[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Theoretically, if you wanted to raise a GREAT MAN as understood

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 8

File: a_woman.webm (730KB, 800x1040px) Image search: [Google]
a_woman.webm
730KB, 800x1040px
Theoretically, if you wanted to raise a GREAT MAN as understood in the historical context of a great mover and changer of events, how would you do it? are there any commonalities in the childhoods of great men?
Let's be clear here, I'm not asking how you would raise someone who's actually a well-rounded, successful person. I'm not even asking how to raise a genius. I'd even argue that most dictators, staggeringly successful warlords and so on tend to be quite unstable.
Also it's just hypothetical so don't get too pissy.
>>
Great men become great by themselves.
>>
>>1804011
source?
>>
File: seccturk.jpg (34KB, 443x380px) Image search: [Google]
seccturk.jpg
34KB, 443x380px
>living your dreams through your child
you are no better than those fucking fashion show moms

I am sure your child will be a GREAT MAN if you go to the local zoo and have him fight the lion with a butterknife
>>
>>1804006
Military school obviously, look at Norman Schwarzkopf
>>
>>1804019
>Also it's just hypothetical so don't get too pissy.
I am legitimately just curious if there's some kinda recurring theme in the childhoods of great generals and movers and despots, if I get a child myself I'll just try to give them the tools to live a happy life.
>>
>>1804015
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_sense
>>
File: succturk.jpg (33KB, 443x380px) Image search: [Google]
succturk.jpg
33KB, 443x380px
>>1804030
Do what every steppe person of iranian, turkic and mongol origin has done and give him a foal to raise and become companion with.

It worked for Genghis and friends whom ended up conquering the world and slaughtering millions in the process.
>>
>>1804065
>It worked for Genghis and friends whom ended up conquering the world and slaughtering millions in the process.
Honestly when I hear great men, I generally think of individuals that changed history in a way in which it would have been different if it was someone else. Like caesar or alexander, people who individually had such a great influence that it changed the world. Genghis was a talentless hack in a good situation.
>>
File: keitty.jpg (54KB, 600x593px) Image search: [Google]
keitty.jpg
54KB, 600x593px
>>1804072
Fine, it worked for Cyrus the Great who'd become a jewish Messiah eventhough he was a gentile and have his legislations of human rights to be used by the UN to this day, is that good enough?
>>
>>1804079
Yes but you were mean to me earlier in the thread and it really hurt my feelings so I want to disregard your answer.
>>
File: terk.jpg (23KB, 252x276px) Image search: [Google]
terk.jpg
23KB, 252x276px
>>1804087
Stop being so tsundere and go to your local rancher.

Your childs future successes and conquest depends on it.
>>
>>1804095
Are you kidding? I'm gonna raise my child on salad and give them female hormone shots. I will never allow my son to surpass me.
>>
>>1804087
Lay off. Turk guy is actually contributing. If what he said was true, that's pretty cool
>>
>>1804006
A great man needs challenge, and an unconventional education: the earlier, the more pronounced the "greatness" will be.
Too early, and you get a psychopath, too late, and you get an ordinary man who fails as his peers fail.
Similarly, with challenge; too little, and you get a conventional man, too much, and you get a madman, if there's anything left.

Besides that, you need an opportunity for him to succeed - generally instability and a threat that established convention or authority can't deal with, or an "unconventional" social force that stands to become the new orthodoxy, but lacks a figure to place his stamp on it, or at least direct it down certain channels (generally this type of person's caused consequences aren't consciously thought out, just outcomes of their shorter-term motivations rather than any grand design - think Napoleon, or Hitler).

>>1804095
Horse riding is redpilled af.
>>
>>1804124
>Too early, and you get a psychopath,
Great men and sociopathy/psychopathy are almost mutually inclusive.
>>
File: bpEwgeZ.jpg (120KB, 528x292px) Image search: [Google]
bpEwgeZ.jpg
120KB, 528x292px
>>1804131
You know what I mean m8.
I mean real, unfunctioning psychopathy, not Machiavellianism/super-moral vision/ubermensch status or however you want to term the ability to make hard choices and enact consequential decisions.

A Ted Kaczynski type, at best.
>>
>>1804072
>A guy who at a very young age started out having his father killed by tartars and his tribe leaving him and his mother nad siblings to scrap out in the wild.

That's strange start for a so-called talentless hack.
>>
File: Reinhard.jpg (124KB, 595x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Reinhard.jpg
124KB, 595x1440px
Let his sister get shagged and raped by the current ruler.
>>
>>1804006
great men always had great mentors
>>
>>1804270
but where do great mentors come from?
>>
>>1804285
Great philosophers
>>
File: 1474223256554.jpg (63KB, 728x701px) Image search: [Google]
1474223256554.jpg
63KB, 728x701px
>>1804006
It's called being in the right place at the right time.

It is power that makes one great, not the lust for power
>>
>>1804289
and those?
>>
>>1804379
Pederasty
>>
>>1804400
you know what you must do OP
>>
>>1804138
Teddy boy was actually incredibly ethical and was not at all a psycopath. Charles Mansion would be a better example.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.