[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Serious question I'm having a hard time figuring out. Is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: Max_Stirner.png (139KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Max_Stirner.png
139KB, 400x400px
Serious question I'm having a hard time figuring out.

Is The State itself a spook, or are only the feelings/attitudes we have towards The State (like Patriotism, Civic Duty, veneration of Democracy) spooks?
>>
>>1808975
The state itself is a spook as it's only an extension of the collective which is subject to the tyranny of the majority.
>>
>>1808975

Stirner himself was a spook.
>>
they're all spooks senpai

t. ghost of max stirner
>>
I always though that "spook" basically meant something that isn't real (like an idea, feeling, principle or attitude) that haunts your mind and causes you to forego your self interest.

But the State itself exists does it not? Now "Civic Duty" would be a spook since it's just an abstraction that causes you to waste your time performing chores like Jury Duty. And treating The State with any reverence that is contrary to your self interest is a spook, but the actual state itself is not a spook.
>>
no one has read stirner here, actually no one have ever read anything here apart from wikipedia articles
>>
Spooks only exist in your mind. They are anything you put above your self interest. Supposedly, police are in your interest, otherwise the only reason you should deal with it is if everybody else is worse.
>>
>>1809021
this rings too true
>>
>>1808991
>t. ghost of max stirner
spooky
>>
>>1809013
>But the State itself exists does it not?
Nope. If there was no people, would states exist?
>>
File: dsfdf.png (143KB, 500x517px) Image search: [Google]
dsfdf.png
143KB, 500x517px
>>1809037
>>
>>1809037
No but neither would chairs. Chairs are not spooks, they do not only exist in our mind, they are practical & provide convenience, thus they are in our self interest.
>>
File: 1394418808605.jpg (18KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1394418808605.jpg
18KB, 400x300px
>le meme philosopher
Everything means nothing, so why bother with anything?

Apathy is the death of the soul.
>>
>>1809082
>means
Spook. Why worry about whether an action is "meaningful", as oposed to you just wanting to do it?
>>
>>1809061
>No but neither would chairs.
Bishop Berkely Plz stop being observed by anything.
>>
>>1809013
The state cannot exist without being a spook. Once people disregard the state and its laws when it no longer suits them, then the state falls apart; its existence depends on people being spooked.
>>
>>1809092
If there's nothing beyond the self, then we're all playing a self-indulgent video game where the ultimate objective is to maximize pleasure.

The fact that society exists at all refutes the basic notions of this hollow, meme philosophy. There's a reason Stirner isn't taken seriously.
>>
>>1809082
>so why bother with anything?
Because I will it, my property.
>>
>>1809104
>Hes trying to refute Stirner without having read his work
Thats cute anon.
>>
>>1809104

>then we're all playing a self-indulgent video game where the ultimate objective is to maximize pleasure.

That's essentially true but why are you viewing that as bad? "Pleasure" applies to higher pursuits like philosophy and self-actualization just as much (if not more) than it applies to self-destructive pleasures like drugs that only provide short-term pleasure.
>>
>>1809104
>If there's nothing beyond the self, then we're all playing a self-indulgent video game where the ultimate objective is to maximize pleasure.
Yes, exactly, without the spooked disdain for pleasure and self-indulgence.

>The fact that society exists
A "society" that provides security, which provides a sense of well-being or emotional pleasure. This is in no way in conflict with his philosophy. He's descriptive, not prescriptive.
>>
>>1809104
>the ultimate objective is to maximize pleasure.
I mean, if that's what you want out of life, Sempai.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.