[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Assuming hell is real why should I fear it? What good is there

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2

File: 1474791171963.jpg (104KB, 720x576px) Image search: [Google]
1474791171963.jpg
104KB, 720x576px
Assuming hell is real why should I fear it?
What good is there in changing my ways?
>>
Hell is the absence of God, and God's love.
>>
>>1811440
So why should I care?
>>
>>1811431
You shouldn't fear hell, you should fear the fact that you will have nothing but oblivion after you die.
Hell is the abstraction of nothingness, which is the lack of God.
>>
File: more honorable turk.jpg (17KB, 229x220px) Image search: [Google]
more honorable turk.jpg
17KB, 229x220px
>>1811431
>why should I fear it?
Because it would be like living in K*rdistan

Only, there are slavs all over the place also.
>>
>>1811440
But god is omnipresent, your statement is invalid.
>>
>>1811453

But if it truly is oblivion, there will be nothing to fear, for nothing begets nothing, least of all fear.
>>
>>1811466
God can still choose who he gives his love too.
>>
>>1811475
But jesus said he loves all of us, then why did he created hell?
>>
>>1811454
well atleast there aren't any roaches
>>
>>1811453
And why should anyone want god?
>>
>>1811450
>>1811453
>>1811474
According to Jesus himself hell is bad enough to make people there constantly cry out and grind their teeth begging to get out. He didn't go into detail but it sounds pretty bad
>>
THERE IS NONE. HELL IS ETERNAL SENTIENCE AND ETERNAL BEAUTY.

ANYBODY THAT IS A TRUE MAN WILLINGLY JOINS SATAN IN HIS ATTEMPT TO FIND FALLACY IN GODS WORK AND EXAMPT HELL FROM THE REVELATIONS.

EVERYBODY ELSE IS A KEK THAT AGREES WITH GOD IN THAT SENTIENCE AND HUMANITY WERE A MISTAKE.
>>
>>1811431
>When Zhuangzi was going to Ch'u he saw by the roadside a skull, clean and bare, but with every bone in its place. Touching it gently with his chariot-whip he bent over it and asked it saying, "Sir, was it some insatiable ambition that drove you to transgress the law and brought you to this? Was it the fall of a kingdom, the blow of an executioner's axe that brought you to this? Or had you done some shameful deed and could not face the reproaches of father and mother, of wife and child, and so were brought to this? Was it hunger and cold that brought you to this, or was it that the springs and autumns of your span had in due course carried you to this?"
>Having thus addressed the skull, he put it under his head as a pillow and went to sleep. At midnight the skull appeared tohim in a dream and said to him, "All that you said to me--your glib, commonplace chatter--is just what I should expect from a live man, showing as it does in every phrase a mind hampered by trammels from which we dead are entirely free. Would you like to hear a word or two about the dead?"
>"I certainly would,"said Zhuangzi.
>"Among the dead,"said the skull, "none is king, none is subject, there is no division of the seasons; for us the whole world is spring, the whole world is autumn. No monarch on his throne has joy greater than ours."
>Zhuangzi did not believe this. "Suppose,"he said, "I could get the Clerk of Destinies to make your frame anew, to clothe your bones once more with flesh and skin, send you back to father and mother, wife and child, friends and home, I do not think you would refuse."A deep frown furrowed the skeleton's brow. "How can you imagine,"it asked, "that I would cast away joy greater than that of a king on his throne, only to go back again to the toils of the living world?"
>>
>>1811495
the christian view of hell was a Catholic and Orthodox construct to make money
>>
>>1812672

That sounds like something more than nothing then, doesn't it?
>>
>>1812672
>catholic canon
Nigga is terms of eternity physical pain means jack fucking shit. Have you ever even played a sport? Is the most physical pain youve felt stubbing your toe?

