[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How close did the belligerents of WWII come to using gas?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

How close did the belligerents of WWII come to using gas?

Found this early war training film for US tankers and the amount of time spent on prep for gas attacks was surprising. Starts around 3:05;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_Ns24Xhv6M&t=177
>>
>>1810082
Gas is kinda useless against enemies who are prepared to deal with it
>>
>>1810082
>How close did the belligerents of WWII come to using gas?
I DON'T KNOW, ANON, ASK THE SIX MILLION!
>>
>>1810082
Japan used gas weapons in China early in the Second Sino-Jap War.

Since they missed out on the main action of WWII, they were noobs in it. They used the canister gasses instead of gas shells and shitloads of friendly fire incidents occured when the wind blew the direction of a gas cloud to Japanese troops.
>>
Its not terribly combat effective due to winds. Without trenches its basically worse artillary.
>>
Didn't Churchill want to use chemical weapons if the germans managed to land on british soil?
>>
File: Shanghai1937IJA_gas.jpg (41KB, 482x329px) Image search: [Google]
Shanghai1937IJA_gas.jpg
41KB, 482x329px
>>1810131
>Japan used gas weapons in China early in the Second Sino-Jap War.
>>
>>1810391
>>
The Allies and especially Churchill was prepared to use gas. Hitler, being the only world leader in the conflict to actually go through a gas attack wasn't willing to commit to it.

The Allies had much more gas stockpiled, the
Germans however had been making much more lethal gasses. Tabun and Sarin for example.

Also there was that one time when the Allies accidentally an entire cargo ship filled with chemical weapons.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_raid_on_Bari
>>
The American 4.2 mortar was developed specifically for chemicals, smoke or gas. The surplus mustard gas shells were only disposed of in the 90's.
>>
Read Churchill memo D.217/4 . He would have used gas against Germany if the military had devised a viable plan.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.