[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the ugliest language in history? HARDMODE: No Arabic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 12

File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
What is the ugliest language in history?
HARDMODE: No Arabic or Chinese
>>
>>1805743

Turkish
>>
>shit-tier
Korean
Thai
Vietnamese
Filipino
Russian
Turkish

>god tier
Afrikaans
Hebrew
English
>>
>>1805743
It's a matter of perception.
>>
File: seccturk.jpg (34KB, 443x380px) Image search: [Google]
seccturk.jpg
34KB, 443x380px
all the slav languages and hebrew

fucking hebrew, shit sounds like they got a cat stuck down their throat with all those "ach"-sounds and I can never take any israeli seriously when he talks cause he sounds like a arab
>>
>>1805743
Arabic singing isnt actually that bad
>>
Hungarian.
>>
Tagalog without a doubt, and I kind of like arabic and mandarin
>>
>>1805765
>Üdschgün hülügbülüg
Turkish is low tier too
>>
>>1805771
you mean the religious singing they stole from Christians?
>>
File: keitty.jpg (54KB, 600x593px) Image search: [Google]
keitty.jpg
54KB, 600x593px
>>1805771
depends on dialect

levantine arabic song is beautiful
>>
Welsh can suck a dick.
>>
>>1805743
This thread should be taken to /int/
>>
>>1805765
Turkish sounds like you're trying to gargle shit.
>>
>>1805791
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-EfW7gYzns
>>
danish
>>
>>1805815
Danish is just crude, it's not that bad
>>
>>1805743
Arabic is a really nice language that gets bad rap due Arabs being backwards niggers. Turkish is also a very melodic language that gets shit on because Turks are backwards niggers.

I would say Tagalog and Dutch are the two worst languages out there.
>>
>>1805743
southeast asian languages
african languages
>>
>>1805743
celtic languages
sounds like perpetual butthurt
>>
>>1805971
Gaelic and Brittonic languages sound nothing alike though. And Manx just sounds like English.
>>
>>1805743
Danish and japanese
>>
>>1805743
Vietnamese
>>
>>1805743
Disgusting french
>>
All of the Germanic languages.
>>
>>1806953
how dare you
>>
>>1806943
Anglais dégoûtant.
>>
Dutch, most likely. Finnish too.
>>
>>1807017

Finnish is insane
>>
>>1806978
My bad ahmed, OP said no arabic shit tongue
>>
>>1805743
>hardmode

You mean chink mode. Tonal freaks get OUT.
>>
>>1807050
Ah that's alright then Sadiq Kahn, but you should get out too since he also implied no Paki language.
>>
>>1805964
Nothing to do with being backwards. It's mostly the abundance of gutural gargling sounds.
>>
>>1805743
Linguist here
There are no ugly languages, you just don't get them.
>>1807085
"gutural" is a meme word and does not mean anything.
>>
A lot of people don't like continental Portuguese but I really like it (even if I am biased, being from Lisbon). Its true that there are lots of harsh sounds, but you get used to them and they end up sounding somewhat melodic in their own way. also, the "s" sound isn't quite a "sh" sound, but more of a "j/x" sound
>>
Mongolian
>>
File: IPA_chart_2005.png (189KB, 1656x2144px) Image search: [Google]
IPA_chart_2005.png
189KB, 1656x2144px
>>1807753
Learn to use the IPA. "sh" sound and "j/x" sound mean fundamentally different things to users of different languages around the world.
>>1807771
Mongolian is utterly beautiful
>>
>>1805964
You have a very ....wide vocabulary anon.
>>
Welsh
>>
>>1807753
>tfw like european portuguese
>tfw all portuguese courses teach the disgusting hue variety
>>
>>1807753
The first time I heard someone speak Portuguese, I thought it was Russian.
>>
Arabic ugly? The fuck?

Arabic flows like water and the script is beautiful. Sure some Arab men sound awful but thats the person not the language.

English is perhaps the most beautiful language, not so much in raw physical sound but in the way its so descriptive, so versatile, in how it can conjure and convey such imagery and ideas.
>>
File: pepe da gama.jpg (46KB, 480x429px) Image search: [Google]
pepe da gama.jpg
46KB, 480x429px
>>1807785

I studied linguistics, I'm familiar with the IPA, but I don't know whether or not others are and I was trying to make sure people understood. let's say it's similar to the way the French pronounce "je"

>>1807802
I have a Scottish friend who feels the same. Tfw trying to talk to hue international students and "cara eu nao entendo nada que voce ta dizendu"

