[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There's absolutely no way he didn't know what was going

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: Albert Speer.jpg (786KB, 1963x1934px) Image search: [Google]
Albert Speer.jpg
786KB, 1963x1934px
There's absolutely no way he didn't know what was going on, right?

He certainly must have known they were using Polish slave labor in German factories.

How did he get such a relatively light sentence?
>>
>>1805172
Because some of the judges were under influence of American and German monopolies, who needed people like Speer and Hjalmar Schacht
>>
He lied to Nuremburg, stated that he fully accepted "blame" as a Nazi and said he felt really bad about it despite SOMEHOW not "knowing what happened".
>>
>>1805172
I don't know. Why did they give Hess a life sentence when he was clearly mentally ill?
>>
>>1805179
How did they need him? He spent the next 20 years in prision
>>
>>1805195
It doesn't mean that he wouldn't work on something.
>>
>>1805172
>relatively light sentence?

I don't think getting 20 years in prison for being a Nazi architect is a "light sentence".
>>
>>1805172
>knowing things makes you a criminal
>ex-post-facto and tu-quoque victors' justice
>>
>>1805218
Might is right. The Nazis lost. Deal with it.
>>
>>1805172
>How did he get such a relatively light sentence?

He was eager to cooperate as a witness, so long as it didn't involve him directly. He provided mountains of information on the German war economy and many Allied post-war reports use him as a primary source, most notably the United States Strategic Bombing Survey, which was key to establishing the USAF as a separate branch.

Because they could verify some information with capture documentation, and as his answers during interrogations with both British and American prosecutors remained consistent, he was considered reliable. Between that and a willingness to provide information his conspicuous lack of knowledge about the Holocaust was more or less overlooked.

I believe there is video of Goering and other defendants laughing and chiding him during his testimony for downplaying what he supposedly did and didn't know.

He eventually began to claim he knew much more, becoming extremely remorseful, but even then had excuses for himself.
>>
>>1805215
He didn't get 20 years for being an architect, he got 20 years for being in charge of the war economy and thus making extensive use of slave labour
>>
Did pic related really hang himself at the age of 93?
>>
>>1805172
>How did he get such a relatively light sentence?
He was a well-educated, eloquent man who could present himself in a good light. Fritz Sauckel, who arguably did the exact same thing as Speer was executed, simply because he lacked in speechcraft skill.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.