literally nothing in common other than being Christians who don't recognize the Pope. It's not a religion, it's an adjective for describing religions
>>
>larping in a religion
Shits not a game senpai gods REAL
>>
>>1811817
Everything the Reformers rejected were impurities added to make christianity more appealing to pagans. Protestantism is the most pure and undiluted form of christianity.
>>
File: Holy Bible.jpg (45KB, 333x467px) Image search: [Google]
Holy Bible.jpg
45KB, 333x467px
>>1811980
This.

>11 To what purpose is the multitude of your sacrifices unto me? saith the Lord: I am full of the burnt offerings of rams, and the fat of fed beasts; and I delight not in the blood of bullocks, or of lambs, or of he goats.

>12 When ye come to appear before me, who hath required this at your hand, to tread my courts?

>13 Bring no more vain oblations; incense is an abomination unto me; the new moons and sabbaths, the calling of assemblies, I cannot away with; it is iniquity, even the solemn meeting.

>14 Your new moons and your appointed feasts my soul hateth: they are a trouble unto me; I am weary to bear them.

>15 And when ye spread forth your hands, I will hide mine eyes from you: yea, when ye make many prayers, I will not hear: your hands are full of blood.

>16 Wash you, make you clean; put away the evil of your doings from before mine eyes; cease to do evil;

>17 Learn to do well; seek judgment, relieve the oppressed, judge the fatherless, plead for the widow.
>>
Shit, I found the whole publication of this shit. I really want to move out of Sweden, I want it badly.
>>
>>1812030
Revelation describes angels using incense and an alter, where they doing that to appeal to pagan angels?
>>
>>1812030
and that's why it was picked up only by the most recently pagan peoples right
>>
>>1812035
I dont think these verses are speaking against rituals in general, but against hypocrites who want to be in the Lords favor by doing rituals without doing good or being of pure heart.
>>
>>1812343
>antilegomena
Mind you Romans were the ones to apply that term
and Protestants are the fondest of those books.
>>
>>1811817

It's literally a reaction against ritual and ceremony.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.