[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Give an example of a "real" communist or anarchist

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 10

File: cm6yq.jpg (24KB, 425x641px) Image search: [Google]
cm6yq.jpg
24KB, 425x641px
Give an example of a "real" communist or anarchist society.

Hard-Mode: must sustain a population of at least 1 million people for at least 1 year
>>
I collapsed
>>
>>1807268
Somalia
>>
>>1807268
Democratic Kampuchea
>>
>>1807268
closest would probably be Yugoslavia or Vietnam.
Doesn't meet proper criteria though, since they had governments.
>>
Sentilese People

Now be prepared to be sacrificed to R'ka to ensure we have a bountiful hunt.
>>
>>1807268

Anarchist Spain?

The others I can think about are Vietnam and Cuba
>>
>>1807268
What communism? Do "party equals people" types of communism count or just the pure definiton by Marx? For anarchism there are plenty of examples
>>
Iroquios confederacy? Maybe? Nevermind
>>
>>1807268

The USSR during the NEP period.
>>
>real communist society
>Implying that has ever been a thing

Anyhow, for anarchy I'd say anarchist Spain
>>
>>1807268
For communism: The early days of Microsoft, Google, Yahoo... Or basically most Silicon Valley IT startups where the workers directly own the business and make the production decisions.

Granted, I think Yahoo just [collapsed], but it'd long since abandoned that model.

But I can't give you one with a population of over 200 or so, as that's about where communism stops working, and why no one bothers to try it on large populations or business models. The logistics simply make it impossible for a series of communes to compete with a centralized power.

So, no, communism isn't generally what we think it is - but yes, it doesn't work, save on very small scales.

As for anarchists:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kowloon_Walled_City

So, yes, anarchism works better that communism - though the two, really, aren't that far apart.
>>
File: leftcucks 11.jpg (71KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
leftcucks 11.jpg
71KB, 960x720px
>>1807456

Communism is a stateless moneyless classless society whatever that jew crap means.

People running businesses together is not communism you retarded fuck
>>
File: oChzXDI.jpg (32KB, 642x792px) Image search: [Google]
oChzXDI.jpg
32KB, 642x792px
>>1807456
r u ok mate
>>
File: Wut_52df0e_5906682.gif (248KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
Wut_52df0e_5906682.gif
248KB, 400x300px
>>1807456

>Starting a for-profit business is communism
>>
File: 1442266095920.jpg (58KB, 450x443px) Image search: [Google]
1442266095920.jpg
58KB, 450x443px
>>1807456
>For communism: The early days of Microsoft, Google, Yahoo.
Oh boy.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (22KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
22KB, 480x360px
>>1807268
>>1807318
winner winner chicken dinner

some surface-level reading for OP:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revolutionary_Catalonia
https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anarcosindicalismo_en_Catalu%C3%B1a_durante_la_Guerra_Civil_Espa%C3%B1ola
https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guerra_Civil_Espa%C3%B1ola_en_Catalu%C3%B1a

I only hear praise for Orwell's Homage to Catalonia (I've only ever read excerpts). Michael Seidman appears in the Wikipedia bibliography and seems to have a contemporary appraisal of the region. And Stanley Payne offers, as always, an in-depth account of Spain and the Second Republic in his works on the Civil War. And, if it's up your alley, there are numerous anecdotal and fictional accounts (based on reality) that talk about the Catalonian experiment with anarchism.
>>
>>1807268
I have a theory: if you throw a ball in the air with all of your might, it won't come back down.

Try it! And if it doesn't end up working exactly as I predicted it would in my one-sentence manifesto, I'll just say that it wasn't a true representation of my theory and that it hasn't actually been tried yet.
>>
>>1808330

lol
>>
>>1807456
>Kowloon Walled City
>From the 1950s to the 1970s, it was controlled by Triads and had high rates of prostitution, gambling, and drug use.
>>
File: 1470722234320-0.png (525KB, 950x1031px) Image search: [Google]
1470722234320-0.png
525KB, 950x1031px
>>1808423
>implying that's bad
>>
>>1807268
One has never yet existed.

The Soviets might have gotten there, but rightists didn't let that happen.
>>
>>1807318
Vietnam and Cuba never established communism
>>
>>1807268
Catalonia in the Spanish civil war and Kurdistan in the Syrian civil war come quite close
>>
File: baron ungern.jpg (29KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
baron ungern.jpg
29KB, 300x400px
>>1808301
>the dictatorship of the CNT-FAI
>communist

It's like calling the territory ruled by Baron von Ungern-Sternberg during the Russian Civil War the "Mongol Empire", because he claimed to be the successor of the clans.
>>
In the Holy Roman Empire, there were areas where feudalism didn't develop thanks to their isolated nature and marshy terrain. In these regions, society remained basically anarchist until the 16th century.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frisian_freedom

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dithmarschen

There are also the hill tribes of Southeast Asia, who have also escaped control by government thanks to their isolation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zomia_(region)

And of course, the better known Icelandic Commonwealth and the Amish.

What do they all have in common? Strong religion and patriarchal values. The only form of anarchy possible is religious anarcho-patriarchy.
>>
>>1808519
>the dictatorship of the YPG
>anarchist

Again, you guys are fucking naive and gullible.
>>
>>1808567
>ISIS is not Islamic because they don't follow x, y and z tenets of Islam

>YPG are anarcho-communists, even though they have an army, a police force and have established a centralized, dictatorial government in areas under their control (not mentioning the cult of personality of their leaders), because they said so
>>
File: dc4.jpg (38KB, 600x632px) Image search: [Google]
dc4.jpg
38KB, 600x632px
>>1808567
>>1808583
> centralized, dictatorial government in areas under their control (not mentioning the cult of personality of their leaders)

wat? I mean there not really that anarchist but when the fuck and how are they authoritarian?
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.