>>1807814
Yeah, Portuguese is very harsh, it can seem almost arabic or slavic.
>>
>>1805743
I got a warning for making a thread like this once
>>
>>1807835
>I studied linguistics, I'm familiar with the IPA, but I don't know whether or not others are and I was trying to make sure people understood. let's say it's similar to the way the French pronounce "je"
You're either full of shit or deliberately lowering the level of public discourse. You're talking about [ʒ], the voiced palato-alveolar sibilant. Now anyone can look that up on wikipedia and listen to how it sounds, with absolutely no chance of mixing it up with [x], [h], [d͡ʒ] or anything else.
>>
>>1807085
>It's mostly the abundance of gutural gargling sounds.
Then why does French, which is also full of those, have a reputation as a "beautiful" and "romantic" sounding language?
>>
>>1805743

Finnish sounds like dogshit.
>>
>>1805787
>Üdschgün
That seems more German.
>>
Afro-asiatic languages
Uralic languages
>>
>>1807984
In Turkish it would be spelled ücgün.
>>
>>1807992
so much for german efficiency i guess
>>
>>1805743
I considered Mandarin really horrible sounding initially but the more I heard the more I came to like it. Same with Arabic and Brazilian Portuguese.

Funny how that works.
>>
>>1805790
>Arabs can't be christian

Fuck off
>>
File: 1447694499117.jpg (146KB, 651x960px) Image search: [Google]
1447694499117.jpg
146KB, 651x960px
>>1805743
>>
>>1805803
Turkish sounds like a German-accented person speaking Korean or some Asian language like that, with several French and Arabic words thrown in, and some of the r's are replaced with czech ř for no good reason.
>>
>>1807999
The Turkish and Finnish alphabets are actually the best Latin-based alphabets out there. English, French and Irish are heinous. German covers a middle ground. To be fair though, [d͡ʒ] is not native to Standard German.
>>
>>1808074
Lots of the English and Irish instances of silent "gh" would be improved by using "ğ" in my opinion. E.G. "neighbor" vs "neiğbor", even if it only saves one letter it's still preferable. Like which takes up less space, saying "My neighbor Brian Kavanagh went to Dunkin Doughnuts" or "My neiğbor Brian Kavanağ went to Dunkin Doğnuts"?

inb4 "heheh you said dog nuts"
>>
Hebrew is hideous. German isn't that pretty but it has a manly charm to it.
>>
>>1805783
Fuck you Romanian shitskin
>>
File: ona tribe, argentina.jpg (330KB, 1211x800px) Image search: [Google]
ona tribe, argentina.jpg
330KB, 1211x800px
>>1805743
I win. Amazonian languages are just... crazy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHv3-U9VPAs (start at 0:30) for the "xaixihaihai" to begin
>>
>>1805754
this
>>
>>1808326
>diacritics
Keep those filthy shit-smears away from my language.
>>
Welsh. Literally looks like someone smashed their head against a keyboard.
>>
>>1808783
it's less intimidating once you realize Y and W are vowels
>>
>>1808838
how do you pronouns Y W vowels?
>>
>>1808326
This doesn't solve anything. English would need an entirely new orthography that corresponds directly to its pronunciation. It would probably look something like this:

Ðis daznt solv æniþiŋ. Iŋliʃ wud niid an entairli nju orþogrefi ðæt kårespånds dairektly tu its prenansieiʃn. It wud probæbli luk samþiŋ laik ðis.

(Keep in mind, this is coming from a non-native speaker of English. I probably mixed up a few vowels up there.)
>>
>>1807835
>Yeah, Portuguese is very harsh, it can seem almost arabic or slavic.
BR here. If you hear yuroportuguese and start dozing off (like move it to the background sounds) it sounds like russian. But just sounds like it.
>>1807802
Top kek. Why the fuck would you want to learn portuguese?
>>1808732
>argentina
>amazonian
ok
/HIS/ how do you describe saying ㄢ , ㄣ, ㄤ and ㄥ? Like your tong and throat positions? I'm already somewhat novice in reading hanzi but saying shit (not mentally) kinda fucks up. Those sounds I've described end up being too similar to each other when I say them.
>>
The hardest language in history is the one furthest removed in terms of linguistic factors from your own language.
>>
>>1807078
He didn't though

>Pakis = arabs instead of poo in loos
>>
File: searcaigh.gif (11KB, 500x140px) Image search: [Google]
searcaigh.gif
11KB, 500x140px
>>1808074
>Irish is heinous
You literally just don't get it. Irish is beautiful, makes perfect sense and is completely phonetic unlike English or French.