Just go to heaven, we dont want pussy faggots down here.
>>
>>1811440
Not in Orthodoxy
https://afkimel.wordpress.com/2013/03/19/st-isaac-the-syrian-the-hellish-scourge-of-divine-love/
>>
>>1812720
Yes that's the point
>>
>>1812729
Shit man are you comparing eternity of psychological, physical and spiritual torture to a game of football? I know you're roll playing as a tough guy but you sound ridiculous
>>
>>1812745

>Hell is the abstraction of nothingness
>but it's really actually not nothingness, but torture

Huh.
>>
>>1812777
Uh, yes. If you werent retarded, youd realize that the absence of gods intervention would make hell just like life on earth, so youd have to wake up, forever. Hell was not explicitly made as a lake of fire and baddybads, catholic revisionists need not apply.
>>
>>1812789
I didn't say the abstraction thing
>>
>>1812811

Then why did you tag my post, which was responding specifically to that?
>>
>discussing consciousness in a non-conscious state

Protip, as soon as your brain ceases to work you're dead, and can't experience anything anymore.
>>
>>1812855
Yeah but youd have to be a loser to not have a clone prepped for you on your space yacht
>>
>>1812833
Not an argument
Fuck off fedora
>>
>>1812879

Excellent! With that, you're saved from any and all troubling thoughts! Even when they originate from a conscientious agnostic with an interest in theology! All you had to do was close your mind and call me a name! What mystical power!
>>
>>1811431
Shouldn't devout believers be more willing to go to hell?At least in hell you can effectively do God's work and cleanse the hordes of Lucifer.
>>
>>1811431
>What good is there in changing my ways?

When you realize that you are completely and utterly incapable of changing your ways in any meaningful sense of the word, and becoming like God, as the devil promised you, you can then throw yourself at the feet of Jesus and beg for his grace and mercy, which he will give you.

Hell is being alone in the dark and on fire forever, where you never die, and the fire never goes out. It's worse than you can possibly imagine, and gets worse from there.

Heaven is the opposite. It is better than anything you can imagine, and it keeps getting better.

And Jesus already paid for your ticket. All you have to do is what the bible says you have to do: confess with your mouth, that is to say out loud that Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart God raised Him from the dead, and you will be saved.

Do it today; today is the day of salvation. You are not promised tomorrow.
>>
>>1813169
There is no plan of salvation for the angels; their leader and they will be in hell forever, as will all humans who were born into their rebellion and failed to get out.

Hell is a terminal condition. It is not transitory. It is exactly the opposite of transitory. It is eternal punishment.
>>
>>1812855

That is never. Nor is your meat puppet brain "you".
>>
>>1812688
This is an underappreciated gem.
>>
for those who are reading this archived thread.
I wish to make some clarity if I can as to what hell is:

>Hell is an absence of God, and absence of love, hope, joy, or mercy. Where all of the evils of the world are condensed into a
Godless, hopeless place.
>A good anecdote of Hell would be the depths of Marianas trench. Deep in those depths, there is a constant, repressing and terrible dread, that something wants your head. Yet, you cannot see it, you cannot taste it, you cannot feel it. Only sense it.
>Hell is a blackness that weights on you, a silence with constant pain, yet in no physical sense of pain at all, a pain like butterflies in your stomach, dread in your heart, and doubtful fear in your mind.
>Hell is the trenches of WWI, constant terror and fear, no hope that tomorrow you will still be, yet always blackness. Sometimes hoping you will die quickly, so that you may finally be at rest.
>Hell is the fear before death, a constant sense of terror, with no indication of why.
>Hell is the absence of God.
>Hell is an oblivion of good.
>>
>>1813841
this reads like a book I would find on a dungeon shelf in skyrim and I don't mean that in no nice way
>>
>>1812855
so you know how conciousness is created from inorganic matter?
>>
>>1814013
if you give a squirrel a few hundred million more neurons it will be conscious
>>
>>1812687
>t. lucifer
>>
there are 2 hells

Sheol for you and for me, absence of god's presence, nothingness

Tartarus for some angels and presumably Satan although I believe the New Testament is fan fiction and to be ignored

If you bought the Jesus DLC then we all chill in Sheol until he memes himself back to earth and decides to get around to fulfilling the messianic prophecy that he barely touched the first time around

If you're okay with dying and being dead then carry on, there's a tiny chance you can make right and ascend to heaven eventually, or if Jesus was a false flag then you will get a shot sooner than later. Even tinier chance you get recycled into another person
>>
>>1813201
>and on fire

Requesting sauce on the specific origin of this zesty meme
>>
>>1814013

You know how to demonstrate that consciousness is 'inorganic'?
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.