[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can we prevent dictatorial power from being abused? Is there

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

How can we prevent dictatorial power from being abused? Is there any precedent for such a safeguard?

Is a just revolutionary dictatorship possible?
>>
An oligarchical council that can control him. The Members of the council are from various backgrounds and states/counties of the nation, and they are elected by the people every 6 years.

Full on authoritarian dictatorship is impossible.
>>
>>1802881
>just revolutionary dictatorship
Without decent definitions this is just a mess of words
>>
Vanguardism
>>
>>1802899
But can the public be properly informed to fulfill the needs of the revolution?
>>
>>1802881
The more checks and balances you throw on top of a dictatorship, the less of a dictatorship it becomes.
>>
>>1802881
>How can we prevent dictatorial power from being abused?

Don't have dictatorial power.
>>
>>1802900
A state which has a clear revolutionary vision for society that it intends to pursue through non-democratic means
>>
>>1802995
required (free) political education in order to vote.
So people are taught debate, the political system's workings, spotting propaganda and lies.
Basically make it so everyone can spot corruption and abuse, making it near impossible for someone to gain traction through that.
That is of course under the basis the education system wasn't first corrupted.
>>
>>1802881
there's no way, its why despite democracy's many shortcomings its vastly superior to any form of autocracy
>>
>>1803262

Great. You've summoned the monarchists. I hope you're happy.
>>
>>1802881
in theory a constitutional frame, but it has never happened
>>
As 'uncool' as the American revolution is for the average keyboard revolutionary, the ultimate success of the United States was largely due the ruling elites agreeing on 1) separation of powers 2) peaceful handovers of state power between different factions.

Lenin explicitly rejected separation of powers or organizing the state to deal with factionalism as he was worried the state would "have its hands bound" and be an ineffectual and disunited social democracy. Although this he had valid concerns and precedents from the failure of the German social democrats to maintain their revolutionary principles, it was probably his biggest mistake.Russia went from reactionary autocracy to revolutionary autocracy and to this day still does not have a meaningful tradition of legalism or constitutional limits on state power.

It's not clear that even if Lenin had embraced an independent judiciary and a system of checks and balances that things would've worked out any differently, but certainly he didn't spend much effort on developing an *institutional* framework.

Personal letters and appeals to revolutionary ethics show that Lenin was somewhat aware of the danger, but a system of formal rules and intentionally counterposed interests is more likely to last.

For further reading on how soviet legality never fully emerged: https://www.amazon.com/Ideas-Forces-Soviet-Legal-History/dp/0195055950
>>
>>1803318
The Soviet Union had several constitutions.

A major problem is that a constitution tends to facilitate statis, which directly contrasts with the transitional nature of a revolutionary state.
>>
>>1802881
>Is there any precedent for such a safeguard?
checks and balances are in most Republics, a Parliament to counter the Prime Minster, a House of Representatives, a Senate, and a Supreme Court to counter a President, and so on so forth.

The Soviet Union after Stalin did enact a check system with the Supreme Soviet/Politburo checking the General Secretary, which is how Khrushchev was forced to resign in favor of Brezhnev.

but generally you need other areas of government outside the direct influence of one person to counter one person dictating too much.

accountability to the people of a nation is also the most common check in world governments today, with people directly voting in elections to voice whether they approve of the direction of their government or not as a whole. Of course there's vote rigging that happens, and international watchdogs and monitors are usually called to prevent funny business, even if it doesn't always work, it's a deterrent nonetheless.
>>
File: 1463432837716.png (76KB, 309x407px) Image search: [Google]
1463432837716.png
76KB, 309x407px
>>1802881
Private power is a side effect of private property.
You NEED a cultural revolution.

You need to change the culture from one of subservience to one of autonomy.

The taboo on speaking out and questioning authority is fucking strong.

>be in classroom
>teacher asks what 2 divided by 2 is
>*crickets*

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST SAY SOMETHING!!!!!!!
you have to de-sheeple the people.
Which can only be done by a vanguard party.

tl;dr the sheeple need a fat Chinese man to tell them
>it is right to rebel
>>
>>1803969
I cringed so fucking hard when I read this. Go back to /leftypol/.
>>
>>1802881

You can't.

Nope.

>Is a just revolutionary dictatorship possible?

Yes but you can't plan for it. If you;re lucky, your revolution will be headed by men like Washington and Franklin, if you're less lucky it will be Stalin or Hitler. This is why revolutionary politics are a terrible thing, no matter what your dream outcome would be, having a revolution is a gigantic crapshoot.
>>
File: 1473884671790.png (96KB, 200x240px) Image search: [Google]
1473884671790.png
96KB, 200x240px
>>1803995
enjoy cringing in the gulag
>>
>>1803995
>being this much of a counterrevolutionary
To the gulag.
>>
File: luxemburg.jpg (4KB, 283x178px) Image search: [Google]
luxemburg.jpg
4KB, 283x178px
>>1802881
L U X E M B U R G I S M
>>
pay less the higher the rank?
>>
>>1802881
You can't.

No.

>Is a just revolutionary dictatorship possible?
No.
>>
>>1802881
By appointing someone that will delegate power fairly after a revolution. In other words, done for a short amount of time then slowly thrown away. Something vaguely like this was done once, but it was to go the other direction.
>>
>>1803969
edgy
>>
>>1803969
Viva la revolution comrades. The proletariat must be awoken to their own exploitation and it must be US who awaken them. I am indeed an activist and a revolutionary, not one in the real world but one in the cyber world. I have awoken many people in the comment sections of websites, combating the porkies and reactionaries on the battlefield of the internet. I have also done my part as a brony and an atheist to spread our ideology within those groups and i am so proud of myself.

Today i have a new name, I am no longer Samuel Ferrel but have been reborn in the revolution. My new, revolutionary name is Leon Fauxy

VIVA LA REVOLUTION
>>
File: 1468954800320.png (369KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
1468954800320.png
369KB, 1200x800px
>>1804159
>empower the masses
>edgy
>>/gulag/
>>
>>1803969
>you have to de-sheeple the people.
>sheeple are made and not born
will commushits EVER learn? will they EVER accept most people are servile on a genetic level for a reason?
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.