>>1808326
Gh in Irish isn't silent like in English though. It's like greek Gamma. Also, traditionally all of the aspirated letters were written with a dot above instead of a h, but it became less common with typewriters. pic related
>>
>>1810269

Irish is a hideous language, both written and spoken. At times, I feel the British were justified in their treatment of the Irish on the basis of their language alone.
>>
>>1807085
Turkish doesn't even have any guttural sounds. Look man I hate Turks as much as everyone else but their language sounds like singing to me, it's one good thing about that shithole.
>>
>>1810272
>Irish is a hideous language, both written and spoken.
It's fair enough if you think that but mentioning it in the same breath as English and French makes me believe you're actually not well acquainted with it at all.
>>
>>1808074
That's because Turkish latin script was purpose designed not too long ago rather than just evolving through hit and miss, with linguistic drift making some features obsolete.
>>
Vietnamese for sure.
>>
>>1810274
I've nothing against Turks (besides their government) but Turkish just sounds like babbling. It's soft but that's not necessarily a good thing. Arabic is actually much nicer than Turkish in my opinion. Guttural sounds aren't always bad.
>>
PHP, JavaScript, and C++ (in that order)
>>
>>1805743
hungarian
>>
>>1810300
dont you tuch muh c++
>>
>>1805743
anything from balcan
>>
File: succturk.jpg (33KB, 443x380px) Image search: [Google]
succturk.jpg
33KB, 443x380px
>>1810300
>not assembly shit like Motorola, MIPS and x86
also Python for being a literal meme language
>>
>>1810269
>You literally just don't get it. Irish is beautiful, makes perfect sense and is completely phonetic unlike English or French.
Please explain to me how it works then. Looking at the wikipedia page for Irish orthography makes it seem like a convoluted mess. Like German, it has the main problem that a prime phonetic feature of the language is not reflected in spelling in a regular way. Instead, there is a complicated relationship between spelling and pronunciation of velarized and palatalized consonants. (German does not have this, but it has a very similar problem with vowel length).
>>1810285
This is true. It seems strange to me that other language communities keep spelling their languages the same way the did 200 or 500 or 1000 or 2000 years ago. Written French and Spoken French are two distinct languages at this point, with some grammatical changes taking place in the written language that are not reflected in speech anymore.
>>
File: Absolutelyrekt.webm (1MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Absolutelyrekt.webm
1MB, 640x360px
>>1805743
Slav languages sound horrible in general.
>>
>>1810293
I like Arabic too, I also don't think guttural sounds are necessarily bad.

Arabic flows really nicely and is great when sung but to my ears Turkish sounds like poetry, I don't know why.
>>
>>1807802
Reddit's /r/Portuguese is usually helpful for finding non-hue resources.
>>
>>1810349
I hate arabic because they don't write half of letters.
>>
>>1810317
>Please explain to me how it works then.
Ok. The concept of broad and slender is important. For most consonants there are two pronounciations; broad usually velarised, and slender, sometimes palatalised. So.

>san
is velarised

>sin
is palatalised

If you look at the text I posted you'll notice that consonants are always flanked by either broad or slender vowels, never a mix. That indicates how the consonant is meant to be prononounced. There are very few exceptions to this.

It's not complicated at all.
>>
>>1805743
Danish
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-mOy8VUEBk
>>
>>1805743

Klingon
>>
>>1810384
That's not Danish, but it's pretty close.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wX45Td-HEcI
>>
>>1805785
SE Asian here. Fucking agree. Tagalog sounds like something a mentally handicapped person would come up with.

>Putang na ig mako na palayan mika hombre burrito pendejo makango lokang balacan

Thai sounds even fucking worse

>Nom mai parathai kathoey klarang klatong ning nong ding dong

Malay supremacy all the way, motherfuckers!
>>
>>1808890
y can be either "ee" or "uh/ih", w is "oo".
>>
>>1807085

Different Arab dialects sound completely different.
>>
Danish and Dutch. Fucking potato-garglers. Some of the same disgusting features are present in Scottish English as well.
>>
File: sultan bin baba.jpg (18KB, 480x452px) Image search: [Google]
sultan bin baba.jpg
18KB, 480x452px
>>1810389
So Hungarian?
>>
>>1805743
Polish, language of snakes.
>>
>>1807877
The mods just don't like you Anon.
>>
Either Thai or Vietmaneese
>>
>>1806811
Nothing wrong with Japanese, but I agree with you on Danish.
>>
>>1807935
bias
>>
Icelandic

Most complex grammar and difficult pronounciation of any language.
>>
>>1808565
Dude, your language sounds horrid, he doesn't have to be a Romanian to think it sucks.
Thread posts: 102
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.